PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find a blue motorcyle helmet?

ywindythesecond
03-Apr-11, 01:00
Anyone find a blue motorcycle helmet on the roadside between Castletown and Dunnet on Saturday 2nd April? I had a breakdown and left it on the verge when the rescue service came.
I know.
Pillock!

riggerboy
03-Apr-11, 09:21
well atleast you never left yer heed in it dafty

ywindythesecond
03-Apr-11, 09:45
My mother used to say I would lose that too if it wasn't sewn on!

sweetpea
03-Apr-11, 17:22
I went to Mey and looked on the road between Castletown and Dunnet but couldn't see it.

ywindythesecond
03-Apr-11, 18:11
I went to Mey and looked on the road between Castletown and Dunnet but couldn't see it.
Thanks sweetpea. My wife looked for it about 45 minutes after I left it there and it was gone. It would have been very obvious to anyone passing so I hope it will turn up at the police station in the next couple of days.

ducati
03-Apr-11, 21:32
A blue helmet? in a police station? Good luck with that one:lol:.

Seriously, I hope you do find it, expensive bit of kit and they take so long to become er.. lived in!

northener
04-Apr-11, 14:13
Try looking up in any nearby trees...

I reckon some smart Rook has just moved into a nicely insulated prefab hoose with a panoramic window......

orkneycadian
04-Apr-11, 17:26
I had a breakdown and left it on the verge when the rescue service came.

Let down by fossil fuels ywindy? What percentage of your motorbikes were running at full power that day, and what percentage were sitting idle, doing nothing at the side of the road?

ywindythesecond
04-Apr-11, 21:14
Let down by fossil fuels ywindy? What percentage of your motorbikes were running at full power that day, and what percentage were sitting idle, doing nothing at the side of the road?
Thank you okc for giving me the opportunity to punt this thread back to the top.

Now, has anyone heard of a blue motorcycle helmet being found at the roadside on Saturday between Dunnet and Castletown?

orkneycadian
04-Apr-11, 21:29
No worries ywindy. Will be driving that road the morn, so will keep an eye open for it. Sounds like others already have, but you never know! :)

ywindythesecond
04-Apr-11, 22:41
Great stuff okc, don't pass the door, pop in for a cup of tea. No joke, pm me and I'll give you directions.

donnick
04-Apr-11, 23:18
where about on the links did you break doon ?i pass daily could have a look for you

ywindythesecond
05-Apr-11, 00:01
Thanks Donnick, It was in sight of the old mill, but the helmet was right at the roadside so nobody could have missed it (except me of course). I was going to phone the police station today to see if it had been handed in but got tied up. I will call them in the morning.

orkneycadian
08-Apr-11, 20:03
Great stuff okc, don't pass the door, pop in for a cup of tea. No joke, pm me and I'll give you directions.

Alas ywindy. no helmet to be seen on a driveby, but never expected to see it when you, and others, had probably looked a lot harder than that..... No time for the tea either - Maybe next time!

ywindythesecond
09-Apr-11, 22:39
I had hoped that my faith in human nature would have been rewarded, but as nobody has handed in the helmet, I am just going to have to buy a new one. Thanks to everyone who had a look for it.

ywindythesecond
11-Apr-11, 00:32
Thanks also to AMS in Wick who loaned me a helmet to get home. The only problem was that the cheek pads were so firm that my cheeks were so squashed in that if I went over a bump, I would ventilate my mouth side to side.