PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations

plumber
27-Mar-11, 11:35
Not been on for a while, can someone tell me what has happened to the recomendation section. thanks

orkneycadian
27-Mar-11, 11:37
Yay! 6 new threads! 10, here we come!

Spongeboab
27-Mar-11, 11:40
Not been on for a while, can someone tell me what has happened to the recomendation section. thanks

surely a wind up

orkneycadian
27-Mar-11, 11:41
My moneys on the 10th new thread appearing a week on Wednesday! ;)

plumber
27-Mar-11, 11:43
Why a wind up, I am just interested to find out where it has gone, as I haven't been on for a while.

Alice in Blunderland
27-Mar-11, 11:44
Oh a little moan between a few on the org. :D

Heres your answer

http://forum.caithness.org/announcement.php?f=11

plumber
27-Mar-11, 11:50
Thank you Alice, know I remember why I dont bother looking at the Org very much. there are a lot of nasty people on here. Thanks again for your help.xx

david
27-Mar-11, 18:24
My moneys on the 10th new thread appearing a week on Wednesday! ;)

Maybe if the mods removed the Recomendation section from the menu then this would give a pretty good indication that the org does not have one any more. Just a thought.

orkneycadian
27-Mar-11, 18:26
That, and the big banner across the top saying "Announcement - Recommendations"!

Spongeboab
27-Mar-11, 19:26
Why a wind up, I am just interested to find out where it has gone, as I haven't been on for a while.

sorry plumber, no offence meant, i genuinely thought you were having a laugh to wind up orkneycadian.

Kevin Milkins
27-Mar-11, 20:00
It's a shame this section needed to be removed because it does have many positive features.

I went for Sunday lunch today at the Noresman based on the fact they have been recomended on here, we were not disapointed.

orkneycadian
01-Aug-11, 23:01
I thought the recommendation section came back - Has it disappeared again? Nearly all the postings in General tonight seem to be "Can anyone recommend a ....."

Bobinovich
02-Aug-11, 01:08
LOL it is back, but 'cos folk now have to wait for Mod/Admin approval of any new post in that section they're taking it to General to circumvent it and, hopefully, get a prompt reply to their recommendation request. Same as those users who post threads on certain topics, despite there being numerous topic-specific sections on the Org, simply because General gets most views and therefore there's more chance of their thread being read and replied to.

Torvaig
02-Aug-11, 09:22
I thought the recommendation section came back - Has it disappeared again? Nearly all the postings in General tonight seem to be "Can anyone recommend a ....."

And if folks would take a look through the "Business" section for trades etc., it would go a long way to reducing traffic on the general board. But then again, maybe they are relying on a reply based on experience and not on kindly orgers looking up the business section themselves and then passing it on......