PDA

View Full Version : Should you feel a failure

scaraben
03-Sep-06, 21:48
Friends.

Once there was a Rabbit who lived in a hole in the ground. The hole was warm and it was dry, and this little rabbit was very happy there. There was just enough room for him to snuggle up in a furry round ball whenever the weather was cold and wet and muddy outside.
One cold, wet, day the little Rabbit was curled up warm and snug in his burrow when he heard a voice . “Rabbit are you in there ? Can I come in please ? Rabbit uncurled himself and made his way up to the entrance to his burrow, and peeped outside. There all dripping and wet was Hedgehog. “I’m ever so cold she said, can I come inside and get warm ?
Now Hedgehog was much bigger than the little Rabbit and what is more she was covered with prickles. Ah thought Rabbit, I’m not so sure that is a good idea she’s bigger than me and she is covered with nasty prickles. Hedgehog looked so cold and miserable and dripping with rain that Rabbit felt it would be unkind to leave her out in the cold. “All right said Rabbit you can come in provided you promise me that you will roll up small”. So Hedgehog crawled into the little Rabbit’s burrow.
Hedgehog curled up as promised, but no matter how much she curled up the poor little Rabbit always got stabbed with the Hedgehog’s prickles, and what was more the Hedgehog snored and snored while she slept and the soil around her became wet and muddy.
Finally Rabbit said to her “Look here Hedgehog this arrangement isn’t working out at all. My little burrow is all wet and muddy, you snore, and your prickles keep jabbing me, and I am not getting a wink of sleep at night, you’ll just have to go back to your own house”
“No way” said Hedgehog, “I’m happy right here, and very comfortable. If you are not pleased with the arrangement go somewhere else”
The poor little Rabbit had to move out into the cold wood and huddle under a bush until the rain stopped, when he could make himself a new home.

I’m telling you this story to alert you to the fact that “Some friends may ruin you but a REAL FRIEND will be more loyal than a brother”
Friendship is not a one way thing, it has to work both ways. If YOU are ALWAYS giving, and your (So called) Friend is always TAKING. Your “Friend” isn’t REALLY a friend at all.
So you remember this, to be a REAL FRIEND to another person you have to give as well as take !!

P.S That "Should you feel a failure" up above is not intended to be there a little slip up !"!!!

scaraben
03-Sep-06, 21:55
I should point out that I failed to fill in the Title when I posted "FRIENDS" & so my other thread title "Sould you feel a failure" should NOT have come up in "FRIENDS" !! :confused