PDA

View Full Version : Mey 10K run

Mouse
24-Mar-11, 12:50
Change of course

Have those of you running on the 15th May taken a look at the new route!

The Caithness Courier (23rd March) mentioned a route change, a friend of my is running & has been & had a look at it. Horrendous was the main word used to describe it. New loop is cross-country terrain. :eek:

They have asked me to post, to highlight the MAJOR difference to last year.

You'll have to make up your own minds, please check it out. :roll:

porshiepoo
24-Mar-11, 14:42
I'm running it again assuming I can get this asthma under control.
I've just read about the new course which I knew was coming and i have to say I'd rather anything other than that uphill run at the start. I know there's still an uphill run at the beginning but that up and back loop was a killer last year.

I now have to find out exactly what kind of terrain the new route is and work out whether I can get fit enough to complete it without injuring myself as I've been unable to run for 4 weeks because I can't work out what's causing this stupid asthma flare-up.

Tubthumper
25-Mar-11, 13:52
Doesn't look any worse than the stretch uphill from the shore. At least it's flat and not as depressing as that awful long haul up the hill to the tearoom, then aaaaall the way back down!

pentlander
26-Mar-11, 10:10
Anyone got a link to a map of the new route? There seems to be an error on the info section of the race site.
Thanks.

porshiepoo
26-Mar-11, 21:39
The link doesn't work for me either so I just googled the area and followed the description on the Mey website.

It's more farm track type work which I'm not looking forward to but hey ho, I'll get round - hopefully!

fraz
27-Mar-11, 13:47
The only thing to really worry about is the weather it has been fantastic the last two years so lets hope for another great day but if not bring it on.