PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish Leaders Debate

Shabbychic
29-Mar-11, 14:08
Just a reminder that the first Scottish leader debate of 2011, will be on STV at 9pm tonight. Should be interesting.

The latest poll has Labour and SNP neck and neck.

Corrie 3
29-Mar-11, 18:07
Aren't the LibDems and Tory's standing as one Party........Like they do down South?...;)

I want them both to come joint bottom in the ratings, the sight of Danny Alexander in Westminster has put me off the LibDems for life.......(sickbag smiley)

Looks like SNP for me then....:roll:

C3....;)

Shabbychic
30-Mar-11, 00:15
Aren't the LibDems and Tory's standing as one Party........Like they do down South?...;)

Yes they are. He is called Robbie Rowantree....ex-Tory now Lib Dem. A ConDem all rolled into one.

Commore
30-Mar-11, 09:40
Just a reminder that the first Scottish leader debate of 2011, will be on STV at 9pm tonight. Should be interesting.

The latest poll has Labour and SNP neck and neck.

What did you think of last evening's debate?
I thought, Iain Gray came across as being a complete nincompoop, either unable or unwilling to show any sort of intelligence with regard to any question put to him.
I know who I am voting for, debate or no debate, however, I am interested in the opinions of others too.
:)

Shabbychic
30-Mar-11, 11:54
I felt the whole thing was too contrived. I would also have preferred a format similar to Question Time, where a question is asked, then answered and discussed, before moving on.

As to the leaders; Wee Eck and Auntie Bella, came out better than the other two. Scott didn't really do much, and Elmer Fudd was definitely a dud. At one point the audience even laughed at him.

I didn't really learn much I didn't already know. The questions allowed were pretty basic, however, some of the audience questions, that were ignored, would have made better debates.

The biggest laugh is the Daily Record's take on it. "Gray put in a calm and confident performance". :eek:

Commore
30-Mar-11, 12:32
I felt the whole thing was too contrived. I would also have preferred a format similar to Question Time, where a question is asked, then answered and discussed, before moving on.

As to the leaders; Wee Eck and Auntie Bella, came out better than the other two. Scott didn't really do much, and Elmer Fudd was definitely a dud. At one point the audience even laughed at him.

I didn't really learn much I didn't already know. The questions allowed were pretty basic, however, some of the audience questions, that were ignored, would have made better debates.

The biggest laugh is the Daily Record's take on it. "Gray put in a calm and confident performance". :eek:

I am smiling.
I think your comments are spot on.

jaykay
31-Mar-11, 10:40
I am smiling.
I think your comments are spot on.

I am also having a good chuckle.
I don't think anyone could have summed up the debate any better.

Corrie 3
31-Mar-11, 11:57
Yes they are. He is called Robbie Rowantree....ex-Tory now Lib Dem. A ConDem all rolled into one.
Is he related to Laurel Bush by any chance????.........

More like a ConDom I reckon, sorry Robbie, you wont be getting my vote and you can blame Clegg and Alexander for that!!!

C3......:roll:;)

orkneycadian
31-Mar-11, 13:22
'Fraid I had some wet gloss to watch drying that evening, and more interesting it was too! [lol]

gleeber
31-Mar-11, 21:55
Alex Salmond's a good politician. He stands up for Scotland probably more than the other party leaders who have affiliations with British political parties. I'm not a nationalist but Salmond was the best by miles.