PDA

View Full Version : Three or T-Mobile?

Geo
25-Mar-11, 17:49
I'm about to get a new phone and wondered which of the above networks would be best for using with an Android smartphone in Caithness? T-Mobile have teamed up with Orange for network coverage and I read Three have teamed up with T-Mobile for 3G!

Deal wise these two are the best so looking for people with experience of them with smartphones and data use.

Metalattakk
25-Mar-11, 18:06
I'm on 3G with Three, snd I get about 1mbps down and 400kbps up at any given time. Best I've had is 1800kbps down. Their coverage isn't as good as O2 or Vodafone, but none of them offer 3G up here. It depends where you are of course. For instance, I get pretty good coverage all over Thurso, except when I'm in the Comm where the signal dies on its arse completely. Some might call that a bonus. ;)

My brother has just come up the A9 and Three coverage has been excellent all the way up the road, he says. He was getting over 2mbps down and 1.5Mbps up when he was doon sooth.

My advice would be to get one of Three's £20 dongles and try it out with a laptop at home/work or wherever you're needing a phone. Or get a hold of a mate who has 3G on Three.

Then if the coverage is adequate to your needs you can splurge for a mobile contract safe in the knowledge that it'll work where you neeed it to.

david
25-Mar-11, 18:08
I had dealings with 3 customer services a few weeks ago. This was about a direct debit they had been taking from my bank account for the past few years after renewing my contract with them. Instead of cancelling the old contract they gave me another so for around 5 years I had been paying them for 2 contracts but only using the one phone. I am ashamed to admit that I only noticed this from my bank statements recently. Anyway after spending hours on the phone to their call centre in Mumbai, a quick call to their Executive Office in Glasgow and Bingo! Cheque for a full refund of £803.99 arrived in the post today!!

Geo
25-Mar-11, 18:10
Sweet, so you're getting the drinks in! :)

david
25-Mar-11, 18:15
Sweet, so you're getting the drinks in! :)

Well hey its Friday!