PDA

View Full Version : Rumbling/Grinding From My Car

tori
26-Mar-11, 18:48
Hey Does Any One No What Can Cause A Rumbling/Grinding Noise From My Car When I Accelerate Hard From 1st Gear I Thought It Was My Exhaust Rattling At First But I Checked Over It And It Seems Fine The Sound Is More Cumin From The Engine By The Sound Of It Any Idea What It Could Be Thanks

nicnak
26-Mar-11, 19:10
sounds like a drive shaft starting to go, cos they sound worse as they are under pressure from first gear to second, either that or your gear box has low or no oil in it and is on its way out. hope this helps.

EDDIE
26-Mar-11, 19:31
Check the pullys on the fanbelt make sure the pully isnt turning on the shaft of were its supposed to be fixed?

canadagirl
26-Mar-11, 21:51
Belt tensioner (as above), throwout bearing (clutch release bearing), water pump bearing, cv joints, wheel bearing(s). Take your pick. I'd go with a higher grade fuel first. That is if all the internal parts are still internal at this point. You did check the oil, right? :confused

orkneycadian
26-Mar-11, 22:08
It'll be good going for it to be the clutch release bearing whilst accelerating! ;)

Walter Ego
26-Mar-11, 22:34
Hey Does Any One No What Can Cause A Rumbling/Grinding Noise From My Car When I Accelerate Hard From 1st Gear I Thought It Was My Exhaust Rattling At First But I Checked Over It And It Seems Fine The Sound Is More Cumin From The Engine By The Sound Of It Any Idea What It Could Be Thanks

I'd say its a problem with your car.

A garage would be able to tell you what the problem is rather than diagnosis by online amateurs.

annemarie482
26-Mar-11, 22:47

A garage would be able to tell you what the problem is rather than diagnosis by online amateurs.

lol was thinking the same myself!!!
you wont know unless a mechanic takes a look at it.
fingers crossed its nothing expensive!!

ducati
26-Mar-11, 22:48
I'll have a stab-it's broken.

lesley_mac
27-Mar-11, 00:26
hi i would go with nicnaks option as it sounds like a drive shaft IF U FIND THE PROB WOULD U PUT IT BACK ON THE ORG AND TELL ALL THE ONES WITH LOADS OF MONEY THAT RUN TO THE FIRST GARAGE AND GET STUNG JUS FOR FINDING THE PROB CHEERS

telfordstar
27-Mar-11, 01:01

they could be mechanics replying though

telfordstar
27-Mar-11, 01:02
lol was thinking the same myself!!!
you wont know unless a mechanic takes a look at it.
fingers crossed its nothing expensive!!

they could be mechanics replying.

annemarie482
27-Mar-11, 08:52
i know telfordstar but it's hardly a very technical description,
like diagnosing over the phone without seeing lol

Walter Ego
27-Mar-11, 09:03
I hear a gurning noise on this thread....could anyone tell me what it is?[lol]

There's plenty of opinions up above on this thread...how much of the car will the OP have to strip out unecessarily if they listen to all the 'mechanics' who have replied so far?:roll:

Tori - rather than listenening to well-intentioned but potentially way off comments on here, do the most sensible thing you can do online.

Hit a search for a enthusists forum for people who have your make of car, there'll be something on a marque forum to help you or even people with direct experience of working on your model of car.

HTH;)

Corrie 3
27-Mar-11, 09:31
Main Bearings!!!!

C3....:eek:

EDDIE
27-Mar-11, 10:24
I hear a gurning noise on this thread....could anyone tell me what it is?[lol]

There's plenty of opinions up above on this thread...how much of the car will the OP have to strip out unecessarily if they listen to all the 'mechanics' who have replied so far?:roll:

Tori - rather than listenening to well-intentioned but potentially way off comments on here, do the most sensible thing you can do online.

Hit a search for a enthusists forum for people who have your make of car, there'll be something on a marque forum to help you or even people with direct experience of working on your model of car.

HTH;)

And how will that benifit toro walter if tori doesnt no anything about the mechanics of cars you would be just well explaining everthing in chinese.
Tori has to take the car to garage to get it diagnosed

Tugmistress
27-Mar-11, 10:41
If you like call up and see michael at viking motors with the car, he will have a quick look and we wont charge for that :) shouldn't take too long to work out what is wrong.

billmoseley
27-Mar-11, 11:42
i have found a quick easy way to fix strange noises coming from your car is to wear ear plugs and turn up the tunes on the radio . problem fixed lolololo

nicnak
27-Mar-11, 19:12
Just for your info Walter Ego my hubby is a mechanic! So at at guess without looking at it he is talking more from experience !

Walter Ego
27-Mar-11, 21:12
But the point I'm making is that the person posting has absolutely no idea of the capabilities of the person posting 'advice'.

So far we have had fuel, pulleys (various), water pumps, wheel bearings, Cv's, drive shafts or gearboxes.........is it just me that's seeing a bit of a problem here?:confused
Nobody has even asked the OP what model of car it is yet!!!!

I'm not knocking the OP and I'm not knocking peoples desire to help out - but let's just think about this for a minute, shall we?

Or is it just me?

Yes, probably just me.

Goodbye.

orkneycadian
27-Mar-11, 21:39
On the plus side Walter, I think we have managed to rule out the clutch release bearing, or a cat stuck in the inlet manifold!

Dog-eared
27-Mar-11, 22:18
Try the owner's club forum as suggested.
I reckon the powerband is worn, or the adjusting screws on the hydraulic tappets.

upolian
28-Mar-11, 13:41
Flux capacitor