PDA

View Full Version : Urgently needed

dragonfly
03-Sep-06, 20:37
Can anyone please help?

I need to find somewhere to store our caravan as it is likely to be vandalised in the near future [evil] (if you read my now deleted "what would you do? thread you will know why! ) :( anywhere north of inverness would be great!

If you know of anywhere or could help out, please reply, PM me or call me on 07729 325626.

thanks

PS, we are willing to pay rent

Ricco
03-Sep-06, 21:31
There is definitely a market here for anyone who can provide a genuinely secure storage site for caravans anywhere. I here of so many getting vandalised and stolen. Any entrepreneurs out there?

dragonfly
03-Sep-06, 21:48
Ricco, if I had the land I definately would. Was staying in Inverness over the weekend (in the caravan) and was speaking to another family from Caithness who are also looking for somewhere to store their caravan.

There is definately a gap in the market and I'm suprised no farmers haven't jumped in there and opened up one of their agricultural buildings for housing caravans. After all its money for virtually nothing!

sharon
04-Sep-06, 16:06
i was thinking about this last week as we are plaining a new caravan next year but i would like undercover storage!

there must be somewhere as you see all these caravans beside houses in the summer and in the winter they disappear.... but to where? there must be some storage in caithness.
:Razz

dragonfly
04-Sep-06, 18:30
Hi Sharon, I have been speaking to friends of ours who have a farm to see if they could house it for us for the time being, turns out they can't but I have got her seriously thinking about it.

Told her that she wouldn't have much call for outdoor storage but if she could provide undercover storage she could do a roaring trade for at least 6 months of the year if not more.

As an aside, how many would be interested in undercover storage for caravans and what sort of price would you be willing to pay per month?

If I can get some figures for her, I'm sure they will seriously look into it

sharon
04-Sep-06, 19:29
I would be interested, well once I get a new caravan! As we sold our caravan
Found this site may be of interest....
http://www.cassoa.co.uk/Caravan_Storage_Home.aspx

as for cost I am unsure what I would be willing to pay, would depend on the security, looking on the net the sites I have came across are between £100 - £250 from October to march.
i am sure they would be lots of takers for this type of service in caithness. :Razz

cuddlepop
04-Sep-06, 19:35
WE're hoping to get a caravan next year too and would be interested in leaving it up there after the season ends for the winter.Has anyone pm'd Wick Caravan site.

Royster1911
04-Sep-06, 19:42
I would be willing to pay around £25pm

maverick
04-Sep-06, 22:45
i think that you used to be able to store your caravans for the winter in one of the hangars at wick airport (for a small fee) but i don't know if that facility is still available.

dragonfly
05-Sep-06, 08:47
cheers Maverick my hubby will check that out today. We have found a temporary home for our caravan so at least I can sleep easier, and have some breathing space while we try to find indoor storage, without fearing that it will be targeted by these morons![evil]

thanks to everyone for their help and messages of support and please do post here if you are interested in indoor storage or know of it

cheers!:D

dragonfly
05-Sep-06, 12:53
i think that you used to be able to store your caravans for the winter in one of the hangars at wick airport (for a small fee) but i don't know if that facility is still available.

they no longer store caravans, only agricultural machinery so that is struck off the list :(

no-where seems to do it but as you say Sharon, where do the all disappear to in Winter???

Karen
05-Sep-06, 17:20
There is definately a gap in the market and I'm suprised no farmers haven't jumped in there and opened up one of their agricultural buildings for housing caravans. After all its money for virtually nothing![/quote]

Farmers would have to pay business rates and additional insurance if they were to store caravans. Most of their sheds are full of agricultural machinery in the winter too. Good luck with finding somewhere.