PDA

View Full Version : Mango

shazzap
27-Mar-11, 21:44
I was eating a Mango, and after I'd finished, let my dog lick the stone. Now every time i get a Mango, he waits patiently, for me to finish it. He seems to love the taste. I am thinking of giving him some slices off the next one. I have looked on line, and can't find anything to say that Mango is poisonous to dogs. Does any one know if it is definitely OK to give him Mango. He loves it, but i don't want to harm him.

Tilly Teckel
28-Mar-11, 01:02
Have you read Marley & Me (or seen the film)? Marley the dog ate mangoes and all it gave him was orange poop, soooo I guess it's your call! They'd brighten up the lawn, hey?! :)

shazzap
28-Mar-11, 10:51
Have you read Marley & Me (or seen the film)? Marley the dog ate mangoes and all it gave him was orange poop, soooo I guess it's your call! They'd brighten up the lawn, hey?! :)

Ha ha TT..........:)

_Ju_
28-Mar-11, 13:19
Unless your dog has an allergic reaction (they usually ocurr when you come in contact with the tree sap or skin of the mango, if you or dog are allergic) the mango won't harm him. Be careful with pips though, they might give him a blockage if he takes to eating them.

shazzap
28-Mar-11, 13:35
Unless your dog has an allergic reaction (they usually ocurr when you come in contact with the tree sap or skin of the mango, if you or dog are allergic) the mango won't harm him. Be careful with pips though, they might give him a blockage if he takes to eating them.

I always hold the Mango for him.