PDA

View Full Version : Missing Ferret :(

Phoenix200416
03-Apr-11, 10:54
I know its probably a long shot but I was trying to let as many people know as possible.

Laurel escaped from his cage sometime on Saturday. I have been unable to find him. He is missing in the Doll area outside of Brora. I was hoping that if anyone was passing through the area at any point and spot a little silver ferret if they could contact me via PM or phone 07851246298 and let me know where he was spotted. He is afraid of loud noises so I am hoping that he will stay away from the road as I am right next to the A9 on the beach side.

Here are a couple of clear photographs of Laurel.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/162888_463625625905_553570905_6122982_4477275_n.jp g

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/60763_463879395905_553570905_6126403_4406977_n.jpg

cameroncara
03-Apr-11, 11:41
Im in Brora tomorrow so will drive slowly in case I see him, hope you find him soon x

cherokee
03-Apr-11, 12:48
Awwwww, what a bonny wee man !
My In-Laws live in Brora and are often out and about for walks, so I'll mention it to them for you.

Phoenix200416
03-Apr-11, 13:37
Many thanks to you Cara, I really appreiciate you taking the time to keep and eye out for me as you drive by. Also many thanks to yourself Cherokee, it would great to have some extra pairs of eyes on the look-out when your in-laws are out walking. I have made some posters up. Just need to find some places to put them up. Was going to put one at the gate down to the beach for people walking their dogs and things to see and keep a look-out in case he has gone down that way. Also was thinking of putting some up in Brora.

I have just been out with a neighbour who was helping me to look for him. We couldn't find any sign of him. I think he would be most likely to stay close to walls rather than come out in the open completely as he is a not a brave ferret. Also to note that he is very friendly, and is the one ferret I have owned that even as a kit has never bitten. He might look to people for help if he has gotten himself lost away from house and can't find his way back. He has always associated people's feet with good things, such as security and food.

Sarah
03-Apr-11, 19:26
I know I have said it already, but I'm keeping him in my thoughts. I just wish I was closer to help.

Phoenix200416
04-Apr-11, 13:27
Thanks Sarah. I really appreicate that!

I am going to put some more posters out if I can find the laminating sheets! I also got a reply from the SSPCA who are going to let me know if Laurel is handed in which is a huge help. A police woman is coming out riding on Wednesday so I will speak to her in case he gets handed into the police station. I have also put out some jam jar lids with ferretone in them to see if I can pin-point the general area he is hiding in. Still keeping my fingers crossed that he turns up!