PDA

View Full Version : pups

mrsC2011
18-Mar-11, 14:21
Hi does anyone no of any doberman pups up around caithness or in the highlands

Mother Bear
18-Mar-11, 14:24
Think I saw some in the Groat today, but don't have it with me now.

mrsC2011
18-Mar-11, 16:29
thank u ill have to go buy a groat now

Sarah
18-Mar-11, 22:22
If you do find a litter, can you let me know the details? I dream of owning a Dobermann, but not a puppy. Wondering if they ever have any of their adult dogs back for rehoming. Thanks :)

mrsC2011
18-Mar-11, 22:39
there isnt bany up here will have to try the p&j

summer
19-Mar-11, 11:10
I got mine from Dobermann Rescue.

Check out http://www.fondofdobermanns.org.uk/dogs-needing-homes.html

Sarah
19-Mar-11, 17:21
There's 2 bitch pups in the P@J in Alness which is reasonably close...

mrsC2011
19-Mar-11, 20:30
the reason i am lookin for a pup is i have 3 young kids 5 2 and 11months so a rescue dog would no be rehome with us

Carole
19-Mar-11, 21:10
the reason i am lookin for a pup is i have 3 young kids 5 2 and 11months so a rescue dog would no be rehome with us

Sounds like you have your hands full already mrsC2011!

mrsC2011
19-Mar-11, 22:03
ive also got a 7 yr old gsd

summer
19-Mar-11, 22:23

This is my oldest child with our rescued dobermann, my other kids are 5 and 9 months.

Not that I'm trying to change your mind about getting a pup - sounds like a lot of fun.

Just wanted to point out that a rescued dog can be part of the family too.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/SummersSon/dogs/2010-10014.jpg

mrsC2011
20-Mar-11, 01:09
I'm not sayin that they can't but most of the rescue dogs I've looked at say that they ain't soutiable for family's with young children

GruesomeTwosome
22-Mar-11, 13:41
Try getting in touch with doberman owners/breeders. I got into my dogs breed by getting in touch with the scottish breed club who were hugely helpful. They can also advise about having more than one dog as it is massively different to having one, especially the large breeds you are planning. Not saying dont get one but just with you having 3 kids aswell the more advice from the people who know the better before diving in.

Good luck

summer
22-Mar-11, 22:56
I'm not sayin that they can't but most of the rescue dogs I've looked at say that they ain't soutiable for family's with young children

If you look at the link above, only one of the four available dogs is not for rehoming with children.

Not actually suggesting you change your plans about getting a puppy. Just fighting in the corner of the unwanted ones.

GruesomeTwosome
24-Mar-11, 01:14
I definately support re-homing, my second rottie was a re-homing and he is so calm, patient, not a thing in the world bothers him and is fantastic with my wee nieces. He also instantly clicked with my wee girl. I got him when he was 2, he is 7 this year, never regretted taking him on.

Definately worth considering, plus if you get a dog out of the puppy stage you dont have to worry about the early starts, toilet training etc.

mrsC2011
24-Mar-11, 14:19
me and the hubby had a talk about this last night as i have been lookin at alot of rehoming sights and we r goin to wait and find a rescue dog that would be right for us and our family thanks for all ur feed bak on pups and rescue dogs

GruesomeTwosome
24-Mar-11, 20:55
Thats great, good luck to you when you find the dog for you.

summer
25-Mar-11, 14:04
Oh that's great, I'm really pleased for you, and whatever dog you end up finding!