PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Patrick's Day!!

silverlady
17-Mar-11, 09:29
Title says it all!

"All that I am, I have received from God. So I live among barbarous tribes a stranger & exile for the love of God".- St Patrick

Anfield
17-Mar-11, 13:03
Title says it all!

"All that I am, I have received from God. So I live among barbarous tribes a stranger & exile for the love of God".- St Patrick

I think you have started on the dark stuff a bit early.
Happy St Patricks Day to you!

oldmarine
17-Mar-11, 15:01
I wish a Happy St. Paddy's Day to all of you even though I am not Irish.

weekweeker
17-Mar-11, 18:07
funny how the irish celebrate a welsh man as their patron st

Bazeye
17-Mar-11, 19:07
Why, oh why, do people who arent Irish go out on St Paddys day wearing Guinness hats, green wigs and ginger beards?

mi16
17-Mar-11, 19:10
I may celebrate with a nice plate of roosters

silverlady
17-Mar-11, 19:13
I may celebrate with a nice plate of roosters

To be sure that would be grand! Or you could mash them, form them into a mound and make a"well" in the middle, pour a mixture of warm milk butter and chopped spring onions, and bejove - CHAMP, a real Irish delicacy!!

George Brims
17-Mar-11, 19:47
Why, oh why, do people who arent Irish go out on St Paddys day wearing Guinness hats, green wigs and ginger beards?

Any excuse to go out drinking and acting daft is better than none. Plus there's the added bonus of being able to blame the Irish.

I myself will be staying in, drinking Smithwick's Irish Ale.

bekisman
17-Mar-11, 21:51
funny how the irish celebrate a welsh man as their patron st

'the consensus seems to be that he was born at Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland, in the year 387.'?

oldmarine
17-Mar-11, 23:37
'the consensus seems to be that he was born at Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland, in the year 387.'?

Thank you for the history. This must be my lesson for today.

Bazeye
17-Mar-11, 23:50
Thank god for that! A few of the ohs mates came round for a drink tonight at half past seven before heading off to the St Pats club. I think they might have missed the band though, they only left the house 5 minutes ago. and because Im working tomorrow I was the only one not Peshed.

charlie
18-Mar-11, 00:09
What did St Patrick say to the snakes as he was driving them out of Ireland?

'Are you alright in the back there lads?'http://forums.contractoruk.com/images/smilies/laugh2.gif