PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty

veekay
30-Mar-11, 15:02
Is there any point in remaining loyal to a company any more? My insurance company has just quoted me nearly £450 for my renewal. A quick search online and I have found better cover for just £190. I gave my old company the chance to match it but nowhere near so hello new company. Next year I will be doing the same thing again no more loyal customer here

Gronnuck
30-Mar-11, 15:10
I always shop around on line then draw up a short list. I'll phone each of the companies to see if I can get a deal. When I started doing this years ago I was surprised at how much I saved. Over these years I've learnt that loyalty in the business community costs money. These days I'll shop around and even haggle to get a discount.

NickInTheNorth
30-Mar-11, 15:14
There has been no benefit in being loyal to a financial services company for at least 10 years, they are not interested in you at all. They know that the chances are you will stick with them no matter what so you get totally shafted by them in the main.

Shap around everytime and if asked for a "best quote" don't be shy, and also cut 10% off your best quote, they'll often matchit :)

pmcd
30-Mar-11, 15:42
Loyalty has to work in both directions. It can only be earned and deserved. How could I possibly be loyal to a company which will cheerfully cheat, profiteer or under-perform in order to enhance its profits?

Loyalty is a bond-word, as well as being a word-bond. It belongs to humans in relationships, not in ugly behemoths of corporations attempting to suck their clientele dry.

Loyalty is alien corn to the little SH One Ts of bean counters who have screwed banks and businesses throughout the land. They deserve what waits in store - dull, grasping, scraping little lives, living in gilded prisons with dozens of windows they never have time to look out of. Honoured for their business acumen ("Sir" Fred Goodwin comes to mind), but always afraid that one of their former customers will turn up one day with the ultimate P45.

Little, little people. What do they know, or care, about loyalty?

And how very DARE they demand it from us?

oldchemist
30-Mar-11, 16:54
All the insurance companies are interested in is making profit, they usually offer a "new customer" discount for the first year so it is worth changing each year. Like the banks with their crap interest rates they depend on us being too apathetic to switch.