PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, Have you been spring cleaning your wardrobe?

Burnside
31-Mar-11, 08:20
I do hope you have because it is Swishing night in the Weigh Inn tonight at 7.30pm. Bring along those clothes that have been lurking at the back of your wardrobe because it doesn't fit or you keep putting it on and thinking nah! and see what other people have lurking in the back of theirs.

Admission is £5 at the door and their will be tables from Kiln Store, Eye Candy, Far North Soaps, Handknitting, Phoneix Cards and others.

All monies raised are for Playden Nursery. So you are helping make money for good cause and getting a new outfit for £5. That can't be bad!!

Hope to see you there and remember bring your friends.

donnick
31-Mar-11, 11:30
yes i have been spring cleaning ma wardrobe but gave it all to charity

Burnside
31-Mar-11, 13:01
Well at least it has gone to a worthy home.

pads1
31-Mar-11, 14:23
I am coming but very interested as to how its going to work, do I take more than one item and how do you swap? etc

Dadie
31-Mar-11, 14:26
Im not sure how it works.
Im hoping I have hubby home and the kids in bed so I can go!
Looking at the stuff in the wardrobe that doesnt get worn is scary...

Tatbabe
31-Mar-11, 18:46
would have liked to come but too short notice ...

Dadie
31-Mar-11, 21:46
Just back!
This is how it works so you know for next time...
Pay the £5 or whatever the entrance fee is...
You put your items on the rails in their sizes (doesnt matter how many items you take). The rails were marked with the sizes on..
You then get some time to browse...
Then when they say the swishing is open you grab what you want...as much as you want (within reason) try it on if wished and take the stuff home

George Brims
31-Mar-11, 22:29
I read a "Life Hacks" list recently. It had some useful tips, one of which relates to this thread. Once a year, take out every item in your wardrobe and hang it back in there but with the hook on the hanger reversed. When you use a piece of clothing, put it back the normal way. Next year when you come to do it again, take out and get rid of all the ones that are still reversed since last time.

Dadie
31-Mar-11, 23:25
that doesnt work in my wardrobe...items used are chucked on shelves...dig far enough at the back and there you will find the items not worn...check sizing..then check whether normal or maternity clothing(been wearing mat clothing for 5 years or so) then decide to keep or discard!

And I have a long white dress only worn once in my wardrobe I wont be parted with either!

Burnside
01-Apr-11, 06:03
Thanks very much to everyone who came to the Swishing night. It was really well attended and I would like to say that we raised £370 (there may be a slight increase on that figure) for Playden Nursery. Also I got 2 really nice dresses from it. Not many places you will get 2 dresses (oh and a bag and 2 tops) for £5.