PDA

View Full Version : WARNING do you have one?

veekay
01-Apr-11, 18:37
I have just been informed about this and felt that I should tell other just in case anyone has one and hasn't been informed

Following independent tests carried out by the Forensic Science Service in 2010 the Olympic .38 BBM revolver is commonly known as a “blank firer”. has now been classified under the provisions of the Firearms Act 1982 which now makes it illegal to possess, supply or transfer within the UK.

The Olympic .380 BBM can also be known by the following names:

Bruni Olympic Revolver – Blank Firer
Olympic 9mm
Olympic .380
Olympic .38
The restriction does not apply to the Olympic .22 (6mm) blank firing starting pistol.

orkneycadian
01-Apr-11, 18:42
Well, that should appease the folk that think our gun laws are too lax! Even a starting pistol that fires blanks is illegal!

flash
01-Apr-11, 21:32
Having seen one very recently, it looks easy to convert from a blank firing revolver to a fully functioning firearm with minimal tools

Bazeye
01-Apr-11, 22:42
Better check the kitchen drawer.

ducati
02-Apr-11, 08:03
and down the back of the sofa.......and everywhere in Iraq :eek:

veekay
02-Apr-11, 11:15
I know it is really stupid, apparently the pistol can be readily adapted and extended so as to fire live rounds, probably only blow the hand off the gunman ( or should I have said gun person). Still that is what the law now says and as there is a 5 year prison sentence for breaking the law best be aware.
The changes made to owning hand guns have made no difference to the 'baddies' it is only the honest law abiding people who suffer - again!
Or am I a cynic?

orkneycadian
02-Apr-11, 11:24
No, you're a realist!