PDA

View Full Version : Flash player trouble with google chrome.

hopper.65
24-Mar-11, 09:07
Is anyone else having problems with the flash player crashing in google chrome?
I have experimented with disabling various plug-ins but still the problem exists, i do like chrome and think it's by far the fastest and best of the browsers available but having to go back to firefox for now!

dx100uk
25-Mar-11, 02:55
try a search engine......

teqsnacks.com/2010/09/08/fixing-shockwav...ashes-google-chrome/ (http://teqsnacks.com/2010/09/08/fixing-shockwave-flash-crashes-google-chrome/)

dx

Beat Bug
25-Mar-11, 10:42
I too have problems. I've downloaded Flash Player, and every time it crashes, I go to my download folder and re-install it. But it still crashes several times a day. And quite often after I re-install it and open a programe, it crashes again straight away! Very annoying!

Beat Bug
25-Mar-11, 18:06
Thank you dx100uk. I checked out the search engine you suggested. Downloaded the current version of Google Chrome, and so far no crashes! Fingers crossed.

Niall Fernie
26-Mar-11, 00:16
I would think that the windoze version of chrome is the same as the linux one and adobe flash player is built into the browser directly and not a plugin. So when a new version of flash is available you need to download the latest version of chrome rather than update the adobe plugin. Also gets you any other updates that you might not find so important for chrome.

Beat Bug
26-Mar-11, 10:23
I spoke too soon! Even with downloading the latest version of Google Chrome, flash player crashes. But not so frequently! Might go back to Internet Explorer, or try Firefox again!

orkneycadian
27-Mar-11, 18:25
Oddly enough, this was the problem I had with an updated version of Firefox. Switching to Chrome was the solution for me! Crash no more! Sorry, that doesn't help your situation, but shows there is an awful lot of variability when what works for some is the opposite for others!

hopper.65
11-Apr-11, 03:11
dx100uk i have the latest version of chrome and all is up to date within, i can't un-install and then re-install the flash player as it is pre built in along with the browser!
I can only presume this is a problem that exists within chrome itself and google is having trouble putting it right?

dx100uk
11-Apr-11, 08:21
then as bill says make sure you have the lastest chrome?

3 weeks on now.

dx