PDA

View Full Version : Its strange!

Vistravi
24-Mar-11, 10:45
We have a radio controlled alarm clock in our bedroom that tells you date,day, month and what the weather will be (not that its accurate! lol)

Today the day according to the clock is don! Sundays are son! Yesterday was Mit! [lol]

It used to work properly lol.

sam
24-Mar-11, 10:57
check the setting for language or maybe its just having a German week lol

bekisman
24-Mar-11, 11:50
We had the same a few years ago. Seems that Rugby used to transmit the signal for 'radio controlled' clocks and all was fine, then they stopped and it went to Cumbria, with reduced power, and sometimes the more powerful signal from Continental Europe gets through and plays a bit of havoc with these clocks.. We found this with the newer version of these type of clocks..
Well that's what we were told
(or your clock might be knackerd!)

Metalattakk
24-Mar-11, 13:17
Nein nein, es ist nicht 'knackered', es ist kaputt!

Walter Ego
24-Mar-11, 16:03
Ja.
For you, clocken, zer Var ist over.

Metalattakk
24-Mar-11, 17:32
Guard: "Speak English or die, friend."

Clocken: "Donnerstag. Sieben uhr dreißig. Aufwachen! Aufwachen!"

G: "Eat lead, fritz!"

C: "Gott in Himmel! Tommy-Schweinehund! AAAARGH!"

pmcd
24-Mar-11, 18:37
Glad to see so many folk learned their German via the medium of "Commando" comics! Vocabulary a bit thin, grammar a bit invisible, but by God - you get to make yourself understood..........

Next lesson "Mein Fernsehbildschirm ist schon im Eimer!" - "my far-seeing picture umbrella is in the bucket, already" - "my TV screen's on the blink!"

A German joke, remember, is no laughing matter

northener
25-Mar-11, 17:38
Actually an alarm clock that went off with the sound of a door being smashed down followed by some harsh German voice bellowing "Out of zer pit, Tommy! Raus! Schnell! Schnell!" would probably get you out of the growbag pretty sharpish.....

Dog-eared
25-Mar-11, 22:46
Glad to see so many folk learned their German via the medium of "Commando" comics! Vocabulary a bit thin, grammar a bit invisible, but by God - you get to make yourself understood..........

Next lesson "Mein Fernsehbildschirm ist schon im Eimer!" - "my far-seeing picture umbrella is in the bucket, already" - "my TV screen's on the blink!"

A German joke, remember, is no laughing matter

Yep, I don't think the German language copes with humour very well !!