PDA

View Full Version : til ebay...or no til ebay?

trix
20-Mar-11, 14:56
so iv decided til sell all ma clobber on ebay.

hunners o' jeans, troosers an tops that i da wear anymore. o' course some stuff will go til 'e charity shop but some o' ma stuff is choost too guid til gie awie.

iv niver done 'iss before so started off gently, a pair o' jeans for a couple o' kwid. am all excited already! :cool: i think iv done'ed right.

hes any o' ye's selt anythin' on ebay....anythin' i should know aboot....is it all as smooth as it looks??

am i better sellin ivrything individually, or can ye open up a little shop?

i do got alot o'stuff....

any feedback wid be guid :D

Margaret M.
20-Mar-11, 15:20
I just buy an odd thing now and then so I'm no help on the selling end, Trix. Good luck with it! :)

brandy
20-Mar-11, 15:21
*laughs* just dont speak wicker on ebay.. they will no understand you hun!

shazzap
20-Mar-11, 15:31
If you go as a business seller, you will have all that goes with being a business.

If something you have to sell is worth a certain amount to you. Go with a reserve price. If not start with a lower starting price and see how it goes.

YummyMummy
20-Mar-11, 16:10
I buy and sell on e-bay all the time. Even my holiday let weekly rentals! Sold a fitted kitchen and utility room recently - bought from 2 separate people from Orkney!

With regard to clothes, I would sell individually. The 99p shop sells great bags for single items, I think 5 in a bag.

Don't forget you'll have e-bay and PayPal fees.
It's very straightforward and relatively hassle free. Good luck with it!

Gronnuck
20-Mar-11, 16:15
I'm a hobby eBayer (feedback of 2451 at 100%). There are no Listing Fees this weekend 18th and 19th March. Good photographs are essential; it's worth taking a few of each item so you can pick out and use the clearest. Don't photograph anything straight on against a flat surface or you'll get 'flash bounce' which will obscure the item. Your description should be honest, clear and appropriate to your target clientele. Good Luck!

shazzap
20-Mar-11, 16:21
I buy and sell on e-bay all the time. Even my holiday let weekly rentals! Sold a fitted kitchen and utility room recently - bought from 2 separate people from Orkney!

With regard to clothes, I would sell individually. The 99p shop sells great bags for single items, I think 5 in a bag.

Don't forget you'll have e-bay and PayPal fees.
It's very straightforward and relatively hassle free. Good luck with it!

Where is the 99p shop YummyMummy?? Thank you.

YummyMummy
20-Mar-11, 17:53
Opposite the Factory Shop in Thurso (I think it's called the 99p shop - that's what I all it anyway!) They do great waterproof bags: small, medium and large (the medium one's are good for sending items of clothing). Grey coloured.

CLARABEL
20-Mar-11, 18:46
Hi

I sell and buy on Ebay all the time and it is well worth it. You can buy good mailing bags on Ebay for reasonable prices. I usually buy the packs of 50 for about £4-5. The only thing can be when some folk don't pay very quick or don't pay at all. . . .grrr but that is pretty rare. Good luck with it all.

trix
30-Mar-11, 17:16
thanks for all yer tips....

i put one item up but it didna sell....i hed one watcher tho, an i da think i gied a guid enough discription.

am kwite gled tho as iv decided that i do lek 'at jeans, thur lovely an' huggy on ma bum!! :D

but now that i hev it sussed, ah hev piles o' clothes that i do want til sell, so il be busy 'iss weekend :D

apart fie i hev a funeral til go til, an am doin a niteshift....

Kodiak
30-Mar-11, 18:38
May I make a suggestion before you go listing loads of stuff for sale.

That is wait a bit.

About once a Month eBay have a free listing weekend where you can list as much as you like for free. This can save you a lot of cash as then if your item/s dont sell it has not cost you anything.

The last free weekend was on the 19th & 20th of March so the next free week should be about the second weekend in April. I hope this helps you in some small way.

John Little
30-Mar-11, 20:37
Have a garage sale at yer dad's hoose!

ducati
30-Mar-11, 22:36
Her dad'll be furious if she sells 'is garage :eek:

Julia
31-Mar-11, 08:43
I always list clothing at a starting price of 99p, this way there is no listing fee involved. Good idea too to weigh your items for postage costs, quite often it's the postal charges that put bidders off as some folk seriously overcharge.

Kodiak
01-Apr-11, 10:50
eBay have a free listing weekend on the 2nd & 3rd April. :-

http://i52.tinypic.com/igmaz6.jpg

orkneycadian
01-Apr-11, 15:05
And mind on Ebay (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/used-clothing.html) are not too enamoured with you selling your "pre-owned" drawers on there!

trix
01-Apr-11, 17:55
thanks for 'at kodiak, i wid o' completely missed oot if ye hedna put 'at up.

il make a start tomorrow an put as much as i can on, wi' proper descriptions 'iss time :roll:

thanks again til ivryone for yer advice :D