PDA

View Full Version : To bee or not to bee

shazzap
31-Mar-11, 00:17
Thought i would share this amusing scenario with you.
I was sat on the bed, sorting all my husbands tablets for him, before he went back to sea.
he was sat opposite me when, something sort of plopped onto the floor.
We both looked down, and said, OMG. Not really, it was much stronger language.

It was a Bee the size of a Walnut, stumbling about, dazed. I said to him get it, he said no you. Again he did not use those precise words. It ended up with me, having to put a plastic beaker, over said Bee. Then sliding a book cover, under the beaker, trapping the Bee. Mean while, husband bolts out of the door, holding it nearly shut, with just his head peering round the door. To watch me struggling,bending over, as i can't bend my leg. I managed to keep the Bee contained, and throw it out of the window. I must say at this point, that he did open the window for me, before making his hasty retreat. After laughing with relief, and calling him all sorts. He had the nerve to tell me, it was my fault any way. As i would have probably brought it in with me, whilst out on my visit to the doctor. MEN!!!

Aaldtimer
31-Mar-11, 02:45
Please, please Shazz do no harm to any bee you may come across. As a species they are in desperate danger, and we need them to pollinate out crops. Remember a bee dies if it stings someone, so it's really a last resort for them, they won't harm you if you don't threaten them!:confused

Dadie
31-Mar-11, 08:51
I can do bees, wasps, daddielonglegs and bluebottles without fuss but as for spiders and slaters and forkietails :eek:
Im the one out the room...or if its a really big one nearly out the house!

shazzap
31-Mar-11, 08:56
Please, please Shazz do no harm to any bee you may come across. As a species they are in desperate danger, and we need them to pollinate out crops. Remember a bee dies if it stings someone, so it's really a last resort for them, they won't harm you if you don't threaten them!:confused

I would never do that unless it was really necessary, Aaldtimer.

I can do bees, wasps, daddielonglegs and bluebottles without fuss but as for spiders and slaters and forkietails :eek:
Im the one out the room...or if its a really big one nearly out the house!

Dadie, i am the same as you regarding the above. The Bee in question, just startled me. As it was so unexpected, in the bedroom, at this time of year.