PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to the BBC?!

The Music Monster
29-Mar-11, 23:22
Why can't I access the BBC pages on my computer? Is it just me being really dumb:roll:?! Is anyone else having this problem?!

pmcd
29-Mar-11, 23:25
Me too. Seems to be out for a bit.

Kodiak
29-Mar-11, 23:48
I am having no problem in accessing any BBC Web Page. I have no idea why you tow are having problems.

pmcd
29-Mar-11, 23:58
Tried again 2358. All OK again!

canadagirl
29-Mar-11, 23:58
It was out for a bit- really

Bazeye
30-Mar-11, 01:23
Why can't I access the BBC pages on my computer? Is it just me being really dumb:roll:?! Is anyone else having this problem?!

Have you paid your licence fee?

The Music Monster
30-Mar-11, 09:21
Haha! Yes, well I think so! BBC News is our home page so I was starting to worry that the whole internet was dying again - we've only just got it fixed!!!

Metalattakk
30-Mar-11, 10:16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2011/03/technical_problems_3.html

bekisman
30-Mar-11, 11:39
Thanks Metalattakk for the explanation "It's not often we get a message from the BBC's technical support teams saying, "Total outage of all BBC websites". But for getting on for an hour this evening, until just before midnight, that's what happened. We haven't yet had a full technical debrief, but it's clear it was a major network problem. We'd like to apologise to everyone who couldn't get onto the BBC News website during that time. "
It's usually the last thing I do before kip time - making sure the world is all safe and sound.. Had to check on Sky.com before I could relax!