PDA

View Full Version : Crow killing my Call ducks

wickchick
21-Mar-11, 16:12
Hey, Yesterday I noticed there was two crows snooping about my call ducks, I seen two crows in the grass and wondered what they were plucking, I later discovered they had killed a white call duck and was eating it. The duck was definately alive yesterday morning as I let them out and I did believe the crows had killed it. I thought it was a shot in the blue until today I seen one attacking a call duck today, holding it down and pecking its neck, Lucky we managed to save it from the crow but I dont think it will live.
Any ideas on what to do with the crows?

landy
21-Mar-11, 20:05
hi,we are having major probs with crows.one of my suffolk lambs got stuck on her side and had her insides pecked out by them.we are just about to start lambing outside so any help with them would be greatfully recieved.never had this problem before but may be due to tree prunning down in lybster.

Shabbychic
22-Mar-11, 02:28
How awful for you both. That must be a terrible situation to be in.

We had a problem with crows eating the food we put out for the wee birds, and also the cat food in the byre for our feral cats. Now I realise this is in no way as serious as killing livestock, but what we did was put food out for the crows every day, and they appeared to accept that and leave the other food alone. I suppose it depends on how many crows are causing the problem, but it may at least be worth a try.

chaz
22-Mar-11, 08:24
Guinea fowl cure most things even down to foxes, they chase everything new with thier awful machine gun alert!!

landy
22-Mar-11, 11:59
can you bring some over as could do with the help!!!!

LORRAINE
22-Mar-11, 17:08
try shooting one and hanging it on a stick gamekeepers and the like do that(in england anyway)??????its supposed to scare the other crows away don't know if it works but worth a try?

landy
22-Mar-11, 21:07
do you have a man that can??