PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Stop talking or make peace?

GuitarHero
03-Apr-11, 00:18
I've been stuck in the middle of a feud between 2 women in my family for a couple of years now, they used to be really close and good friends but 1 or 2 things happened and they haven't spoken since and there is childish insults often and awkwardness when they come across each other out and about. I've tried to advise them to just make peace as life is too short but they both say some things can not be forgiven, it wasn't something dramatic one did on the other it all stemmed from jealousy and being catty I suppose but after a few years it is getting ridiculous. so what do you all think do you think it's best to just make peace or sometimes can grudges not be let go?

joxville
03-Apr-11, 00:58
My guess is you are still relatively young so I'll give you the benefit of an old gits experience; when it comes to women, they are a strange breed, and even worse where there is a feud, so best keep out of it and you can't/won't be blamed when it gets worse. Believe me, I still bear the scars.

The Music Monster
03-Apr-11, 01:12
I agree with you that life is too short for grudges. In terms of advice I would suggest this: If it is getting to you, you need to make sure that both parties know that it is. You can leave it be, but it will probably keep nagging until it drives you mad! I know it's twee, but there are plenty of examples from all veins of life to prove that we should make the most of our brief time on this planet with those around us - have a go at using them.

riggerboy
03-Apr-11, 09:20
My guess is you are still relatively young so I'll give you the benefit of an old gits experience; when it comes to women, they are a strange breed, and even worse where there is a feud, so best keep out of it and you can't/won't be blamed when it gets worse. Believe me, I still bear the scars.

completely agree, stay out of it,,, you`ll end up the bad one,,, theres nothing worse than getting involved with two women,, well there is but not when the pair o them are in a huff with each other,,,, sometimes theres nothing better than getting between two women but then thats a diffferent story

The Drunken Duck
03-Apr-11, 12:57

This man speaks the truth. When it comes to issues like these be like Switzerland. Just stand and watch.

I foolishly once got involved in a spat between a girlfriend and my sister. Faster than you could bat an eye I was the bad one as they both turned on me. I ended up splitting up with the girlfriend and both her and my sister were then united by a shared desire to have pops at me.

Women are insane.

Dadie
03-Apr-11, 16:01
Tell both of them you dont want to hear the "whos done what now" and the rest of the arguements between them.
Say you will remain friends with both of them, but, not to speak about the arguements and to stay civil(they dont have to like each other but they can tolerate each other) if they meet each other in your company as you are not taking sides, and you dont want to hear it anymore.
But it may be best to leave them to it.
If you interfere they may take it out on you too.
If no one is listening to their arguements and tittle tattling it may just run out of steam, as there will be no one else will report back to the other side.

sweetpea
03-Apr-11, 17:18
Wouldn't have been a man that came betwen them no?

Vistravi
03-Apr-11, 23:49
Leave them to it! Simply let them get on with it and not listen to any gurning about the other.
If you interfere you may make it worse and one of them fall out with you.