PDA

View Full Version : Auto Electrician

david
23-Mar-11, 16:20
Anybody know a good auto electrician that will come out and fix my car?

upolian
23-Mar-11, 16:57
Can you pm me the problem ill forward you to the correct person :)

david
23-Mar-11, 18:29
Can you pm me the problem ill forward you to the correct person :)

Have pmd you

david
24-Mar-11, 18:11
Anybody know a good auto electrician that will come out and fix my car?

Still searching!

EDDIE
24-Mar-11, 18:44
whats wrong with ure car

david
24-Mar-11, 21:01
whats wrong with ure car

Fault code shows P1517 which is imobilizer. I had the battery off and now the keys dont want to communicate with the car. I think the keys need reprogrammed to the car. It turns over fine but just wont fire. I have power to the fuel pump and the fuel stop solenoid. Its strange because the central locking still works okay and it appears to turn off the led alarm armed light when you turn the ignition. Its a pug 306 HDI.

Blarney
25-Mar-11, 00:22
Give Campbell at Gordon Motors in Wick a shout.

david
25-Mar-11, 09:47
Give Campbell at Gordon Motors in Wick a shout.

Thanks wil do.

upolian
28-Mar-11, 13:54
Never received a pm :S campbell gordons your man to fix it!

david
28-Mar-11, 14:10
Never received a pm :S campbell gordons your man to fix it!

Mmm, its in my sent items. Many thanks anyway

carrepairman
28-Mar-11, 14:38
Assuming this is a peugeot 306 with phase 3 immobiliser and that the central locking still works the one can assume that the transponder and the ecu have lost the plot. Try this: Open drivers door window and leave it open, Open door and put the key in the ignition and turn it until the dash lights come on, and leave it in that position, Dissconect the battery and leave dissconected for 10 - 15 mins, Reconect battery and see if it will start. Leaving the window open is just a precaution as some car activate the central locking when the battery is reconnected. If that fails then I would need to know exactly the year of the vehicle to be of further help.

david
28-Mar-11, 14:53
Assuming this is a peugeot 306 with phase 3 immobiliser and that the central locking still works the one can assume that the transponder and the ecu have lost the plot. Try this: Open drivers door window and leave it open, Open door and put the key in the ignition and turn it until the dash lights come on, and leave it in that position, Dissconect the battery and leave dissconected for 10 - 15 mins, Reconect battery and see if it will start. Leaving the window open is just a precaution as some car activate the central locking when the battery is reconnected. If that fails then I would need to know exactly the year of the vehicle to be of further help.

Thanks very much for this, I will give it a go and let you know. The year is 2000 on a Xplate