PDA

View Full Version : God help us!!!

Corrie 3
26-Mar-11, 09:38
Nick Clegg is supposed to be the Deputy Prime Minister, yet he obviously doesnt know what his Chancellor is doing with Pensioners Winter Fuel Payments.
And just to clarify, the payment WILL drop this year from £250 to £200......Obviously, the Big Boys at the top arent talking to one another.....God help us for the future!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-12865134

C3......:roll::mad:

orkneycadian
26-Mar-11, 11:24
God help us for the future!!

C3......:roll::mad:

Sure you didn't mean to say "Allah help us for the future?" ;)

ducati
26-Mar-11, 12:30
Well, at least now have got rid of the looneys there is some money for the payments

Corrie 3
26-Mar-11, 12:41
I just find it amazing that the day after the budget when (very quietly) Osbourne reduced the winter fuel payment that Clegg who is the deputy Prime Minister was telling people not to believe what they read in the paper and said it was Balls who was scaremongering ....Absolutely amazing and very worrying!!!!
I wonder what John Thurso makes of this reduction when he knows more than most how cold it gets up here in the winter?......Or perhaps he just doesnt care!!!

C3......:roll::(

Commore
26-Mar-11, 13:19
I just find it amazing that the day after the budget when (very quietly) Osbourne reduced the winter fuel payment that Clegg who is the deputy Prime Minister was telling people not to believe what they read in the paper and said it was Balls who was scaremongering ....Absolutely amazing and very worrying!!!!
I wonder what John Thurso makes of this reduction when he knows more than most how cold it gets up here in the winter?......Or perhaps he just doesnt care!!!

C3......:roll::(

Fear not, I cannot see the coilition lasting that long, Mr. Thurso perhaps, like his good buddy in the south, is just riding the storm like the rest of us, I hope.

bekisman
26-Mar-11, 13:41
It was in the LibDem manifesto: 'Reforming Winter Fuel Payments to extend them to all severely disabled people, paid for by delaying age-related Winter Fuel Payments until people reach 65.'