PDA

View Full Version : Recording Stuff

Kenneth
03-Apr-11, 00:42
Looking for some dirt cheap recording stuff, any ideas?? Like equipment and programs!

Just for mysel you know! Bit of guitar / vocals / glockenspiel

The Music Monster
03-Apr-11, 01:01
By the time you've bought the equipment and got to know how it works, you may as well trek along to a studio for a couple of hours. If you do plenty of prep before you go in, you should be able to record at the rate of roughly 1 song per hour. Book in for a weekend and you've got yourself an album!!!

missmillie
03-Apr-11, 14:27
It depends how serious you want to go, If its just for pleasure and fun of recording your own tracks or a good quality demo then a home studio set up can be put together fairly cheap and easy in the form of a mic, audio technica do a great sound quality Condenser microphone that goes right into your usb so saving on splashing out on an interface or pre amps and it gives a great quality sound and you can go for cheap and cheerful programs such as reason or samplitude for the mixing side of things or even a free one for just recording is Audacity and some good sound blocking earphones and mic stand/pop guard and you're away. But if you are wanting a fully mastered album or track or something top quality in sound then yes that's when the serious cash comes in , I have got material into record companies and tv with the mic mentioned above and using cubase but its just harder work to get the sound quality perfect on a lower budget rather than walking into the pro's who have it already. Computer wise plenty of memory to keep things up to speed while mixing in real time and a good sound card !! Good luck and enjoy =)

weegieboarder
03-Apr-11, 18:07
I got a wee zoom 4 track recorder a couple of years back and had good results with that. If you are looking for one then send me a note

Crackeday
10-Apr-11, 15:57
I bought the Behringer package with mic, cans, mixer and USB soundcard. Great piece of kit. They advertise its as a "webcast" package but great for recording. I record using sony acid pro with some VST's and stuff. For mastering I use Izotope Ozone which is a great bit of kit that does the job of a studio engineer.
Cheap as chips but great results.

jazzyr1
01-May-11, 23:25
have look round here. http://www.gearslutz.com. the best place for the info you are looking for...