PDA

View Full Version : Re-cycling

veekay
17-Mar-11, 19:16
We all do our bit for the re-cycling cause (whether we won't to or not!) and I got to wondering what happens. Re-cycling is big business, no-one does it out of the goodness of their hearts or because they care for the environment so do the council get paid for all our re-cycled rubbish? What happens to all the glass in the glass banks money must be involved there to. So what happens to this money, does it go into the council coffers to help keep our council tax low?
I must appear to be very thick but I genuinely haven't got a clue. I am guessing someone out there will enlighten me.

new driver
18-Mar-11, 00:42
I was wondering where the rubbish put in the new blue bins will go to be sorted. Up to now we have sorted paper, cardboard, plastics and tins into separate bins at the recycling centre. In a recent tv programme I saw the sorting done by machinery but I can't remember where. Let's hope it's not too far away or there will be no saving when you factor in the cost of transporting it for recyling.

poppett
18-Mar-11, 17:21
Watched the recycling lorry in Arbroath a few weeks ago and the stuff was sorted by hand from the bins into four sections on the lorry. Anything in the wrong bins was left on the pavement!

We have enough rubbish blowing about the streets as it is when the hoolie winds get up without rubbish sorters putting it there!

NickInTheNorth
18-Mar-11, 17:28
A good read through http://www.recycling-guide.org.uk should be a good starting point...