PDA

View Full Version : THURSO V WICK QUIZ SPECIAL

acameron
01-Feb-02, 01:02
THE GAUNLET HAS BEEN THROWN DOWN - THERE WILL BE A THURSO v WICK QUIZ SPECIAL - WATCH THIS SPACE FOR DETAILS

THERE IS HOWEVER A REQUIREMENT FOR SOMEONE (NEUTRAL OF COURSE) TO MAKE UP QUESTIONS. ANYONE INTRESTED IN DOING THIS????

gleeber
01-Feb-02, 02:01
Does Week include Pultneytoon? Ive only met wan weeker in my life, the rest are all from pultney. Hows at??

acameron
01-Feb-02, 02:20
OK - THE MIGHTY FORCE OF THE USA HAS BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO BE THE QUIZMASTERS FOR THE QUIZ - HELENW AND SASSYLASS (LOVELY LOVELY LASSIES FORM CALIFORNIA) ARE THE QUIZMASTERS.

ps. They are really great lassies, the best even

htwood
01-Feb-02, 05:27
The quizmistress rules that Pulteneytown is to Wick what Springpark is to Thurso.

Also asking that folks declare their town/team at the beginning of the quiz, so there will be no changing horses in midstream. Not that there would be any, er, cheetin. :eyes

P.S. What are you guys doing sleeping? Hey, get up, its only 4:20 a.m.! Slackers....

sassylass
01-Feb-02, 05:38
On 2002-02-01 01:20, acameron wrote:

OK - THE MIGHTY FORCE OF THE USA HAS BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO BE THE QUIZMASTERS FOR THE QUIZ - HELENW AND SASSYLASS (LOVELY LOVELY LASSIES FORM CALIFORNIA) ARE THE QUIZMASTERS.

I think I've just been buttered up one side and down the other...

Geoff
01-Feb-02, 10:51
Volunteer for quiz questions. At the risk of being forever ridiculed in chat room I have a large collection of quiz questions, including some wacky ones if needed, and all without any swearwords, I promise. How many wanted and how soon ?

sassylass
01-Feb-02, 12:45
WOW...free quiz questions? That's a very generous offer. Do you realize that if you donate q's, you cannot play in that game? Cos that would be CHEATING, and there is NO CHEATING allowed in my quizzes. I emphasize ...NO CHEATING allowed!

love, Sass

DrSzin
01-Feb-02, 12:54
Sassy, what on earth are you doing up at this time of the morning? It must be 3.45am in Ca!

sassylass
01-Feb-02, 12:59
OMG my clock must be broken... :grin:

davie
01-Feb-02, 13:20
Hi peepul, This is a good idea and having no allegiance to either of the communities involved I will accept any offer to compete for the winning team. The wifie in Ca who classes Polteny wi Springpark will get one h*** of a hammering if she shows her big toothy face in Week (me thinks :Razz :Razz ). More night shift beckons so I'm off to me beddie again.

©Amethyst
01-Feb-02, 13:44
From a THS pupil point of view...

There is already too much tention in the divide between Wick and Thurso. It's a shame to split the message board community fold up in the same way!

Ok, shut up, Ms A... :lol:

DrSzin
01-Feb-02, 16:14
On 2002-02-01 11:59, sassylass wrote:

OMG my clock must be broken... :grin:

Well, it must still be broken, because you are still logged on at 7am PST!

Suffering from insomnia?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrSzin on 1-Feb-2002 3:15pm ]</font>

sassylass
01-Feb-02, 16:20
insomnia earlier...on my way to work now

and now I know there is no hiding from the eyes of Szin :lol:

DrSzin
01-Feb-02, 16:26
Well, don't fall asleep at the wheel!

Mr P Cannop
01-Feb-02, 16:27
When will this quiz be on ??

Anonymous
01-Feb-02, 18:05
Dinna worry Ame :grin: there has always been so called tension between Wick & Thurso, but I will admait that weekers are fine people just like us...efter all if it wisna for the "Weekers" we would have nothing tilllaff aboot :eek:

Doolally
01-Feb-02, 21:42
Wick against Thurso!! Dinna make me laugh....everyone already knows that the Wickers will win hands down.

:Razz

OMG....maybe I shouldna have said that!!

htwood
01-Feb-02, 21:50
Doo, your cheerfully neutral quizmistresses will decide who wins and who LOSES. Didn't yer grannie ever tell you not to count yer chickens before they hatch? LOL

A question for the teams: Are there town/team colors? Green for the hope of spring? Yellow for daffs? Grey for sky and stone? Silver for what me and sassy will earn in bribes? oooops...

DATE AND TIME OF THURSO V. WICK QUIZ TO BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS ME AND SASS CAN FIGGER IT OUT.

Anonymous
01-Feb-02, 22:37
On 2002-02-01 04:27, htwood wrote:

The quizmistress rules that Pulteneytown is to Wick what Springpark is to Thurso.

Also asking that folks declare their town/team at the beginning of the quiz, so there will be no changing horses in midstream. Not that there would be any, er, cheetin. :eyes

P.S. What are you guys doing sleeping? Hey, get up, its only 4:20 a.m.! Slackers....

When did Pulteney Town become a burden to Wick? [lol] [lol] [lol]

acameron
02-Feb-02, 16:11
Helen

Although I might be hammered by my Thurso team mates - I am nominating the colour Blue for the Thurso team - There!!!, the weekers can pick ther own colour, can I suggest Yellow [lol] [lol] [lol]

Anonymous
02-Feb-02, 21:17
Wouldn't GREEN be a better colour for you Thurso folkies? Envy and all that! [lol] :lol:

Doolally
02-Feb-02, 22:06
I was thinking maybe white for Thurso so the white-washing they get isn't so noticeable.

Or maybe, wear nothing at all, cos they've got a bare-faced cheek even contemplating winning.

Doolally
02-Feb-02, 22:07
I will of course appologise after should the need arise. :p

squidge
03-Feb-02, 19:50
Is anyone running a book?

With Doolally and me how could Wick lose!!

[lol]

acameron
04-Feb-02, 01:00
THE DATE HAS BEEN SET - 17TH OF FEBRUARY USUAL TIME 8.30PM - THIS WILL GIVE THE WICKERS TIME TO FIND A BOOK - ITS ONLY FAIR THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE- HAS THE WICK TEAM PICKED A COLOUR YET?

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT WW3 MUST NOT BREAK OUT AND ANYONE GOING OVER THE TOP WILL BE DISQUALIFIED (please do not spoil it for others)

ANYONE CAN JOIN IN, BUT THEY MUST PICK A SIDE TO PLAY IN - AND NO CHANGING SIDES HALF WAY THROUGH

THERE WILL BE ONLY 30 OR SO QUESTIONS AND MAY THE BEST THURSO TEAM WIN

ALL THE BEST TO BOTH SIDES

;)

Doolally
04-Feb-02, 21:22
Well I reckon the Wick team should be the Red team. It is said, that red excites our senses and is the colour of sensuality, joy and desire. It evokes exuberance, speed and action.

There....that kinda covers the Wick team nicely.

As for the Thurso (Blue) team thats just a boring old cold colour. I'm sure everyones heard the expression, "Once in a Blue Moon," that'll be the only time Thurso wins.

acameron
04-Feb-02, 21:37
......red excites our senses and is the colour of sensuality, joy and desire. It evokes exuberance, speed and action.

Yes Doolally all the qualifications you need to get on mastermind -

:lol:

Anonymous
05-Feb-02, 07:22
I'm ROFL! [lol] [lol] :lol:

davie
05-Feb-02, 13:34
The dictionary gives blue as a colour and also LIVID & DEPRESSED. I guess that the Thurso team will be both of these by late on 17th Feb. There is still time to back down folks, yer gonna feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. :evil :evil :evil

htwood
05-Feb-02, 18:07
It sounds like Sassy and I will be busier than one-armed paperhangers, trying to keep the fecht under control. :roll:

acameron
06-Feb-02, 11:53
Helen

You know there will be no trouble from me and the Thurso Team, but I would keep an eye on the Wickers. They have a reputation for trouble, especially that Betty (ring leader).

Yours Humbly

Angy (your bestest mate) :o)

davie
06-Feb-02, 18:38
A blatent attempt to curry favour with the ring-mistress!. The community at large is well aware that our Betty is a gentle, well mannered young soul. If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I'd go odds on for one of these coorse Thurso weemin to be "Willie Woodburned" by close of play. [evil] [evil]

acameron
06-Feb-02, 19:36
Me??? :eyes

Curry flavour people

:p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: acameron on 6-Feb-2002 6:37pm ]</font>

Anonymous
06-Feb-02, 20:13
Is it equal numbers in each team then or what? Surely thats the only fair way!

Although I don't suppose it really matters how many you Thurso lot have, your going get your butts whipped whatever! [lol] :lol:

Kenn
07-Feb-02, 00:26
Would have u all stymied with me quessies so AC still want some more..think it will take more than a ringmaster to sort this! prefer banana flavour people mesel

On 2002-02-06 18:36, acameron wrote:

Me??? :eyes

Curry flavour people

:p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: acameron on 6-Feb-2002 6:37pm ]</font>

Anonymous
07-Feb-02, 02:22
Dinna worry about the number playing on the Thurso team.. :grin: but I am sure AC, Highlander, Gleeber & WeeGili will be there to keep them company. And also to stop them from falling asleep waiting for one of the Weekers till answer a question.. :evil

Anonymous
07-Feb-02, 02:31
Good one, WeeGili! :cool: [lol]

davie
07-Feb-02, 08:28
Good Morning WG, ma wee honey. I knew fine you would'nt be able to keep the peace for long. ;)

Kathleen
07-Feb-02, 18:54
I will be there for the quiz. Playing on the Wickers side of course since hubby is a Wicker. Do we get extra points since Feb. 17th is my Birthday????

©Amethyst
07-Feb-02, 20:27
Naw, that ain't fair - I never got extra points for any quiz when it was my birthday! :lol:

Anonymous
07-Feb-02, 20:32
The Tea-ina Bowlers or Cracka Cuppas dinna stand a chance against us superior weekers. [lol] :p

Anonymous
07-Feb-02, 20:34
On 2002-02-07 17:54, Kathleen wrote:

I will be there for the quiz. Playing on the Wickers side of course since hubby is a Wicker. Do we get extra points since Feb. 17th is my Birthday????

Good on ya Kathleen.

Join up we the winners!!! :grin:

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 08:11
On 2002-02-07 19:32, Alan Farquhar wrote:

The Tea-ina Bowlers or Cracka Cuppas dinna stand a chance against us superior weekers. [lol] :p

Lady K's version:

The Tea-ina Bowlers or Cracka Cuppas stand a SUPERIOR chance against the INFERIOR WEAKERS! :Razz

The WEEKERS are the WEAKEST LINK !!! [lol] :lol: :p

davie
08-Feb-02, 09:14
Not many people know this but scientific research has proved beyond doubt that the people of Wick & area (along with residents in the West of the County) are intellectually superior to the residents of Thurso and area. As many of you will know "fish is food for the brain" and a study carried out in 1914 and again in 1965 by the Royal College of Surgeons and the Schools Inspectorate concluded that the aforementioned superiority was directly attributable to the Wick herring fishing boom, when the forefathers of today's populace ate fish aplenty and of course had cash assets to enable them to purchase meat when they so wished. Thurso, on the other hand, existed on a diet of bere meal and potatoes.According to historians of the early 20th century the population of Thurso "were idle in nature, much addicted to strong liquors, and were a coarse and licentious race." In the early years of the 21st century the population of Wick still retains the intellect of their fathers while little change is apparent in Thurso.

The above is an extract from Davies "History of Caithness 2002" shortly to be published by "The John o Groat Journal". For advance copies, marked with a cross by the author, please send £70, or 10 £7 notes if you live in Thurso, to Davie Imanutter, c/o Caithness.org

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 09:21
Was that a Red Herring, perchance, Davie? [smirk]

©Amethyst
08-Feb-02, 14:36
AH! Maybe that's why the Wick side of 't county stinks of fish! Ick! Anyone got a peg for my nose for the next time I go over there :lol: soz... not hehe

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 14:56
I'm ROFL, Ms A! [lol] [lol] :lol:

©Amethyst
08-Feb-02, 16:13
Kay,

I'm funny coz I'm not fae wick :lol:

Soz.. not ~ again

Muahaha!

Ms A

sassylass
08-Feb-02, 16:16
Davie, are you saying that Wickers have generational memory...sort of like BUTTERFLIES??

Will a butterfly be the Wick team mascot?

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 16:20
Ms A, Ah ken ye're no fae Week! Ah ken fa ye're fae, lassagie! :grin:

©Amethyst
08-Feb-02, 16:43
huh?????

Okay, where am ah fae? [smirk]

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 16:51
Ah'm nae geein' yer secret oot oan eh message board, Ms A! [para] Let folk think ye're really fae Planet Zonk! :eek:

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 17:02
On 2002-02-01 04:38, sassylass wrote:

On 2002-02-01 01:20, acameron wrote:

I think I've just been buttered up one side and down the other...

Kinky

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 17:04
On 2002-02-01 20:42, Doolally wrote:

Wick against Thurso!! Dinna make me laugh....everyone already knows that the Wickers will win hands down.

:Razz

OMG....maybe I shouldna have said that!!

What in being stupid?

:lol: :lol:

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 17:07
Can I suggest brown for the Weekers team colours it will cover up all the bullshite.

Roll on 17th.

©Amethyst
08-Feb-02, 20:34
On 2002-02-08 15:51, Lady K wrote:

Ah'm nae geein' yer secret oot oan eh message board, Ms A! [para] Let folk think ye're really fae Planet Zonk! :eek:

It might be best... what they dunnae ken willnae hurt them!

Anonymous
08-Feb-02, 23:10
On 2002-02-08 16:07, devilment wrote:

Can I suggest brown for the Weekers team colours it will cover up all the bullshite.

Roll on 17th.

And yers wil be "Yellow" Devilment for hiding behind a name. [lol] [lol] :p

highlander
09-Feb-02, 00:44
okkkkkkkkkkkkk not that i am one bit worried, but i think we should have team names, as i can hear the bongo drums working fast and hard to call out the weekers to the stand, after all they might cahoot and cheat!

Anonymous
09-Feb-02, 03:35
Highlander !!!!!!

Good on ye!!!!!!

Ye said what all Thurso folk were thinking;)

I just want till go on record...

IF Wick does indeed win it will only be because THURSO felt sorry for them and LET them win :grin:

After all Thurso is the most gracious toon!!

Anonymous
09-Feb-02, 03:48
Davie....

Will ye explain to me How the Heck de ye think eating Fish in 1914 will help the Weekers til win a quiz game in 2002? :p

and for any o ye that thought Davies story is true.. never worry THURSO players...... I have it covered :grin: my mothers father was a fisherman from Lybster and I was born at my Grandparents house there, but returned to Thurso at 1 week old , I can testify that I ate plenty fish(for brain food) but also had the influence of Thurso and their winning ways :grin:

davie
09-Feb-02, 10:42
Ma WeeGili, Sorry I was not up at 2.48am to reply to you sooner. What the crivvens are you doing woman, up at that time ?. The answer to your question is I dinna ken, thats just the way things are. :confused :confused . Anyway, to get back to the point, to every rule there is an exception, and just maybe in the case of Thurso your it !. :eyes :eyes :eyes . I'm taking Maggie up to Thurso for a holiday next week - do you think I should go in disguise in case I get a hammering? (Some of the residents might be taking all this seriously) :lol: :lol: :lol: Y'all have a nice day now. ;) ;) ;) ;) Davie

©Amethyst
09-Feb-02, 17:00
I disguise might be needed.

Then again... dunnae go lookin' too dodgey or ye'll be beaten up for that probably... just stay outta Wick though if ye're plannin' on wearing milk bottle glasses and a stick on moustache! They might no' take it too well either. Mind you the glasses might let them think it was an insult on their geekyness... I think Weekers must be proud of their geekyness - otherwise they'd try no' till act like geeks... :grin:

Geoff
10-Feb-02, 02:16
Have I a claim to fame?

I am looking to Guiness book records for confirmation here but is it a record to be booted ooot the chat room by 3 different mods on 3 seperate visits in 3 days? :confused

Anonymous
10-Feb-02, 02:22
would ya PLEASE just tell him yes so we dinna have to listen till any more of his moaning :grin:

Geoff
10-Feb-02, 02:30
On 2002-02-10 01:22, WeeGili wrote:

would ya PLEASE just tell him yes so we dinna have to listen till any more of his moaning :grin:

he he he

sassylass
13-Feb-02, 21:35
Don't forget the Thurso vs Wick RIVAL QUIZ coming up this Sunday! It promises to be lots of fun.

davie
13-Feb-02, 22:22
Sassy, How could we forget the opperchancity to give these Thurso critturs (The Bloo Team) a richt good thrashing) :evil :evil

sassylass
14-Feb-02, 00:33
uh oh, didn't you hear the sad news? I've been using the cup as a thimble while mending my dainties, and I dropped it down the storm drain while crossing the street, and when I tried to retrieve it from that dark abyss, a delivery van crashed into the 2 cases and knocked them onto the neighbors roof. Not sure if the bottles are broken, but will check as soon as we finish sweeping up the broken glass.

htwood
14-Feb-02, 18:39
Wow Sassy, it almost sounds like you drank the two cases, then threw the empties off the roof, and are now claiming to be home with the "flu". But don't worry, I'll keep it our secret. Gee, hope no one reads this......

davie
14-Feb-02, 19:28
Sassy, I had thought you were a better storyteller than this- :confused .As pointed out by from good friend & collegue HW,it is transparently obvious that you have swallowed the 2 cases of Old Pulteney. This in itself is a heinous crime as it's the coorsest stuff you could find. More to the point is the disposal of the Quiz Trophy which is rightfully the property of the good people of Week. However all is not lost in this respect as my good friend and cousin Willie Mendoza Garcia Cheemag Chon Sitherland IIII, Chief of Police @ SFPD, Hall of Justice, 850 Bryant Street, has asked his officers to check out all pawn & loan shops in the Northern Ca area in an effort to retreive this valuable artefact. I hav already given him a description of the perp in this investigation. Additionally he has agreed to broadcast an appeal for witnesses to the crime on kpfa radio (94.1fm) and KALX Radio (90.7fm) over the next few days.

I hope you know a good lawyer cos your for the hoosegow on this one . [disgust] [disgust] [disgust] :Razz :Razz :Razz

sassylass
14-Feb-02, 19:43
oh dear, please tell the police there is no need to check ma wee sewing basket...

you
14-Feb-02, 23:38
:grin:

Anonymous
15-Feb-02, 22:47
Sassylass

Are ye shoor it wis the sound of Crackin Bottles and know Crackin Cuppas? [lol] [lol]

Cos at's whit ye will be hearin on Sunday when the Tea in a Bowlers are crackin up cos the superior weekers are givin ye a right lashin at the quiz. :lol:

Anonymous
16-Feb-02, 14:35
Do ALL Weekers live in a dream-world like Alan ? :grin:

htwood
17-Feb-02, 06:38
The countdown is on for the Thurso v. Wick quiz, tonight at 8:30. Wear your team colors if you like, Sassy and I will be sporting Blue and Gold for California.

Just a reminder that its all in good FUN. Good-natured ribbing is encouraged, and keep it light.

The winning team will be awarded the esteemed Virtual Cup which will be signed in invisible ink with the Town Name.

May the bestest team win!

Anonymous
17-Feb-02, 18:26
I am just wondering can anyone play in the quiz tonight? :roll:

acameron
17-Feb-02, 20:21
Susan

Anyone can join in - as soon as you enter - either pick red for wick or BLUE FOR THURSO.

Hope you can join in - see you at 8.30

Doolally
17-Feb-02, 22:41
Well done to the both teams for competing in the quiz. Wick for being the victors and Thurso for being sporting whilst coming in second place.

Thanks must also go to HelenW and Sassy for being the hostesses.

Well done to all! :grin:

Anonymous
17-Feb-02, 22:50
Unfortunately, my screen froze not long after the quiz began! :cry: Just think! The course of history could have been changed, had I been able to get back in! Perhaps I could have helped Thirsa defeat Week! [lol]

Partan
17-Feb-02, 23:14
Dream on Kay - another fantasy!!!

sassylass
17-Feb-02, 23:16
Congratulations to both teams for playing their best and having a FUN game. Let's have the next quiz be Male vs Female and see who goes home with their tails drooping.

Anonymous
17-Feb-02, 23:22
Yes, that's a great idea, Sassy! :grin:

Anonymous
17-Feb-02, 23:25
On 2002-02-17 22:14, Partan wrote:

Dream on Kay - another fantasy!!!

Long time no see, Partan! Now you can go back in your shell after that comment! [lol] :lol:

MadPict
17-Feb-02, 23:25
http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/edoom/mixed.gif

©Amethyst
17-Feb-02, 23:26
Ye Wickers do realise that we just felt sorry for you lot, don't you?

Anyway, I don't mind yes lot winning, the thing is... I was just too busy having fun :)

acameron
17-Feb-02, 23:32
Boys against Girls Quiz - Who is going to be the neutral Quizmaster :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: acameron on 17-Feb-2002 11:43pm ]</font>

Anonymous
18-Feb-02, 00:13
Hmmm!....Veeery good question, AC! :confused

Anonymous
18-Feb-02, 00:58
On 2002-02-16 13:35, WeeGili wrote:

Do ALL Weekers live in a dream-world like Alan ? :grin:

Ye were sayin Weegili? [lol]

Anonymous
18-Feb-02, 01:04
Weel done to Helen & Sassylass for doing a great job at the quiz e nite under difficult circumstances ie. problems with connections etc. So once again well done to you both!!

Championeeeeeessss,Championeeeeeeeeeeeessss.

Where's our Gili gone, Where's our gili gone. Talk o leavin a sinkin ship!!

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Anonymous
18-Feb-02, 02:14
On 2002-02-18 00:04, Alan Farquhar wrote:

Weel done to Helen & Sassylass for doing a great job at the quiz e nite under difficult circumstances ie. problems with connections etc. So once again well done to you both!!

Championeeeeeessss,Championeeeeeeeeeeeessss.

Where's our Gili gone, Where's our gili gone. Talk o leavin a sinkin ship!!

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Helen & Sassy thanx for a great quiz....pity about folk loosing their connections but after all this site does come from Wick doesn't it? :confused

Weel Done all ye Wickers ...I hope ye'll be very happy till the next time :o) ;)

and I am thrilled that so many of ye turned oot ( efter all ye needed more on yer side till win :p

Just Joking :lol: Congrats to Wick