PDA

View Full Version : Warning pc scam on rounds again

phil_moonbeam
21-Mar-11, 16:06
Just had a call from " 247 pc care " a " peter zen " telling me i had malware infections on my pc and that they were authorisied by microsoft of this and microsoft asked them to call me as iam " a privileged genuine advantage customer of microsoft" he asked me was i sat at my computer "said yes lol" he asked to go to command prompt told him i was a computer expert then had a long conversation with him "how he was authorisied from microsoft to fix this problem how it was free i must of asked him six times who at microsoft authorisied this was on phone for 15mins got his name peter zen so im just warning everone on the org watch out for this scam "your computer is not infected its a scam" but keep person talking its like scammiing them if they cant get into your pc to infect it they wont get paid " so orgers watch out you been warned

RecQuery
21-Mar-11, 17:04
Seriously? this scam is still going strong... tell them you run Linux or OSX. Maybe that's an easy way to get rid of them.

phil_moonbeam
21-Mar-11, 17:13
But thinking about it recovery was on to bt this morning about the poor downlad sppeed was remote accessed from one of there people from india lol "who was a muppet took me round the houses to clear history he could have go to internet exp tools clear history then told me nothing wrong with conn did a speed test it came up red only gettin 547 on download then told me it was a prob with my machine we have of them are they crap no most dual core of above he insisted prob my end not bt but called back a hr seems to be gettin sorted a nice indian lady found a fault gettin engineers to call me but the funny bit is funny this 247 scam crowd call after been on phone to a bt indian call centre and the 247 guy was indian too i wonder lol

Shabbychic
21-Mar-11, 17:14
I had them the other day. Half way through his opening speech, I said, "Is this that scam that I have been hearing about?"

Guess what....he hung up on me pronto.

torisdale
21-Mar-11, 18:26
They kept phoning, the 3rd time I said I said I didn't have a computer and they stopped.

Vistravi
21-Mar-11, 19:02
Seriously? this scam is still going strong... tell them you run Linux or OSX. Maybe that's an easy way to get rid of them.

Or lie and say you don't know how to turn it on or have one?