PDA

View Full Version : Want to promote locally made goods?

Burnside
25-Mar-11, 09:22
Hello

This is going to be my first season hiring out static caravans on the Thurso Bay Caravan and Camping Park and I am calling it Thurso Bay Holidays.
I am trying to promote Caithness & Sutherland as much as I can to the guests that stay in the caravans to show that there is plenty to do and see here and that they do not necessarily need to head over to Orkney, and that it is worthwhile coming back again.
I will be having a folder in each caravan with details of things to do and see. If you have a business/activity that you would like me to include in this then please get in touch.
Also I am going to include biscuits from a local bakery and a locally produced goats milk soap in a welcome pack for my guests. So if you think you have something that could be included in a welcome pack then I would be most interested to hear from you.
Lets try and sell our beautiful county!!
You can either reply via this post or send me a pm and I will get back to you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Torvaig
25-Mar-11, 12:44
Congratulations on your enthusiasm; you have a pm.

Commore
25-Mar-11, 19:34
Hello

This is going to be my first season hiring out static caravans on the Thurso Bay Caravan and Camping Park and I am calling it Thurso Bay Holidays.
I am trying to promote Caithness & Sutherland as much as I can to the guests that stay in the caravans to show that there is plenty to do and see here and that they do not necessarily need to head over to Orkney, and that it is worthwhile coming back again.
I will be having a folder in each caravan with details of things to do and see. If you have a business/activity that you would like me to include in this then please get in touch.
Also I am going to include biscuits from a local bakery and a locally produced goats milk soap in a welcome pack for my guests. So if you think you have something that could be included in a welcome pack then I would be most interested to hear from you.

This is a lovely idea, says what you think of Caithness and Sutherland, and I wish you every success for the future,
as for something special, exquisite and local, a recent post with regard to cupcakes, personalized or otherwise springs to mind.

mey999
25-Mar-11, 20:39
Good luck to you im sure it will work out for you.....

The Happy Humanist
25-Mar-11, 22:43
That's a great idea. Good luck with your business and well done for thinking of helping others to promote theirs too.
I've had wedding requests for Farr Bay, Strathy and Balnakeil, so I might get Thurso Bay one day. I've never married anyone in a caravan yet, but you never know! Yours sound so nice that they might come back for a honeymoon:D
Best wishes for your first season.
Kate

Burnside
25-Mar-11, 23:00
Thank you everyone for your kind words and have had a few personal messages from people whom we can hopefully work together.

EDDIE
26-Mar-11, 09:11
Hello

If your trying to promote thurso bay holidays it would probably be a good idea to promote orkney as an added bonus for something extra to do while up in thurso on holiday Its not expensive to go for a day out in orkney and its something different
For holiday tourist it might be a highlight for them to have a day trip out to an island which doesnt cost an arm an a leg?

Burnside
27-Mar-11, 13:19
Thanks for that EDDIE. That is a good point. I am not against Orkney as such just trying to promote us as Orkney needs no promoting. They seem to have the tourism advertising all sewn up. I think we can learn a few things from them.

Vistravi
28-Mar-11, 20:17
I have know quite a few businesses fail because of lack of advertising and local support. Quite often the first I hear of these businesses is when someone has informed me of their failure!

I couldn't agree with your idea more to promote local products and services. Although I must admit our business idea would probably not benefit short stay tourists I have PM'ed some ideas.

Keep up the good work and good luck!

Burnside
03-Apr-11, 10:51
Thank you for all the responses I have received and quite a few pms. It seems that we all want the same thing and it can only be good if we can all work together. Also it has opened my eyes to some things that I never knew was on my own doorstep, so thanks again.

gerry4
03-Apr-11, 12:27
Would be good if there was some kind of local shop, physical or online, or at least up to date listing of what can be bought & were. I don't really think the area does enough to promote goods that can be sourced locally.