PDA

View Full Version : We have to get rid of Harper - BIGTIME

David Banks
31-Mar-11, 14:05
. . . and there is only one way to do it.

He has been found in contempt of parliament and we cannot trust what he says or does.

secrets in symmetry
31-Mar-11, 17:01
Indeed. You need a good honest politically savvy man who understands politics and the media. Conrad Black comes to mind immediately.

Kodiak
31-Mar-11, 17:21
Three Questions come to mind.

1. Who is Harper?

2. Who is Conrad Black?

3. Where are they based?

David Banks
31-Mar-11, 17:30
Three Questions come to mind.

1. Who is Harper?

2. Who is Conrad Black?

3. Where are they based?

1. prime minister of Canada

2. a Canadian who gave up Canadian citizenship so he could become English and get a title of Lord something of somewhere.

3. Harper is in Halifax today, trying to buy us with our own money. Black is, I think, still in jail in the US.

Kodiak
31-Mar-11, 17:59
1. prime minister of Canada

2. a Canadian who gave up Canadian citizenship so he could become English and get a title of Lord something of somewhere.

3. Harper is in Halifax today, trying to buy us with our own money. Black is, I think, still in jail in the US.

So all in all it is a bit pointless in making this post on Caithness.org as most of us do not live in Canada.

David Banks
31-Mar-11, 18:08
So all in all it is a bit pointless in making this post on Caithness.org as most of us do not live in Canada.

I don't think so. There are a few Canadians on the org.

And, I would not mind hearing the opinions of those not in Canada.

Kodiak
31-Mar-11, 18:11
That is what I did, I gave you my opinion.

DeHaviLand
31-Mar-11, 18:21
For once I agree with Kodiak. Hardly likely to have much affect on the life of Caithnesians.

golach
31-Mar-11, 18:26
For once I agree with Kodiak. Hardly likely to have much affect on the life of Caithnesians.

Me too Dehaviland, ditto to your post

orkneycadian
31-Mar-11, 18:56
1. Who is Harper?

My thoughts too, although I was thinking more along the lines of enquiring of Harper in a Roy "Chubby" Brown style!

sandyr1
31-Mar-11, 20:06
OK I took the bait DB....
I like Harper.....Mind you what is there other than him!...Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
And Conrad Black is a British Lord now..He paid his 1 Million Pounds! And is out on bail for a multi million $ Fraud.
Come on you Brits.....We are interested in your Politics...get involved....
In approx 1960/61 John Diefenbaker, the 13th Prime Minister of Canada came to the Latheronwheel area to visit I think his Grannies Grave....A proud day I would say, and the day I think that I decided Canada was for me!
So he was a 'Scot' and a Free Mason....Goodness what else would you want to run a Country!!
Of course he is followed by another famous Scot....Donald Trump!
And many many more..........................and let us not forget Sir John A Macdonald....

Walter Ego
31-Mar-11, 20:39
These people are running around in some province a few thousand miles away. To me, the 'Scots' link is overblown.

On the one hand we have a Canadian trying to bandy about his anti-UK Monarchist stance (from Canada) on a Caithness website and on the other we have the same person expecting us to take the same amount of interest in some Colonial backwater as he has with our European backwater.

You whine about your plastic President (or whatever you call him) and leave us to worry about our own constitutional issues. I won't interfere in your internal politics if you don't interfere in mine.

sandyr1
31-Mar-11, 20:43
These people are running around in some province a few thousand miles away. To me, the 'Scots' link is overblown.

On the one hand we have a Canadian trying to bandy about his anti-UK Monarchist stance (from Canada) on a Caithness website and on the other we have the same person expecting us to take the same amount of interest in some Colonial backwater as he has with our European backwater.

You whine about your plastic President (or whatever you call him) and leave us to worry about our own constitutional issues. I won't interfere in your internal politics if you don't interfere in mine.

How Uncouth! For want of a better phrase.....

In addition could you explain the anti-UK Monarchist stance??? Interesting............

golach
31-Mar-11, 20:56

Got to agree with you here, stay out of our politics and we will not upset yours David & SandyR

sandyr1
31-Mar-11, 21:02
Wow...Wonderful attitude.....

Kinda reminds me of the Auld Mannie who lived on Skye....Every year he would take a trip to Spain, and would take his sheepie we him so that he could get a free crossing to the Mainland....Gets a wee bitty restrictive if you know what I mean..
So you 'Elders of the ORG'...Is caithness.org only for those living in Caithness or the UK...perhaps you should speak to the 'Boss' about that!

Kodiak
31-Mar-11, 21:16
So you 'Elders of the ORG'...Is caithness.org only for those living in Caithness or the UK...perhaps you should speak to the 'Boss' about that!

Just for you sandyr1 here is a quote from the forum rules :-

"Although we are not going to set a rule for what you choose to discuss on the forums, we would prefer that the topics are related to Caithness in some way, or national issues that affect everyone."

I do believe that the subject of getting rid of the PM of Canada is not really related to Caithness in any way and not really of a national issue to us in Caithness.

Walter Ego
31-Mar-11, 21:28
Wow...Wonderful attitude.....

Kinda reminds me of the Auld Mannie who lived on Skye....Every year he would take a trip to Spain, and would take his sheepie we him so that he could get a free crossing to the Mainland....Gets a wee bitty restrictive if you know what I mean..

Not at all, Sandy. I was born well North of Caithness and split my time in betwen being in caithness and further Sooth. So its not some sort of 'closed shop' on here.

My stance arises form Davids opinion that he can live in Canada and still somehow hold a valid opinion of how Scotland should govern itself regarding the Monarchy. He lost that right when he shipped out.

If Canada votes that they no longer wish to have the Queen as their figurehead - then that is a matter for the Canadians - not me...and vice versa.
So to dismiss a large part of the Scots system of governance as some sort of priveledged land-grab and then expect us to take some interest in some far flung corner of America is a bit silly coming from a man who bailed out of this county to what he saw as a better option.......I'll guess nobody forced him to move to Canada;)

It's rather like the Brits who move to Spain and who then whinge about what's happening 'back home' - nothing to do with you any more, pal.

gleeber
31-Mar-11, 21:31
Must admit I never knew who Stephen Harper was until I read this thread. I googled him and he seems like an ordinary family politician who takes a lot of flak.
I dont see any reason why you shouldnt discuss Canadian politics on the org. I'm sure the opinions the Canadians have about their politicians are not much different than the opinions expressed on the org about Wee eck or shady Davie or slippery Nick. :lol:

gleeber
31-Mar-11, 21:37
I think the org should be beyond nationalistic nonsense. The orgs a process and I dont see why anyone who chooses to use the org cant offer an opinion about how we percieve other countries. Its just as valid as a Pakistani immigrants right to call themselves English but support the Pakistani cricket team when they play England.
It

canadagirl
31-Mar-11, 21:54
Hey guys- my two cents worth-
1. I rarely read newspapers, don't watch t.v. and don't listen to radio often so thanks DB for the alert, somebody would've told me eventually...
2.Also, my first thought was what do they have a Harper too? (like some kind of bad dog)
3. I don't think Harper has enough gumption to affect the rest of the world, let alone the north of Scotland so 'wuid ye shut e door on e way oot'

Tristan
01-Apr-11, 22:48
Hey don't forget the Caithness link to Canada's former Prime Minister Trudeau, Margaret Joan Sinclair Trudeau....a very interesting character with links to Caithness.

sids
02-Apr-11, 00:18
Hey don't forget the Caithness link to Canada's former Prime Minister Trudeau, Margaret Joan Sinclair Trudeau....a very interesting character with links to Caithness.

"I wouldn't let my wife hang around a band like the Rolling Stones." -Charlie Watts.

secrets in symmetry
03-Apr-11, 13:30
Hey don't forget the Caithness link to Canada's former Prime Minister Trudeau, Margaret Joan Sinclair Trudeau....a very interesting character with links to Caithness.Do you have any details of her Caithness connection?

orkneycadian
03-Apr-11, 14:07
Maybe she's an orger?

secrets in symmetry
03-Apr-11, 14:56
Lol! Can you suggest which orger she might be?

orkneycadian
03-Apr-11, 15:45
My moneys on her being Chordie. From the Wikipedia article on here here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Trudeau), she seems to be / have been a bit of a handful - Stashing drugs in the presidents luggage, dancing "scantily clad" in a nightclub the day before an election, ripping up tapestries.....

sandyr1
06-Apr-11, 02:12
Just for you sandyr1 here is a quote from the forum rules :-

"Although we are not going to set a rule for what you choose to discuss on the forums, we would prefer that the topics are related to Caithness in some way, or national issues that affect everyone."
I do believe that the subject of getting rid of the PM of Canada is not really related to Caithness in any way and not really of a national issue to us in Caithness.

I just saw this and would like to respond. There are many Threads on the Org that have nothing to do with Caithness. and in which 'you' and others participate. So there are rules for some I see!
There was also the situation Kodiak, when a 'friend' of yours complained and I rec'd a warning for attempting to clarify who a person was, who was making comments that did not represent a 'man of letters', and for the position that man says he holds. When we as Brits, decided in the early 1400's, that..... 'Tis better that 100 guilty men go free, than one innocent man be hanged'............., and that premise destroyed when this person decided, that if a few fell by the wayside that was OK. This person says he holds a responsible position, I think that is utterly wrong...People believe these loose and dangerous comments! Then all reference to it was erased, and when I asked if they were male or female I was accused of 'Threatening'.... This is somewhat nuts.
Walter E and Golach...At no time did I put down Scotland, in fact wherever in the World I go and talk/ lecture, I always tell people where I am from....And in the post I made on this thread wasn't about Harper....I spoke of those 'famous' people that 'our' Country produced and Walter E....you put that down, saying that it is/was overblown. Perhaps for those who live in a Cave, but not for the Leaders of the World.
Who founded Princetown University? And the list goes on....For those of you in ignorance of this....I am sure if you visit Prestwick Airport, on the walls there are pictures and Bios of the great Scotsmen.
We as Scots should be proud of who we are, and what we have done to make this World a better place....
My Anti Monarchist stance....I support the Monarchy.....Are you OK??
And the Masonic Lodge....proudly presents 'The Scottish Rite'........ 4th to 32nd Degree in Ancient Free and Accepted Masonry.
Oh, and I think it was under 'Constitutional Monarchies of the World' that Golach brought up Harper.
If you want to gang up on us 'Outsiders' I guess that is your perogative. I think it is childish, and thought we would receive better from our Peers.
I like having fun on here and reading about exploits/ stories/ history etc., but when people take it upon themselves to be downright ignorant then I don't like it, as you would yourselves resist it.
You can now have the 'floor', and Kodiak you are not Mod Material. You take sides!

Aaldtimer
06-Apr-11, 03:49
I think the point is sandyr1, is that "we" in Caithness have no input in this debate! :confused

Include us out!:(

ducati
06-Apr-11, 09:08
I just saw this and would like to respond. There are many Threads on the Org that have nothing to do with Caithness. and in which 'you' and others participate. So there are rules for some I see!
There was also the situation Kodiak, when a 'friend' of yours complained and I rec'd a warning for attempting to clarify who a person was, who was making comments that did not represent a 'man of letters', and for the position that man says he holds. When we as Brits, decided in the early 1400's, that..... 'Tis better that 100 guilty men go free, than one innocent man be hanged'............., and that premise destroyed when this person decided, that if a few fell by the wayside that was OK. This person says he holds a responsible position, I think that is utterly wrong...People believe these loose and dangerous comments! Then all reference to it was erased, and when I asked if they were male or female I was accused of 'Threatening'.... This is somewhat nuts.
Walter E and Golach...At no time did I put down Scotland, in fact wherever in the World I go and talk/ lecture, I always tell people where I am from....And in the post I made on this thread wasn't about Harper....I spoke of those 'famous' people that 'our' Country produced and Walter E....you put that down, saying that it is/was overblown. Perhaps for those who live in a Cave, but not for the Leaders of the World.
Who founded Princetown University? And the list goes on....For those of you in ignorance of this....I am sure if you visit Prestwick Airport, on the walls there are pictures and Bios of the great Scotsmen.
We as Scots should be proud of who we are, and what we have done to make this World a better place....
My Anti Monarchist stance....I support the Monarchy.....Are you OK??
And the Masonic Lodge....proudly presents 'The Scottish Rite'........ 4th to 32nd Degree in Ancient Free and Accepted Masonry.
Oh, and I think it was under 'Constitutional Monarchies of the World' that Golach brought up Harper.
If you want to gang up on us 'Outsiders' I guess that is your perogative. I think it is childish, and thought we would receive better from our Peers.
I like having fun on here and reading about exploits/ stories/ history etc., but when people take it upon themselves to be downright ignorant then I don't like it, as you would yourselves resist it.
You can now have the 'floor', and Kodiak you are not Mod Material. You take sides!

Off on one......going!