PDA

View Full Version : Newsbot

Saveman
03-Sep-06, 19:36
Is "Newsbot" allowed to flood the General section of the forum?

Billy Boy
03-Sep-06, 19:39
it's a bit much lol:mad:

sam
03-Sep-06, 19:41
maybe we should rename it .newsbot instead of .org;)

sam
03-Sep-06, 19:45
i'm confussed how did he manage to post 10 threads all at the same time when you have to wait 2 mins between posts???:confused:

Venture
03-Sep-06, 19:49
I wondered that too. Maybe its Bill Fernie or another one of the back room boys.

Moira
03-Sep-06, 19:52
Newsbot was a separate forum with links to the Org front pages. Maybe something has gone wrong and all the links are being fed to the general forum instead. I'm sure Colin/Niall will sort it out shortly

cuddlepop
07-Sep-06, 20:38
Would someone tell us why newsbot is on the general forum and not on a separate site.:confused

canuck
07-Sep-06, 21:16
Here is Niall's response to a similar question which I posed a few days ago:

Yes, the articles are being posted in an attempt to provide some more topics for discussion. If no one is interested, they'll quickly fall from view as other threads come up.

cuddlepop
07-Sep-06, 21:19
Thank you.
It gives the impression that we need help to constuct intelectual threads or have i got Niall all wrong[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Sep-06, 21:26
Newsbot I like yer threads,not so sure of yer posts though:lol: :lol:

Niall Fernie
07-Sep-06, 21:28
I've just deleted the newsbot access until I work out why we're getting multiple threads.

Newsbot is a part of the forum and not a normal user account hence the ability to post multiple times in a short period.

pultneytooner
07-Sep-06, 21:29
Newsbot I like yer threads,not so sure of yer posts though:lol:
Hhehehe, wur posts are minging, newsbot to the rescue......[lol]

Niall Fernie
07-Sep-06, 21:32
The purpose of newsbot is to bring to the forum the "news" items for other parts of the site. I have a feeling that part of the problem is that I've just spent the best part of today rebuilding the way that some of the newsfeeds are generated and this might mean that its taken the same stories as "new" ones. I'll set up the separate forum that I had before and do some more testing before I reintroduce it to the general forum.