PDA

View Full Version : student flats in edinburgh

Dizzymilly
26-Mar-11, 10:35
I am looking for a student flat for rent in Edinburgh for 3 to 4 students to share from september this year in a good area .

Hoping someone out there with personal knowledge of staying in Edinburgh can advise me or even know of any flats going to be available in september .

Please PM me

Thumper
26-Mar-11, 10:44
My son stays in Edinburgh in a student flat,he got it through some solicitor that does that sort of thing,will ask him for details and post it here for you asap x

Hoida
26-Mar-11, 11:19
Our son rents aflat in Edinburgh, he is at uni there.We searched various places but eventually found this one on'gumtree' Our son is in a one bedroom flat and pays £350 a month.Not a great area but handy for transport shops etc and he is happy.

Thumper
26-Mar-11, 12:26
here you go- http://www.cullenproperty.com/ good luck x

Kestrel
26-Mar-11, 18:02
Many flats can be found on Gumtree or through word of mouth which will be a lot less time, money and hassle than going through a faceless agency who generally don't really care what's going on or help you out in a hurry if anything goes wrong in the flat.

My brother and his 2 friends have rented a 3 bedroom property in Marchmont area through a private landlord and his family. It's a great arrangement, the landlord is friendly, caring and very attentive should anything go wrong or need fixed, as it is a property of the family so they take pride in keeping it well maintained.

I stayed in the flat for 6 weeks last summer whilst working in the city and found Marchmont a brilliant area, quiet yet central, studenty yet not too much, right next to all the shops, meadows (great for sunny days) and transport links, although city centre is only a ten minute walk.

Hopefully I am to move to Edin this summer and personally as a newly graduated young professional wouldn't live anywhere else apart from Marchmont and surrounding areas.