PDA

View Full Version : Pub is now open

Pages : [1] 2

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 00:35
The pub has got it's licence back........http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/bnifiles/firewrk3.gif

E' drinks are on colin, choost e' wan mind ye, dinna be greedy.[lol]

willowbankbear
01-Sep-06, 00:37
More Stella please bud, vodka & red bull & Blue Wicked for BB

Rheghead
01-Sep-06, 00:38
Just in from work, can I have something refreshing just now, how about....a pint of lager and lime and a pack of those garlic breads that were popular in the late eighties? Cheers!:D

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 00:44
Just in from work, can I have something refreshing just now, how about....a pint of lager and lime and a pack of those garlic breads that were popular in the late eighties? Cheers!:D

Would sir like to try the Samuel Adams Utopia, cough£50cough per bottle but colins payin.;)

willowbankbear
01-Sep-06, 00:45
Sorry Rheghead last orders have passed, come back tomorrow[lol]

Tiger Jones
01-Sep-06, 01:09
Hello, mein host. Is this the infamous phantom pub of which I've heard tell?

I'll have a Black Magic on the rocks and a Devil's Brew for my ghoulfriend, if you please.

Big Jean
01-Sep-06, 01:42
I'll have a Witch's brew thank you ! Actually, make it to go - I have a glass holder on my broomstick !

canuck
01-Sep-06, 01:50
I have no idea what this thread is all about, but I am back from vacation and just starting in to reading through the threads. From my first glance I might need some refreshment from this pub of pultneytooner's.

paris
01-Sep-06, 06:33
Hope i dont get stopped today for being over the limit, Had a right old skin full last night........am driving from lincs to caithness for my hols. ( maybe get him in doors to look at property aswell ) HIC ! HIC ! jan x

krieve
01-Sep-06, 07:54
Here did you say colin is paying
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/productlist.php?catid=263&page=1 not a drink but something cold [lol] o and i will have a vodka and appletise.

connieb19
01-Sep-06, 08:10
Willowbankbear says I'm barred for falling asleep in the corner last night , is that right? :o

Saveman
01-Sep-06, 08:13
How can a pub be open at 8.20am, in the morn?? Who in their right mind is gonna drink at that time?

....do you have Fraoch on tap?

Tiger Jones
01-Sep-06, 08:33
Willowbankbear says I'm barred for falling asleep in the corner last night , is that right? :oWasn't just for falling asleep - it was for what you said when you were dreaming :eek:

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 09:00
Bit early in the day for me, but i'll in about lunch time, have a vodka & coke ready for me. Do you serve any food in here i might be a bit hungry too ? :D

Naefearjustbeer
01-Sep-06, 09:14
I am too just home from work I think a glass of red to go with my toast will do fine before I go to bed. Beer will mean I need to get up to pee before I get enough sleep :lol:

Rheghead
01-Sep-06, 09:17
How can a pub be open at 8.20am, in the morn?? Who in their right mind is gonna drink at that time?

You've obviously not had the pleasure of the Grove lounge's clientelle at that time in the morning? :lol:

golach
01-Sep-06, 10:13
Anybody got a pound for the Jukebox?........I canna find the Proclaimers on here:(

Ricco
01-Sep-06, 10:17
Sure, Golach.. here you go. The Proclaimers is number 116, I think. :)

squidge
01-Sep-06, 11:16
Once watched four old old men drink calvados round a table in a cafe in normandy whilst i sat with hot chocolate and croissants. So ill have some of that please

Calvados that is not hot chocolate :D

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 13:02

This is a cyberpub, we have all.:)

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 13:04
Bit early in the day for me, but i'll in about lunch time, have a vodka & coke ready for me. Do you serve any food in here i might be a bit hungry too ? :D
Any budding chefs in the house, candyfloss wants fed?

sam
01-Sep-06, 13:04
glad to see you got your lisence back i'll have a bud please :D

connieb19
01-Sep-06, 13:12
Wasn't just for falling asleep - it was for what you said when you were dreaming :eek:
Last night I met the most gordgeous man I've ever seen. His name was Johnny and he's working building the new Tescos. He was trying to sell a rusty old green Cavalier for £3000. I arranged to meet him in Wetherspoons tonight. OHHHH, I was so excited, BUT then I woke up!!! Grrrr, disappointed wasn't the word!! Just my luck!! [evil]
Des anyone have any idea what my dream meant?

sam
01-Sep-06, 13:19
beware of hunks selling green cars :lol:

Rheghead
01-Sep-06, 13:20
beware of hunks selling green cars :lol:

Yes, green cars are said to be unlucky, I would go for for a boring, less powerful but more reliable model.

MGB1979
01-Sep-06, 14:46
No drink for me yet, I'm just going to sook the accumulated lager dribblings out of my Red Dwarf t-shirt.

codex
01-Sep-06, 15:09
does this pub sell waccy baccy [lol] could do with nice morrocan blend :)

weeboyagee
01-Sep-06, 15:11
..........a thread about a pub on the org and me not contribute - aye right!!! Reghead - you shouldn't be in the pub - you can't hold yer drink ;) and everyone make sure he stays off the potcheen!! "Boring less powerful cars"?? Less powerful?? Now that's boring - want a shot o' mine??

Bowl of Frosties and a large Bacardi please,...... and I don't care the time of the day it is served - I head for the Land of the Maple Leaf in three weeks and the body will be confused anyway!

WBG :cool:

Tiger Jones
01-Sep-06, 15:51
Any budding chefs in the house, candyfloss wants fed?Is it difficult to make toffee apples? :cool:

Tiger Jones
01-Sep-06, 15:54
Last night I met the most gordgeous man I've ever seen. His name was Johnny and he's working building the new Tescos. He was trying to sell a rusty old green Cavalier for £3000. I arranged to meet him in Wetherspoons tonight. OHHHH, I was so excited, BUT then I woke up!!! Grrrr, disappointed wasn't the word!! Just my luck!! [evil]
Des anyone have any idea what my dream meant?
It probably means you're on the lookout for an overpriced rusty old Cavalier.

That IS why you were disappointed, isn't it? ;)

connieb19
01-Sep-06, 16:12
It probably means you're on the lookout for an overpriced rusty old Cavalier.

That IS why you were disappointed, isn't it? ;)No, it was love at first sight, he was just perfect, I'm still gutted lol. :(

footie chick
01-Sep-06, 17:04
Men are only perfect in dreams in reality they're nightmares:lol:

willowbankbear
01-Sep-06, 17:13
Willowbankbear says I'm barred for falling asleep in the corner last night , is that right? :o

No , its like when yer barred for life from the waterfront. Banned but we`ll see ye tommorrow when ye wake up;)

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 17:30
Is it difficult to make toffee apples? :cool:
Oh, i do love my toffee apples [lol] But a cheese toastie will do just now.
Maybe somebody will make me a toffee apple later.

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 17:39
Drinks all round and a Bacardi and coke for me make that a double.......Im celebrating a forthcoming event........:Razz Things can only get better can only get better yeh!!!!! :Razz

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 17:44
Hi Phoenix, i was wondering when you'd get here, have you been on the bacardi & cokes already.

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 17:48
Hi Phoenix, i was wondering when you'd get here, have you been on the bacardi & cokes already.

Hic! hic! just one or two hic hic hehe wheres the party I feel like dancing hic hic oops nearly fell over there .......Its nice here is this really Caithness ......org? :Razz

footie chick
01-Sep-06, 18:19
bacardi and diet iron bru, please, and any snacks have a serious case of the munchies :eek:

changilass
01-Sep-06, 18:21
Drinks all round and a Bacardi and coke for me make that a double.......Im celebrating a forthcoming event........:Razz Things can only get better can only get better yeh!!!!!

Are you gonna share your reasons for celebrating, or is it on a need to know basis. Whatever it is congratulations and have a good time:lol:

Billy Boy
01-Sep-06, 18:23
http://www.dambrewery.com/retail/barware/pint-ds.jpg

Bingobabe
01-Sep-06, 18:29
ooooohhhh Go on then give us a vodka and coke mmmmmm maybe a blue wicked, Decisions,Descisions,:Razz

changilass
01-Sep-06, 18:34
ooooohhhh Go on then give us a vodka and coke mmmmmm maybe a blue wicked, Decisions,Descisions,:Razz

Hubby has already made your mind up for you lol, he keeps ordering blue wicked:lol:

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 18:40
Are you gonna share your reasons for celebrating, or is it on a need to know basis. Whatever it is congratulations and have a good time:lol:

Thanks for the congratulations changlisas hic! Have a drink with me! hic Its too soon to tell yet hic........Im not pregnant if thats waht your all thinking hic...........at least i dont think I am, if I am its a miracle and wed need to let the Vatican know hic :Razz Oo ps Im all ove rthe place hic Footie chick you been at the waccy baccy hic Mr @ Mrs BB have anohter drink your glass is looking a bit empty hic ............hey candyfloss see the french market's back next week pancakes? white wine? Oooohh Noooo better behave hic nice pub this

footie chick
01-Sep-06, 18:48
sorry gave the waccy baccy to Bingobabe ages ago hasn't been seen since:eek:

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 19:02

I thou ght you said you had the mu nchies footiechick :eek: hic hic Its gone awful quite in here whe res everyo ne gone..........to the pub I suppose hehe hic hic Ill have another Bacardi and coke please thankyou ...........

footie chick
01-Sep-06, 19:04
this is the best pub I haven't paid for one yet! double bacardis for myself and phoenix ;)

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 19:13
this is the best pub I haven't paid for one yet! double bacardis for myself and phoenix ;)

Cheers footiechick hic.........I wish the pl ce would li ven up a bit could do with a bit o f a sing song or a dance :Razz You any good at singing? hic hic oops I ve taken a wo bbly again.....

angela5
01-Sep-06, 19:14
Cheers footiechick hic.........I wish the pl ce would li ven up a bit could do with a bit o f a sing song or a dance :Razz You any good at singing? hic hic oops I ve taken a wo bbly again.....

The night is young phoenix, your eager.:D
Chilled bottle of stella for me please.

footie chick
01-Sep-06, 19:15

I only sing when the bar is wanting emptyed :lol:

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 19:17
The night is young phoenix, your eager.:D
Chilled bottle of stella for me please.

Hello angela5 long time no see.........:Razz

angela5
01-Sep-06, 19:20
Hello angela5 long time no see.........:Razz

Can you see me phoenix hiding in the corner? oh, i thought i was well disguised.:lol: Bring me over a stella or 2 and i might think about singing later.

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 19:34
Hello angela5 long time no see.........:RazzI was just thinking the same thing, good to see you back :D Aye, i noticed the markets coming back again, eek.I thought everyone might think you had a bun in the oven when you said you were celebrating.

angela5
01-Sep-06, 19:39
I was just thinking the same thing, good to see you back Aye, i noticed the markets coming back again, eek.I thought everyone might think you had a bun in the oven when you said you were celebrating.

Cheers candyfloss, for a minute there i thought All of that message was for me. :lol:
A bun in the oven!!:eek: EEK!

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 19:47
Cheers candyfloss, for a minute there i thought All of that message was for me. :lol:
A bun in the oven!!:eek: EEK!
Lol, I was talking to Phoenix at the same time hic, i think i've had a bit too much to drink now, i better go and lie down in a corner for a wee while.

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 19:49
I was just thinking the same thing, good to see you back :D Aye, i noticed the markets coming back again, eek.I thought everyone might think you had a bun in the oven when you said you were celebrating.

You been hiding in the corner all this time angela5???????? :eek: Ill get your stella and hopefully youll be singing before the nights out.......noooo buns in nooo ovens candyfloss.........hic

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 20:02
Yahooooo..... i've just noticed i've got another little green box :D The drinks are on me everyone :D

Elenna
01-Sep-06, 20:03
Ooooh...hurrah! I haven't missed everything tonight! :) Just an appletise for me, please. Nice place in here...and what's that music playing on the jukebox?

obiron
01-Sep-06, 20:19
its fri nite am in the mood for a cocktail. maybe a cheeky v or cosmopolitan. who am i kidding will try most drinks once. better get a pint for hubby. does anyone fancy a game of pool. must go put a tune in the jukebox.

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 20:39
Lol, I was talking to Phoenix at the same time hic, i think i've had a bit too much to drink now, i better go and lie down in a corner for a wee while.

Wake up, e' karaoke is startin'...http://filesoup.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/Poke.gif
Mibbe get chobbers in a whiley till play us a tune.

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 20:46
Eh ! What !
Right i'm awake now :Razz Anybody seen Phoenix, it's gone quiet in here, hic......

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 21:31
Eh ! What !
Right i'm awake now Anybody seen Phoenix, it's gone quiet in here, hic......

I went off for a ciggie and some fresh air and got lost :Razz Show me the way to Amarillo de da de....hic hic..........This is madness! :eek:

Bingobabe
01-Sep-06, 21:36
MMMMMMMMMMMMM i wonder what happened to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe thats why im to lazy to type all this drink and drugs are going straight to my heed me thinks i better take it easy the rest of the night.[lol] OOOOhhhhhhNOOOOOOO im getting the hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe heheh

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Sep-06, 21:36
Two pints o' john smiths,a cheeseburger and two packs o' McCoys please barman:lol:

How Much?:lol:

Bingobabe
01-Sep-06, 21:39
I went off for a ciggie and some fresh air and got lost :Razz Show me the way to Amarillo de da de....hic hic..........This is madness! :eek:Everynight im hugging my pillow la la la de da la la look what youve done youve only gone and started me of.

phoenix
01-Sep-06, 21:53
Everynight im hugging my pillow la la la de da la la look what youve done youve only gone and started me of.

dreamin dreams of amarilla..... and sweet Maria waits for me.........everyone!!!!! Sha la la la la la la la.......boom! boom!...........sha la la la la la le :Razz

connieb19
01-Sep-06, 21:58
dreamin dreams of amarilla..... and sweet Maria waits for me.........everyone!!!!! Sha la la la la la la la.......boom! boom!...........sha la la la la la le :Razz
La, la , la la alla laalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! I'm way out of tune but that's the usual!!:Razz

lassieinfife
01-Sep-06, 22:04
brrrrrrrrrrr can someone shut the door i'm sitting in a draft....... might have to change the irn bru for coffee lol:lol:

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 22:06
Two pints o' john smiths,a cheeseburger and two packs o' McCoys please barman.

How Much?
McCoys, Mmmmm, would that be, flamegrilled, salted, mexican chilli, salt&vinegar, cheese&onion or bbq rib????:D
That'l be £7.20......[lol]

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 22:09
brrrrrrrrrrr can someone shut the door i'm sitting in a draft....... might have to change the irn bru for coffee lol:lol:

For lassieinfife.............http://nootropics.com/caffeine/coffee.gif

porshiepoo
01-Sep-06, 22:23
Paris has just arrived and she blinkin reeeeeks of alchohol! Whats more she can't walk properly and is slurring! :roll:

p.s she wants a rum and coke...again!
I'll have a cider and pernod please!

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 22:25
Paris has just arrived and she blinkin reeeeeks of alchohol! Whats more she can't walk properly and is slurring! :roll:

p.s she wants a rum and coke...again!
I'll have a cider and pernod please!

Ahahahahahha, gonna heve till stop paris's tap soon......[lol]

porshiepoo
01-Sep-06, 22:36
Ahahahahahha, gonna heve till stop paris's tap soon......[lol]

Do you mean tab?????????
Please don't, you ain't got to live with her - pleeeeaaaaseeeeeee don't stop the alchohol.

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 22:47
Do you mean tab?????????
Please don't, you ain't got to live with her - pleeeeaaaaseeeeeee don't stop the alchohol.
We have alkyhol on tap.lol

Naefearjustbeer
01-Sep-06, 22:47
Nah it is tap. thats what stops the flow of alcohol. Stopping a TAB just stops your credit.

porshiepoo
01-Sep-06, 22:50
Well she's finished that rum and coke now so chuck another this way.
Keep it coming, keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!:roll:

And I'll have a water cos I know my limits and I'm a good girl........unlike Paris! :eek:

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 22:53
Well she's finished that rum and coke now so chuck another this way.
Keep it coming, keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!:roll:

And I'll have a water cos I know my limits and I'm a good girl........unlike Paris!

Ach, heve a wee morgans and coke,
lassie.:D

porshiepoo
01-Sep-06, 22:55
Noooooooooooooooooo! I'm teetotal
Paris drinks enough for the two of us!

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 22:56
Don't stop me now i'm having such a good time.......i'm having a ball......don't stop me now..........hic.......hic [lol]

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 23:04
"duets with candyfloss.......http://filesoup.co.uk/forum/style_emoticons/default/6.gif

porshiepoo
01-Sep-06, 23:09
Don't stop me now i'm having such a good time.......i'm having a ball......don't stop me now..........hic.......hic [lol]

Paris wants it back! :roll:

Billy don't be a hero don't be a fool with your life............la lala la laaaaaa.

Zippy
01-Sep-06, 23:10
Double vodka and coke please!

candyfloss
01-Sep-06, 23:14
Glad to see you Zippy,i think Phoenix has gone home, come on join in with the karaoke.......Don't stop me now...........

Zippy
01-Sep-06, 23:18
Why did she go home? Party pooper :Razz

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 23:19
Paris wants it back! :roll:

Billy don't be a hero don't be a fool with your life............la lala la laaaaaa.
Billy don't be a hero, come back and make me your wiiiiiiiiiiiiiife, la la la lalala, and when billy started to gooooooooooohoooooooo:lol:

porshiepoo
01-Sep-06, 23:23
And when Billy started to goooooooo, she said keep your priddy head loooowwww, Billy don't be a hero come back to meeee.
:lol:

candyfloss
Why did she go home? Party pooper :Razz
Maybe she'll be back out tomorrow night, i'm of home myself now i think...i'm gonna have some hangover in the morning .....

pultneytooner
'We had joy we had fun, flickin' bogeys at the sun..........

canuck
01-Sep-06, 23:37
I just had a peek in the window of the chat room. Quite a party going on in there as well. But the bar keep at the pub is much better looking than the one on duty over there.

pultneytooner
01-Sep-06, 23:43
I just had a peek in the window of the chat room. Quite a party going on in there as well. But the bar keep at the pub is much better looking than the one on duty over there.
Shucks canuck, you had too many......:)

canuck
02-Sep-06, 00:14
I just had a profound realization. Pultneytooner, after an evening at your pub a patron can delete her posts the next morning and poof, there goes the headache!

pultneytooner
02-Sep-06, 00:22
I just had a profound realization. Pultneytooner, after an evening at your pub a patron can delete her posts the next morning and poof, there goes the headache!

hehehe, if only we could do that in real life?[lol]

willowbankbear
02-Sep-06, 00:26

What? Pot in my hoose & I wasnt informed, why? I cant smoke it anyway coz o drug tests but some of my old pals do[lol]

Malcolmdog
02-Sep-06, 02:18
..........a thread about a pub on the org and me not contribute - aye right!!! Reghead - you shouldn't be in the pub - you can't hold yer drink ;) and everyone make sure he stays off the potcheen!! "Boring less powerful cars"?? Less powerful?? Now that's boring - want a shot o' mine??

Bowl of Frosties and a large Bacardi please,...... and I don't care the time of the day it is served - I head for the Land of the Maple Leaf in three weeks and the body will be confused anyway!

WBG :cool:

And here I thought the beverage of choice was Molson Ice. Hmmm ANOTHER trip to the LCBO!!

canuck
02-Sep-06, 02:21
Gosh, malcolmdog, great to see you. Here I was about to pack it in for the night and you came through the door. Sit for a moment. This round is on me. Then we will go help design that new org tartan.

Kingetter
02-Sep-06, 02:26
Gosh, malcolmdog, great to see you. Here I was about to pack it in for the night and you came through the door. Sit for a moment. This round is on me. Then we will go help design that new org tartan.

That a promise?

Malcolmdog
02-Sep-06, 03:24

I think I will have another cold one! Hopefully it will improve my vision, missed your post!!

porshiepoo
02-Sep-06, 08:03
Hey what a good idea - a caithness.org tartan!
We could all have a few bevvies on here then get doodling!

BTW Paris was so bladdered last night she still hasn't surfaced yet. :roll:
That'll teach her to stay off the sauce - she's gonne be soooooooo hungover. :lol:

Ann
02-Sep-06, 09:10
Go waken her up; tell her she is missing her holiday!!!

porshiepoo
02-Sep-06, 14:57
She's up and on the sauce again!!!!!!!!!!!!.............and eating me out of house and home. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I entertain this greedy, alchoholic woman??????????:eek:

willowbankbear
02-Sep-06, 16:37
I just woke up (Im on nightshift) Scotland are 6-0 up v Faroes, So Ill have another Stella Pultneytooner please[lol] [lol]

krieve
02-Sep-06, 16:42
A double vodka and coke with ice please

angela5
02-Sep-06, 17:04
A double vodka and coke with ice please

Double!! easy on krieve, it's only tea-time.:roll:

krieve
02-Sep-06, 17:22
lol i was a bit stressed but now in the mood for more ![lol]

changilass
02-Sep-06, 17:50
Can I get a pint of beer shandy please, thirsty work this tiling milarky:D

Murchiemannie
02-Sep-06, 17:56
To drown my sorrows at the "scorries" going down to I.T.C. (even by only ONE goal) It will have to be a baccardi and diet coke (can) not a schoosh with ice please.
Nothing to eat as it spoils my appetite for more baccardi.
So glad that you got your license. How long are you open to tonight?

porshiepoo
02-Sep-06, 18:08
Who's at the bar then???????

Paris has hightailed it for an aftertoon nap. lol. So I'm left finding myself with 10 minutes while hubby fixes the washing machine.

Could i have a Britvic 55 orange please

paris
02-Sep-06, 18:59
God , poos so boring , stick a gin in it for her, she will never know.....actually she would, LOL jan x

willowbankbear
03-Sep-06, 00:31
Im here for a lunch time pint, Stella & a Vodka wi red bull

Fran
03-Sep-06, 00:50
A pina colada for me please, then I can pretend I am back in Spain!!!

porshiepoo
03-Sep-06, 00:55
A pina colada for me please, then I can pretend I am back in Spain!!!

I had a non alcoholic pina colada in Cuba last year - it was lovely.

Can I have one now please!

Fran
03-Sep-06, 01:23
Tescos do a ready mixed bottle of pina colado, its lovely and costs £5.99
Somerfields do one for about £3, not so creamy but it is quite good. Cant wait to get stocked up with it next time I go to tesco, yum yum.

Tiger Jones
03-Sep-06, 01:25
I fancy something tall, tasty and cool.

Her name's Esther and she's a barmaid. Can we install her in here?

connieb19
03-Sep-06, 01:30
I fancy something tall, tasty and cool.

Her name's Esther and she's a barmaid. Can we install her in here?Esther is on holiday but will Dolly the sheep do instead?

http://www.deltana.com/alaska-sheep-hunting/images/sheep04.jpg

Tiger Jones
03-Sep-06, 01:34
Esther is on holiday but will Dolly the sheep do instead?

http://www.deltana.com/alaska-sheep-hunting/images/sheep04.jpgUmmm not quite the dolly I had in mind. Can she pull a decent Guinness?

connieb19
03-Sep-06, 01:35
Ummm not quite the dolly I had in mind. Can she pull a decent Guinness?
Who's Guinness? :eek:

Tiger Jones
03-Sep-06, 01:42
Who's Guinness? :eek:Don't you know?

I'll let you work it out. The clues are there.
Who would drink in a pub like this?

Signed;
Tiger Guinness Jones

angela5
03-Sep-06, 04:42
Who's serving around here?

connieb19
03-Sep-06, 09:36
Who's serving around here?
Yes Madam, what would you like? http://chiwowwow.biz/blog/images/elvis-n-bush%20copy.jpg

angela5
03-Sep-06, 10:47
EEK!.:eek: Thanks, but think i'll give it a miss.

Ann
03-Sep-06, 11:00
Right, that's it! I'm signing the pledge! Well, after Tuesday night that is.

Piglet
10-Sep-06, 23:04
I'll have a large vodka & lemonade

Cheers

porshiepoo
10-Sep-06, 23:06
And about time too Barman.

Pernod nad Cider please! :lol: Only I forgot my purse so I kinda hope it's on the house. lol. And by the way, that last glass I had was filthy so it looks like you need a new bottle washer. I'll step in till Paris come along. :lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Sep-06, 23:57
And about time too Barman.

Pernod nad Cider please! :lol: Only I forgot my purse so I kinda hope it's on the house. lol. And by the way, that last glass I had was filthy so it looks like you need a new bottle washer. I'll step in till Paris come along. :lol:

Porshiepoo its on the Cedric...Pultneytooner......a 1000ltr Green Lagoon please!!!!!!........

porshiepoo
10-Sep-06, 23:58
Cheers cedric!

Pultneytooner make mine a triple. :eek:

canuck
11-Sep-06, 00:01
[quote=porshiepoo;132919]And about time too Barman.

Pernod nad Cider please! :lol: Only I forgot my purse so I kinda hope it's on the house. /quote]

I'm in a generous spirit tonight. I'll cover this for you porshiepoo.

Thanks for opening up pultneytooner. It has been a long week here in the colonies.

Oops, I missed The Cedric. I'll get you next time porshiepoo.

porshiepoo
11-Sep-06, 00:05
Cheers Canuck,

I'll have another triple ta.
I'll pop in tomorrow and leave you a drink behind the bar. :lol:

canuck
11-Sep-06, 00:08
Nah, I won't be here tomorrow. Once I get this bottle of Old Pultney finished that Szin and I are sharing I have to make coffee. Then put together a quiz for the "room" next week. That will take all of my attention for a few days. But maybe by Thursday I will be thirsty again.

henry20
11-Sep-06, 08:38
Can I just have a diet coke please? Too many beers/wines/vodkas lately and its not been good for the waistline :~(

Piglet
11-Sep-06, 10:02
The day im having :(
I'll have a quadruple vodka & ice with just a spot of lemonade.

porshiepoo
11-Sep-06, 10:16
But Piglet it's only half ten, whats happened in such a short time?? :(

angela5
11-Sep-06, 11:48
The day im having :(
I'll have a quadruple vodka & ice with just a spot of lemonade.

well it's now nearly 12 piglet, hope your day is going better.:D

henry20
11-Sep-06, 12:04
Any chance of some pub grub? I'm starving :(

canuck
11-Sep-06, 14:00
henry20, it is perfectly safe to eat and drink in here. There are no calories and no headache the next morning.

henry20
11-Sep-06, 14:01
In that case, I'll have a pint of lager and a white wine. Thanks (I went elsewhere to eat, but I'm sure the food would be lovely!)

Piglet
11-Sep-06, 16:17
well it's now nearly 12 piglet, hope your day is going better.:D

Yeh thankfully as the day has gone on it has got better.:D

angela5
11-Sep-06, 17:29
Yeh thankfully as the day has gone on it has got better.:D

Nice one, take a seat. What would you like to drink? seeing as the barman is not around.

Ricco
11-Sep-06, 17:33
My what a hot one! Bartender, Stella please - in this tin bath, thanks. I'll just sit in it and drink myself stupid. :eek:

Piglet
11-Sep-06, 17:38
What a great idea Ricco.

Thanks angela5 I'll have a Brandy & babysham for a change.

Cheers

angela5
11-Sep-06, 17:41
My what a hot one! Bartender, Stella please - in this tin bath, thanks. I'll just sit in it and drink myself stupid. :eek:

Hey, great idea, i can think up some blonde jokes at the same time.[lol]

Piglet
11-Sep-06, 17:47
aye its thurst work but some one has to do it. ;)

Think i,ll have another.

Cheers all.

obiron
11-Sep-06, 18:55
In the mood for a black russian please and maybe a packet of scampi fries. can i get change for the pool table too. god need to get some decent choons on the jukebox.

Piglet
11-Sep-06, 19:08
In the mood for a black russian please and maybe a packet of scampi fries. can i get change for the pool table too. god need to get some decent choons on the jukebox.

Ooh scampi fries i havent had them in years.

I,ll have another brandy please. Get one for yoursel bartender. :D

porshiepoo
11-Sep-06, 19:14
Scampi fries all round then! :)

Maybe the scampi smell will help ward off the preachers in the other room. lol.

I'll have a water to sip on while I contemplate my sins and being thrown into hell for not believing in this man 'God'. :eek:

Piglet
11-Sep-06, 19:18
Ah well lets drink to our sins & you hitting the 1,000 postings porshie.
Slange

laguna2
11-Sep-06, 19:19
Agreed - I will have a double brandy while I contemplate all my sins :lol:

golach
11-Sep-06, 19:19
I'll have a water to sip on while I contemplate my sins and being thrown into hell for not believing in this man 'God'. :eek:

Who said that this God they are on about is a man, more likely till be a wuman [disgust]

Billy Boy
11-Sep-06, 19:25
just a tin of sweetheart stout please:Razz driveing tomorrow, ohh and a pint of diesel for mrs bb:eek:

DrSzin
11-Sep-06, 19:25
What's all this talk about szins (plural)?

There is but one szin. I am the one and only - the original szin. :cool:

I'll gladly join ye all in a wee dram though. We can celebrate porshie's elevation to 1K'er status.

porshiepoo
11-Sep-06, 19:26
Ah well lets drink to our sins & you hitting the 1,000 postings porshie.
Slange

Blinkin Eck, I hadn't noticed.

Think that means I deserve a double pernod and cider.

Golach, are you just hiding? Theres no running away from it you know. He has eyes everywhere! :eek: He can seeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuu.

grumpyhippo
11-Sep-06, 19:26
Since there are no 'No Smoking' signs displayed in this hostelry does anybody object if I light up or am I expected to step outside?

porshiepoo
11-Sep-06, 19:28
What's all this talk about szins (plural)?

There is but one szin. I am the one and only - the original szin. :cool:

I'll gladly join ye all in a wee dram though. We can celebrate porshie's elevation to 1K'er status.

This ones on me but I can't join ya, I've just downed the pernod and I'm a seeing frogs!!!!!!!!! ;)

golach
Since there are no 'No Smoking' signs displayed in this hostelry does anybody object if I light up or am I expected to step outside?
There is a parasol at the door, use that if its raining [disgust]

Piglet

You can only smoke if u buy everyone a dram. :lol:

grumpyhippo
11-Sep-06, 21:32
There is a parasol at the door, use that if its raining [disgust]

Can I have cocktail to put the parasol in (with ice and a sparkler) please.

grumpyhippo
11-Sep-06, 21:35
You can only smoke if u buy everyone a dram. :lol:

Ok, but can they go on the slate until pay day and piglet you deserve a double.

Piglet
12-Sep-06, 00:13
Thanks grumpyhippo.

I'll have a double Brandy. That will be my last for tonight.

One good thing about this pub - i wont have a hangover in the morning no matter how much i drink lol:lol: [lol]

angela5
12-Sep-06, 00:16
A nice cold bottle of stella for me please, who's serving?

paris
12-Sep-06, 02:41
Hi gang, give me a pint of cold coke, im dry.:lol:

canuck
12-Sep-06, 03:32
Hi paris, I've just finished one long boring meeting.

I see the other 1K revellers have left. I'll join you. No coke for me, but maybe a Canada Dry.

Piglet
12-Sep-06, 14:32
goodness its warm the day.

I'll have a pint o lager to wet the pallet.:D

golach
12-Sep-06, 15:30
Hi paris, I've just finished one long boring meeting.

I see the other 1K revellers have left. I'll join you. No coke for me, but maybe a Canada Dry.
Canuck, a Brandy and a Dry Ginger, nearly the same as a Canada dry is known as a "Horses Neck" and is drunk a lot in Naval Officers company......Nice

Whitewater
12-Sep-06, 15:35
Back again for my next round, this time I'll have a large "Old Pultney" and a 1/2 pint of 60 shilling, dogs still on her usual, plain crisps and a 1/2 pint of Murphy's.

henry20
12-Sep-06, 15:40
Can I have some s ex on the beach please - to drink of course :)

angela5
12-Sep-06, 15:41
A cocktail henry20, this is a pub no some posh bar yer in now..:lol:

henry20
12-Sep-06, 15:45
right, make it a pint of lager then!

sapphire
12-Sep-06, 16:44
Hey folks is anybody in here?

I've just spent what seems like a lifetime reading the 4004bc etc thread and I definately need a drink. Right now just about anything would do.....as long as it's not holy water!:lol: lol.........

porshiepoo
12-Sep-06, 16:48
Save yourself Sapphire... don't go back! :lol:

I'm hiding in here cos I seem to be upsetting people again. Oops!

I'll have a water please barman - have to keep my senses for when I jump back into the foray.

Tell canuck theres one behind the bar for her when she pops in. :)

sapphire
12-Sep-06, 16:54
Can I have some s ex on the beach please - to drink of course :)

Hey Henry20...My better half got me one of these on holiday not so long ago....it brings back great memories!:D .So I think I'd rather enjoy it again!!
Do you think the barman would be able to oblige???

henry20
12-Sep-06, 16:57
well, I stuck with the pint option - he did look in his cocktail book, but I was too thirsty to wait!

Piglet
12-Sep-06, 18:36
i'll have a pint.

get what everyone else is having & dont forget yoursel.;)

pultneytooner
12-Sep-06, 18:47

I've just spent what seems like a lifetime reading the 4004bc etc thread and I definately need a drink. Right now just about anything would do.....as long as it's not holy water!:lol: lol.........
How about a bloody mary?[lol]

sapphire
12-Sep-06, 18:58
How about a bloody mary?

I did think about a 'Devils Advocaat'....but all things considered I would prefer a 'Screaming Orgasm'!!!!!;) .....oops am I allowed to say that before the watershed?:D lol

obiron
12-Sep-06, 20:31
ken what i could murder a pint of guiness.

Piglet
12-Sep-06, 23:15

I think i will join you Sapphire.
Gee whiz thats enough to make anyone have a thirst. :D

grumpyhippo
13-Sep-06, 21:15
Seems very quiet in here tonight, is everyone in front of the tele, I heard some football match is being played in a far off place called Manchester. Prefer rugby myself all that linament and getting down in the scrum.

Since it quiet I'll buy the cheap round , mine's a pint of 1664. Does anyone else want one?

krieve
13-Sep-06, 21:20
I will have a vodka and coke with ice please grumpyhippo
It's very quiet !!!

Piglet
13-Sep-06, 21:27
Seen as your buying Grumpyhippo i will have a vodka & lemonade with ice.

Cheers :D

canuck
13-Sep-06, 21:29
Krieve, I am here now, things will start hopping soon.

Porshiepoo, thanks for the drink. Whatever it is, it is hitting the spot. There is nothing finer than a good drink with great friends. Ahhh!

But, perhaps I should have something a bit stronger for my second round. I have been reading that tartan thread. DrSzin and rich are scaring me!

grumpyhippo
13-Sep-06, 21:36
Typical, produce your wallet and half the world walks through the door.:lol: :lol:

krieve
13-Sep-06, 21:40
Krieve, I am here now, things will start hopping soon.

Porshiepoo, thanks for the drink. Whatever it is, it is hitting the spot. There is nothing finer than a good drink with great friends. Ahhh!

But, perhaps I should have something a bit stronger for my second round. I have been reading that tartan thread. DrSzin and rich are scaring me!

Are you going to get the party going canuck :D

Bobinovich
13-Sep-06, 22:04
Did my back in a couple of days ago and had an appointment with the osteopath this afternoon. After being repeatedly manipulated (as only they can) I could REALLY do with something to take the pain away.

I'll have a black russian with ice, a pint of shandy & a couple of packets of bacon fries too please.Yeah, I know I'm a pig!

canuck
13-Sep-06, 22:06
Are you going to get the party going canuck :D

Yes, I found a handful of coins for the jukebox. Let's dance!

Okay, Bob, you can watch.

canuck
13-Sep-06, 22:09
Did my back in a couple of days ago and had an appointment with the osteopath this afternoon. After being repeatedly manipulated (as only they can) I could REALLY do with something to take the pain away.

I'll have a black russian with ice, a pint of shandy & a couple of packets of bacon fries too please.Yeah, I know I'm a pig!

Gosh, if running the quiz is that stressful maybe I should reconsider accepting Ricco's nomination that I be quizzie on Sunday.

Fran
13-Sep-06, 23:21
stiff drink please as depressed about my new car stinking from spilt milk. And one for the car too....to take the smell away!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_33.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZN (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZN&utm_id=7925)

Tiger Jones
13-Sep-06, 23:43
I'll have one of these please...

http://www.positioningmag.com/vaf/pictures/125/12513n_072804_TigerBeer_Open_L.jpg

Preferably the large one at the front.

Perspective? What's that?

Ojibwa
14-Sep-06, 00:31
Tiger Jones I'll join you for one of those lagers, it's been a loooooong day!!! [lol]

canuck
14-Sep-06, 01:19
Tiger Jones I'll join you for one of those lagers, it's been a loooooong day!!! [lol]

Ojibwa, you have to learn the new brands now.

This is what you want to try.

http://www.moosehead.ca/images/upload/img_prmn_look.jpg

Enjoy!

Ojibwa
14-Sep-06, 01:38
That's funny Canuck I just tried that exact brand of beer a few months ago. It was a really hot day and my husband and I decided to get some beer, he asked what I wanted and I (wanting to try something local) replied "get me something with a moose on it!!! [lol] [lol]

Tiger Jones
14-Sep-06, 08:55
"get me something with a moose on it!!! [lol]

Well, that's definitely better than getting something with a moose IN it. They wee creatures can get in some tight spots so a beer bottle neck wouldn't cause any problems for them :cool:

Bobinovich
14-Sep-06, 11:15
Gosh, if running the quiz is that stressful maybe I should reconsider accepting Ricco's nomination that I be quizzie on Sunday.

LOL! If only it was mental stress instead of physical pain I'd probably be a lot happier. I'm peeved just now because I've got loads of work on (I'm self employed) but can't do it until my back is better. :~(

Lolabelle
14-Sep-06, 11:42
Can I get a non alcoholic drink please? I'd love a lemon, lime & bitters please. We have just finished dinner and ready to settle down for a bit of telly, and ring ring ring goes the telephone, Dave's off to work. Job should go all night and I would like a nice cool drink, my special favourite.

pultneytooner
14-Sep-06, 19:56
ok fellas and gals P'T is proud to bring on stage just comming off of tour
the dark and gloomy THE CURE
there is a 12 keg stand set up plastic cups every where so grab what you need and enjoy.[lol]

WeeBurd
14-Sep-06, 20:09
The Cure? I'm grabbing my red lippy then, just in case that chancer Smith tries to nick it ;) .

Make mine's a G'n'T, please 'Tooner, Wee'erBurd has been playing up something terrible today. I'll make this a quickie though, Wee'estBurd will be shouting for a drop 'o the white stuff shortly :lol:...

grumpyhippo
14-Sep-06, 20:10
If its there for the taking I for one don't mind slumming it with a plastic cup.

Cheers P'T

Piglet
22-Sep-06, 14:25
Thank goodness its Friday. :)

Time to sit back & have a dram.

I'll have a Vodka & lemonade thanks.

squidge
22-Sep-06, 14:35
Ill have a nice long gin and tonic please

henry20
22-Sep-06, 14:40
Can I just get a water please? I made the mistake of drinking elsewhere last night. I forgot that this is the only pub locally that doesn't serve hangovers, so I'm not feeling 100% today.

Could I also get a fleece blanket to stop the shivers and a bag of salt & vinegar squares. That should sort me out!

candyfloss
22-Sep-06, 15:14
I could really do with a vodka & coke right now,just had an arguement with my 18yrs old daughter, she's driving me mad :mad:

porshiepoo
22-Sep-06, 16:10
Think I'll treat myself to a Britvic 55 orange as I've just finished my first attempt at soup and it tastes yummy! Just hope hubby thinks the same. :D

footie chick
22-Sep-06, 16:21
Think I'll treat myself to a Britvic 55 orange as I've just finished my first attempt at soup and it tastes yummy! Just hope hubby thinks the same. :D

Soup is good after a night out and first thing in morning you'll feel perfect them.

I think I'll have a bottle of Sol seen as it's Friday;)

henry20
22-Sep-06, 16:53
sorry to be a pain, but if no-one else minds, can I shut the door? Still have the hangover shivers and I'm feeling it a bit cold.

obiron
22-Sep-06, 19:30
Ill have a nice long gin and tonic please

same for me wi a bit o ice and a slice of lemon and one of lime. its friday could do with it.

Billy Boy
22-Sep-06, 20:32
black and tan the night lol:Razz

acameron
22-Sep-06, 20:43
pint of Orange Lucazade and Drambuie for me, with a Banana flavoured smoothie as a chaser....... oh and dont forget the hedgehog flavoured crisps

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 22:05
Right, who's for some hot scotch pies.......?[lol]

canuck
22-Sep-06, 22:13
Scotch pies would be heavenly. Save me having to create dinner. This Rob Roy you mixed is fantastic. Who cares if it doesn't have any bitters.

I could really do with a vodka & coke right now,just had an arguement with my 18yrs old daughter, she's driving me mad :mad:

candyfloss your vodka and coke are on my tab. Sit with me awhile and tell me about your 18 year old daughter. I lived through that stage. I can tell you that 20 is wonderful. They become new people. I suspect that she is like you in many ways and that is likely the source of the conflict. It sure was in my household.

Piglet
22-Sep-06, 22:13
Right, who's for some hot scotch pies.......?[lol]

Oh yeh that would go down a treat. :lol:

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 22:18
Scotch pies would be heavenly. Save me having to create dinner. This Rob Roy you mixed is fantastic. Who cares if it doesn't have any bitters.

candyfloss your vodka and coke are on my tab. Sit with me awhile and tell me about your 18 year old daughter. I lived through that stage. I can tell you that 20 is wonderful. They become new people. I suspect that she is like you in many ways and that is likely the source of the conflict. It sure was in my household.
1 1/2 ounces Whisky
3/4 ounce Sweet Vermouth
1 dash Bitters

Sorry canuck, forgot the bitters, next one's on the house.
Scotch pie for piglet, coming up, would you like some condiments with that?

canuck
22-Sep-06, 22:51
pultneytooner, you have reversed the proportions. But no mind. It was delicious.

Can I have another scotch pie? That was so good.

Moira
22-Sep-06, 22:56
1 1/2 ounces Whisky
3/4 ounce Sweet Vermouth
1 dash Bitters

Sorry canuck, forgot the bitters, next one's on the house.

Pultneytooner - Hold the Scotch pie. I've just finished a home-made chicken curry, basmati rice, naan bread, with side dish of banana, chutney & sultanas. Mine's a double red wine - it's been a long week.

BTW - when's the "happy hour" in here? I've seen the darts matches, quiz nights, karaoke etc, but seem to keep missing the Happy Hour. Mmmm ... could be a conspiracy by the Admin. to keep us Mods on the straight & narrow ....

Whitewater
22-Sep-06, 22:57
Who cares if the portions were reversed, it is good either way, goes well with the Scotch pies. My dog liked the pies as well but was grumpy as we ran out of Murphys and she's not too keen on lager.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Sep-06, 22:57
Cup o' tea please barman and a bit o' shortie!!!!:lol:

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 23:01
Pultneytooner - Hold the Scotch pie. I've just finished a home-made chicken curry, basmati rice, naan bread, with side dish of banana, chutney & sultanas. Mine's a double red wine - it's been a long week.

BTW - when's the "happy hour" in here? I've seen the darts matches, quiz nights, karaoke etc, but seem to keep missing the Happy Hour. Mmmm ... could be a conspiracy by the Admin. to keep us Mods on the straight & narrow ....
Soz moira, let's have a quiznight:

Which actor played the incredible hulk in the tv series.
first right post poses the next question.

P'S........Ye can heve e' shortie cedric and e' cup o' tea but ye heve till heve a wee whisky till go we e't.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm........Naan bread.......http://vcard.homer-simpson.de/images/homer/pic19.jpg

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Sep-06, 23:04
Nice shortie pultneytooner the hulk was Lou Ferringo ....me thinks!!!!:lol:

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 23:06
Nice shortie pultneytooner the hulk was Lou Ferringo ....me thinks!!!!:lol:
Correct pal, your question to ask next.:D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Sep-06, 23:09
Correct pal, your question to ask next.:D

Whurs the whisky?

Who played Murdoch in the 80's series the A-Team?:lol:

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 23:15
Whurs the whisky?

Who played Murdoch in the 80's series the A-Team?:lol:

[lol], pal, got a nice black bottle blend for you, would have been a malt but am a cheapskate.lol

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Sep-06, 23:17
[lol], pal, got a nice black bottle blend for you, would have been a malt but am a cheapskate.lol

Here why does this black bottle say Sarsons on it!!!!:lol: Tastes awright though.....on ma chips,lol

pultneytooner
22-Sep-06, 23:19
Here why does this black bottle say Sarsons on it!!!!:lol: Tastes awright though.....on ma chips,lol

Sorry, did I say malt......[lol]

canuck
23-Sep-06, 00:07
Cedric, I am getting the sense that pultneytooner is out of tea. But I have boxes of it, so drop by anytime.

Moira
23-Sep-06, 00:12
Soz moira, let's have a quiznight:

Which actor played the incredible hulk in the tv series.
first right post poses the next question... < snip>

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm........Naan bread.......

You're missing the point here pultenytooner. The quiz is always on a Sunday night & anyway the Green Cross Man was much less scary than the Incredible Hulk. I want to know when the Happy Hour is - and where's my red wine - I've a fair drought on me now - lol! Serve me please & put me out of my misery :roll:

Piglet
23-Sep-06, 00:13

No just as it comes & a pint to wash it down. :)

Piglet
27-Sep-06, 15:10
Might as well have a drink to celebrate.

Asda is coming woo hooo :D

henry20
27-Sep-06, 15:12
I'll join you for that! Champagne?? or cocktails??

Piglet
27-Sep-06, 15:14
Cocktails i think.

Champers just goes straight to my head. :lol:

paris
27-Sep-06, 17:06
Needing a big magnum of champagne as a friend has just had a baby, got any there and give me a coke while your looking. jan x:lol:

henry20
27-Sep-06, 17:08
I'll be happy with champagne & cocktails - or save the glasses & just give me a champagne cocktail.

Lets start the head-wetting & asda celebrations!

canuck
27-Sep-06, 17:54
I think that I will join you for a bit. We have the Toronto Org get together tonight, but I am the designated drive. I might as well enjoy the Org Pub before I go. I did hear a Caithnessian accent on the phone so this whole thing is not a dream. WBG does exist!

Piglet
27-Sep-06, 22:45
I'll have a champagne cocktail then & get 1 in for Henry20.

She's celebrating baking herself a Banana Loaf. :Razz

henry20
27-Sep-06, 22:54
I'll have a champagne cocktail then & get 1 in for Henry20.

She's celebrating baking herself a Banana Loaf. :Razz

Haha, maybe not - you never tasted it! Can I have a sambuca to clean the palette!! [lol]

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 00:22
Haha, maybe not - you never tasted it! Can I have a sambuca to clean the palette!! [lol]

Was it that bad Henry20. :(

henry20
28-Sep-06, 08:25
well, in my defence, I blame the recipe book - I only work in grams, recipe from org was oz. I opened my recipe book at conversion chart

4oz - 100g
5oz - 150g
6oz - 175g

Wasn't until it was in the oven that I realised it didn't add up quite right!

It is edible (just) but a bit too moist!

Good job the hubby will eat anything with a sugar content :lol:

Better luck next time!!

canuck
28-Sep-06, 15:13
Just a black coffee this morning please pultneytooner.

Henry20 I understand what you mean about making conversions in the kitchen. I finally gave up trying. I just have two sets of measuring spoons and cups, one for imperial, one for metric.

henry20
28-Sep-06, 15:16
Yea, Canuck, I'm going shopping on Saturday for some ounces - so much easier. :roll:

canuck
28-Sep-06, 15:23
Yea, Canuck, I'm going shopping on Saturday for some ounces - so much easier. :roll:

I am not too sure if stores still carry ounces. Maybe in the UK. If you cannot find them on the shelves of the houseware department you might check in the "charity" shops or what we call rummage sales. I think that you call them "jumbo" sales.

henry20
28-Sep-06, 15:25
I am not too sure if stores still carry ounces. Maybe in the UK. If you cannot find them on the shelves of the houseware department you might check in the "charity" shops or what we call rummage sales. I think that you call them "jumbo" sales.

:lol: I think you mean jumble sales. Failing all else, I'll steal my mothers :D

canuck
28-Sep-06, 15:31
:lol: I think you mean jumble sales. Failing all else, I'll steal my mothers :D

Of course, steal mothers, that is what mothers are there for! One of the reasons I actually have 2 sets of both kinds.

MGB1979
28-Sep-06, 15:42
3 fingers o gulpin' whisky please barman.

Piglet
28-Sep-06, 21:03
I know what you mean Canuck & Henry20.

I canna fathom the conversion lark but i got my measuring spoons out of a Christmas Cracker. :lol:

Make mine a vodka & lemonade.

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 20:09
Pop e cork on a bottle o bubbly.
Fran has hit the 1k posting :Razz

Tiger Jones
01-Oct-06, 21:37
It may not come from the continent of the tiger, but I'll have a Wild Africa Cream, please

http://www.galeria-kaufhof.de/images/1031/1/7/125724.jpg

http://functions.safeshop.co.za/View.asp?ID=60958

Piglet
01-Oct-06, 22:48
If you open it tiger i will Join you.
I will try anything once :)

Tiger Jones
01-Oct-06, 23:18
If you open it tiger i will Join you.
I will try anything once :)
That's the spirit, Piglet! :D

Piglet
02-Oct-06, 00:05
That's the spirit, Piglet! :D

I thought any spirit was the right one as long as it stays where it's suppost too. :lol:

Tiger Jones
02-Oct-06, 00:11
I thought any spirit was the right one as long as it stays where it's suppost too. :lol:That's very true. I think this fine reasoning calls for another round :cool:

Piglet
02-Oct-06, 00:13
Good call. :Razz

grumpyhippo
12-Oct-06, 16:21
Click on this link I think you'll agree Northener buys the next round to get the party going!!!:lol: :lol:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=145762&posted=1#post145762

candyfloss
12-Oct-06, 16:27
Sounds like a good idea to me, i'll have a cocktail i think, a woo woo :lol: :lol:

angela5
12-Oct-06, 16:32
Any excuse for a party, pour me anything..:D

henry20
12-Oct-06, 16:44
Can I have a hot toddy please - think I've got a cold coming on :( but if its an excuse for a drink, then so be it! :)