PDA

View Full Version : royal mail redelivery note.

Dadie
29-Mar-11, 15:50
Just noticed the wee red card that gets popped through the letterbox has no phone number to contact them on unless you are deaf or hard of hearing and have access to a text phone.
So if I want the letter redelivered I would have to do it online....not much hassle for us, but, there must be people without computers still.....
Or I could traipse through to Wick and get it instead....just why cant they leave the items in the local post office ....or is it just to sting you for £1.50 for the convenience of getting it from the most sensible place?

Kodiak
29-Mar-11, 16:13
Royal Mail can only deliver to the address on letter or Packet/Parcel. Since that Royal Mail and the Post Office are two diferent companies they can not mail at a Post Office.

The Telephone Number for the Royal Delivery Office in Wick is :- 01955 602 397

Dadie
29-Mar-11, 16:26
I know the phone no...and I have done the redelivery by filling in the online form..
But why have they stopped putting the phone number on the cards?
Cant be easy for people without internet access to get their parcels.

Kodiak
29-Mar-11, 16:46
The cards do not have a phone number on as they are a generic card and will do for all Royal Mail areas. There is a space on the card for the Postie to add the phone number but sometimes they forget to do this.

orkneycadian
29-Mar-11, 17:38
I know the phone no...and I have done the redelivery by filling in the online form..
But why have they stopped putting the phone number on the cards?
Cant be easy for people without internet access to get their parcels.

Maybe they could use that big clump of paper that gets delivered every year or 2, the phone book, to look up the number and call them?

sweetpea
29-Mar-11, 19:32
I've occassionally had the local office details with phone number stamped on the card but not all of them.

theone
29-Mar-11, 19:44
As stated before the royal mail and the post office are separate companies. That's why you must pick up the parcel from your local royal mail sorting office.

I may be wrong, but I thought you could post the red card back to request redelivery?