Just a quick note,
Today someone refused to move out of the way of the bus
At miller academy. The bus had to circle 3 times before getting
In for the kids. She was asked and ignored ( and by the look of
It verbally abused) the lolly pop lady and school janitor. Every day
The same car owner thinks it's her right morning and night to
Put other children in danger so she can be as close to the school gates
As possible. Disgusting behaviour today. I cant imagine any decent
Person being so rude to a lolly pop ladyand the janitor.

Gizmo
19-Mar-11, 01:37
Happens everywhere, especially in supermarket car parks, there are always cars with no disabled parking badge's parked in the disabled spaces, saw two in the Wick Tesco car park early this evening.

theone
19-Mar-11, 01:49
I can't speak for any particular individual but I drove past the bottom gate of Miller Academy earlier in the week and was shocked by the number of cars parked over the yellow "SCHOOL" wavy lines.

It would maybe even be understandable if there was a shortage of parking in the area, but there must have been 50 parking spaces 20m further along Janet street.

Maybe a phonecall of complaint to the police would force them to send a patrol past at lunchtime/closing time and put a stop to it?

Bazeye
19-Mar-11, 02:24
I can't speak for any particular individual but I drove past the bottom gate of Miller Academy earlier in the week and was shocked by the number of cars parked over the yellow "SCHOOL" wavy lines.

It would maybe even be understandable if there was a shortage of parking in the area, but there must have been 50 parking spaces 20m further along Janet street.

Maybe a phonecall of complaint to the police would force them to send a patrol past at lunchtime/closing time and put a stop to it?

Maybe, unless they'er on their tea break. And if the HSE
aent on theit holidays.

Bazeye
19-Mar-11, 02:44
Just a quick note,
Today someone refused to move out of the way of the bus
At miller academy. The bus had to circle 3 times before getting
In for the kids. She was asked and ignored ( and by the look of
It verbally abused) the lolly pop lady and school janitor. Every day
The same car owner thinks it's her right morning and night to
Put other children in danger so she can be as close to the school gates
As possible. Disgusting behaviour today. I cant imagine any decent
Person being so rude to a lolly pop ladyand the janitor.
Its posts like this that make me realise how lucky I am at being a non driver.

Brodar
19-Mar-11, 07:50
We have similar problems at Mount Pleasant school. Parents think its okay to park on the STOP LOOK AND LISTEN signs pained on the road. They are there for a reason to remind the children to stop look and listen. There is a car park in Castle Terrace for the parents to park but they still insist on parking outwith the car park then the kids cant see if any cars are coming because the parked cars are obstructing their view. The police have been up on numerous occations but makes no difference to these parents. There is so many parents that take their cars to drop off or collect children when they only live a couple of streets away.

EDDIE
19-Mar-11, 08:34
If its an every day routine phone the police and report it and then after that janitor or lolly pop lady should take a photo of the person in the wrong area to park and make sure they see you taking the photo and that hopefully will make them paranoid in parking there and you can keep the photo if you want to report it to the police again

SunnyChick
19-Mar-11, 09:15
Are there appropriate road markings?

If so, then I think it very important that you get one or two witnesses along with details of dates and times when this has happened.

Then send a letter to the head teacher and copy it to the chairperson of your parent forum. If this isn't enough to resolve the issue, then it can be further discussed at your next parent forum meeting, and if necessary, a complaint made to the police service.

orkneycadian
19-Mar-11, 10:35
Can't be easy maneuvering those big Chelsea tractors into the poky wee parking spaces in the car park! ;)

bekisman
19-Mar-11, 12:24
Take a photo and send it to the Caithness Courier - they'll publish it (with number plates obliterated) to show the lazy gits up - did it years ago with Co-op, seemed to work..

shazzap
19-Mar-11, 12:27
If its an every day routine phone the police and report it and then after that janitor or lolly pop lady should take a photo of the person in the wrong area to park and make sure they see you taking the photo and that hopefully will make them paranoid in parking there and you can keep the photo if you want to report it to the police again

I would have thought, that it would be obligatory. For the Lolly Pop Lady, to report this.

RecQuery
19-Mar-11, 16:00
At the bus stops it tends to be delivery drivers, people doing shopping or using the a cash. That and people who live close to a bus stop and seem to think they're allowed to park on them. All decent targets for traffic wardens if you ask me.

lindsaymcc
19-Mar-11, 17:10
This works both ways at Miller Academy though.

My husband has a disabled badge for the car and uses the one disabled bay at the back of the school a lot. On numerous occasions a bus has pulled up beside him and ranted and raved at him for being parked there, even though it is perfectly legal.

Complaining to the bus company does nothing.

I agree though - a lot of cars park on the hatchings that shouldnt.

Torvaig
19-Mar-11, 20:37
The problem with parking around Mount Pleasant School has been reported this week and the school is doing their best to deal with it as they have done before on several occasions.

However, some loving parents know much better than mere mortals on how to look after their small charges.

The lollipop man does an excellent job outside the school. He sees the kiddies across the main road safely and onto the other side and this is certainly not where the problem arises. The children then enter a path with rails on either side to shepherd them safely into the car park to be met by their parents or guardians.

You couldn't get a safer route.....

Unfortunately, this car park is where the problems arise. Some parents park there but more often than not the car park is nearly empty and many of the parents vehicles are either double parked on the street or parked partly on the pavement and a privileged few are even parked on the corners; one on each side of the junction even!

This means that some of the children are left to their own devices and though I know they are well schooled in the crossing code, they are badly impeded by the horrendous actions of the people who are supposed to be safeguarding them.

Instead of looking after the bairns, some of the parents/guardians take advantage of this time to stand about in the car park which after all is indeed quiet and safe for the adults to catch up on important chat.

Others spread out on to the street where some members of the public think they can drive or walk along on their legitimate business whilst these parents chat instead of watching the bairns.

Meanwhile the little ones (either those who are trusted to walk home by themselves or those who have got fed up waiting for the people who have driven hundreds of yards to meet them in order to keep them safe) are trying to cross the street and are playing dodgems with said peoples' vehicles.

This would be dealt with much quicker if most of those using vehicles would leave them behind and enjoy an ordered walk home with the bairns instead.

Unfortunately I doubt if that will happen; the selfishness of these people knows no bounds.

God help the children.

Disclaimer: I am neither a member of staff at the school nor a parent/guardian of any of the pupils. My descension into sarcasm at times has been difficult to avoid given the message I am trying to get accross.

Brodar
19-Mar-11, 22:02
The problem with parking around Mount Pleasant School has been reported this week and the school is doing their best to deal with it as they have done before on several occasions.

However, some loving parents know much better than mere mortals on how to look after their small charges.

The lollipop man does an excellent job outside the school. He sees the kiddies across the main road safely and onto the other side and this is certainly not where the problem arises. The children then enter a path with rails on either side to shepherd them safely into the car park to be met by their parents or guardians.

You couldn't get a safer route.....

Unfortunately, this car park is where the problems arise. Some parents park there but more often than not the car park is nearly empty and many of the parents vehicles are either double parked on the street or parked partly on the pavement and a privileged few are even parked on the corners; one on each side of the junction even!

This means that some of the children are left to their own devices and though I know they are well schooled in the crossing code, they are badly impeded by the horrendous actions of the people who are supposed to be safeguarding them.

Instead of looking after the bairns, some of the parents/guardians take advantage of this time to stand about in the car park which after all is indeed quiet and safe for the adults to catch up on important chat.

Others spread out on to the street where some members of the public think they can drive or walk along on their legitimate business whilst these parents chat instead of watching the bairns.

Meanwhile the little ones (either those who are trusted to walk home by themselves or those who have got fed up waiting for the people who have driven hundreds of yards to meet them in order to keep them safe) are trying to cross the street and are playing dodgems with said peoples' vehicles.

This would be dealt with much quicker if most of those using vehicles would leave them behind and enjoy an ordered walk home with the bairns instead.

Unfortunately I doubt if that will happen; the selfishness of these people knows no bounds.

God help the children.

Disclaimer: I am neither a member of staff at the school nor a parent/guardian of any of the pupils. My descension into sarcasm at times has been difficult to avoid given the message I am trying to get accross.

Well said Torvaig. Its a disgrace how car owners think they can park wherever they like and dont give the innocent children a second thought.

oldmarine
19-Mar-11, 22:10

It seem to me that this suggestion would work. That is if you have a police force worth its salt.

oldmarine
19-Mar-11, 22:12
Take a photo and send it to the Caithness Courier - they'll publish it (with number plates obliterated) to show the lazy gits up - did it years ago with Co-op, seemed to work..

This is another method that may get good results.