PDA

View Full Version : Open For Business

Kevin Milkins
18-Mar-11, 17:12
It’s interesting to read on the front page of the Groat that a new business development manager has been appointed to the Caithness chamber of commerce.
Although the report reads that it has been generally well received by retailers, I could find nothing in the article that would lead me to believe anything positive could be done by this appointment.
This is not a criticism and I hope that someone will be able to enlighten me and perhaps stimulate some positive thoughts that could be used as feed back to the new appointments.

ducati
18-Mar-11, 17:20
I seriously doubt that the chamber are focusing attention on the retailers. They are buddying up to NDA and all the associated big and potentialy big employers.

pat
18-Mar-11, 18:24
Kevin
Chamber of Commerce, HIE etc are only interested in very large businesses - they never think that little businesses turn into bigger and better, they sink any money into huge schemes where the money disappears and there is nothing in the pot and very large company goes bust with nothing left for the (creditors) folk they have ommitted to pay for goods/services supplied.
Directors salaries and all the large expenses have usually been well taken care of, of course.
So Kervin unless you have intentions of starting a very large business it would be most unusual for you to be able to access any of the monies available.
Look at Norfrost as it used to be - how much was ploughed in there?
How much was given to the much smaller one man businesses in Caithness to help them set up?