PDA

View Full Version : The end of the world is nigh

bagpuss
16-Mar-11, 23:09
http://2012planetalignment.org/planet-nibiru-will-it-arrive-on-december-21-2012

the city analysts are taking this one seriously- there's a genuine sense of alarm in the oil industry over these predictions- read it and share your thougts

John Little
16-Mar-11, 23:15
I wouldn't worry about it.

It does not exist.

http://www.universetoday.com/14486/2012-no-planet-x/

joxville
16-Mar-11, 23:34
I'm okay, I plan to be in Caithness on holiday at that time, and we all know nothing ever happens there. [lol]

orkneycadian
16-Mar-11, 23:36
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png

Gronnuck
16-Mar-11, 23:43
Apparently this is all the fantasy of one Nancy Leider and is described here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision)
I shall probaly be putting the finishing touches to the Christmas decorations on that day.

dafi
17-Mar-11, 01:14
I shal be handing out the festive hard hats a couple of days early then.....It will make a change suffering the fall out before christmas rather than on boxingday afternoon

Moira
17-Mar-11, 01:54

the city analysts are taking this one seriously- there's a genuine sense of alarm in the oil industry over these predictions- read it and share your thougts

My thoughts are that I have never taken any of your posts seriously. I think I wished you all the best when you thumbed your nose at all us "hicks" living north of the Ord of Caithness and moved to London.

Life in Caithness is just fine, the snowdrops and crocuses have appeared as have the daffodil and tulip bulb sprouts.

BTW, I didn't click on your link, I was guided by the reactions of the previous posters. If your purpose of posting on these forums is to "re-edumacate" us "hicks" I think your work is done. :D

pmcd
17-Mar-11, 02:04
How many times have you read in the News of the Screws that some swivel-eyed bunch of no-hopers had climbed up a mountain to save themselves from Armageddon, prophesied (usually) by some raincoated twit who'd persuaded a few like-minded misfits to join him in a venture that always ended up with the same bunch of loonies shuffling back down from the mountain, muttering about God not understanding British Summer Time....

People who predict the end of the world deserve contempt for being foolish, and at the very least a caution for putting fearful nonsense into the minds of people likely to believe in such fictions.

My tried and tested method of dispatching such morons is (in my dreams, PC Plod!) acquainting their fundaments with the blunt end of a muted tuba. Prophecies seem to stop after that.

Failing that, a slap rarely offends......

Aaldtimer
17-Mar-11, 04:16
How many times have you read in the News of the Screws that some swivel-eyed bunch of no-hopers had climbed up a mountain to save themselves from Armageddon, prophesied (usually) by some raincoated twit who'd persuaded a few like-minded misfits to join him in a venture that always ended up with the same bunch of loonies shuffling back down from the mountain, muttering about God not understanding British Summer Time....

People who predict the end of the world deserve contempt for being foolish, and at the very least a caution for putting fearful nonsense into the minds of people likely to believe in such fictions.

My tried and tested method of dispatching such morons is (in my dreams, PC Plod!) acquainting their fundaments with the blunt end of a muted tuba. Prophecies seem to stop after that.

Failing that, a slap rarely offends......

Why does the tuba have to be muted?:confused

ducati
17-Mar-11, 08:27
Interesting that the end of the world worries people more than their own mortality.

I think there may be hope for the Human Race yet.:D

porshiepoo
17-Mar-11, 09:08
lol. The world comes to an end on my OH birthday next year. lmao.

RecQuery
17-Mar-11, 09:10
Over the past twenty years the world was supposed to have ended on 17 different occasions. These 2012 are particularly crazy though... could it possibly be the Mayans just thought there's no need to come up with a calender after 2012 right now.

orkneycadian
17-Mar-11, 09:45
The Mayans are nearly a year too late! The calendar hanging in my kitchen ends on the 31st of December 2011!

Must be true then!

weezer 316
17-Mar-11, 14:33
I'm okay, I plan to be in Caithness on holiday at that time, and we all know nothing ever happens there. [lol]

Haha, classic!

Its all a cover up dont you know! Science is ignoring the issue and a prime chance to study a clearly far travelled object for political reasons!

And I KNOW that elvis lives on this planet. it was prophesised in Hello! 6 years ago

oldmarine
17-Mar-11, 14:57

The website reads that the leaders know and is keeping it from us. I doubt they know anymore than the rest of us.

oldmarine
17-Mar-11, 14:58
The Mayans are nearly a year too late! The calendar hanging in my kitchen ends on the 31st of December 2011!

Must be true then!

orkneycanadian: I love your sense of humor.

Kodiak
17-Mar-11, 16:08
According to Professer Brian Cox the end of the world is not far off at all. He says that this will happen, please note he said will happen and not might, roughly between 2 and 3 Billion years time.

mmmmm So not much time then but a bit longer that next year. :Razz

Niall Fernie
17-Mar-11, 17:10
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Bazeye
17-Mar-11, 19:10
And meanwhile, life (but not as we know it) carries on in Portgower.

John Little
17-Mar-11, 19:31
Anyway what did the Mayans know aboot anything?

They're all deid....

weestraw
17-Mar-11, 20:00
According to Professer Brian Cox the end of the world is not far off at all. He says that this will happen, please note he said will happen and not might, roughly between 2 and 3 Billion years time.

mmmmm So not much time then but a bit longer that next year. :Razz

And Brian Cox's view on 2012 and the Mayan calender : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zBqRLK_ESs

I think some of his 'correspondents from the internet' may frequent this site!

Ricco
17-Mar-11, 21:19
Exactly! They weren't that clever because THEIR world ended centuries before their calendar did. Silly bunch o' whatsits!

oldmarine
17-Mar-11, 23:50
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Anything that comes from NASA causes me to question.

SunnyChick
18-Mar-11, 12:33
que sera sera

Blazing Sporrans
18-Mar-11, 13:52
We should have guessed - all these government cuts are masking the financial backing of "Dave's Ark" which will undoubtedly be being constructed inside Glastonbury Tor and powered by leylines - and will save the cream of British Society from the global cataclysm to follow. Never mind the greatest scientists or artists or philosophers - It's important that these people be saved otherwise what photographs will Hello magazine have to publish in their post Armageddon issue?

orkneycadian
18-Mar-11, 14:20
And Brian Cox's view on 2012 and the Mayan calender : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zBqRLK_ESs

Like the man says, there will be another long count starting, as one is finishing. Long counts expired in 1618, 1224, 830 and about 10 other times previously, without drama. Another long count will expire on the 26th March 2407.

We have more to worry about the world ending (as we know it) through politicians, terrorists and religious fanatics than we have in relation to the Mayan "new year"!

gleeber
18-Mar-11, 15:00
We have more to worry about the world ending (as we know it) through politicians, terrorists and religious fanatics than we have in relation to the Mayan "new year"!
There's the problem of the worlds complexities in a nutshell. Everybody's out of step except me.
Politicians take a lot of blame for the problems of the world when in actual fact what they are doing is trying to juggle human nature in such a fashion that all the balls dont fall out of reach at the same time. Most politicians, certainly in Britain, are as honourable as a juggler who juggles human nature can be. At least I think so and it's about time those of you who think the world could be any better if you were juggling the balls, got your own balls out and stopped juggling your jaws. :lol:

dafi
18-Mar-11, 16:06
Anything that comes from NASA causes me to question.

Why that then?

HOP3FORTH3DYING
18-Mar-11, 17:27
What a pile of sheer rubbish. Nibiru is nothing more than a myth created by Zecharia Sitchen, and the planetary alignment predicted by the mayan civilisation and many others may or may not happen but nothing will bad will happen to the planet or chuman kind in the slightest. Go on nasa's ask an astrobiologist webpage and leading scientist David Morrison explains and answers all questions relating to the non existance of this fairy tale

HOP3FORTH3DYING
18-Mar-11, 17:35
Also on an added note it has always been claimed since these rumours started circulating on the internet that niburu was supposed to have been visible since last year from anywhere in the world, something im failing to see. Not to mention if something of its size and magintude did exist it would have been spotted well before now. Pay no attention to the existance of such rubbish, its like saying you believe in the easter bunny, father christmas and the tooth fairy. People make absurd claims its not visible because it is hiding behind the sun. If there was anything to worry about or if goverment officials took any notice of it they would have made public announcements by now and it would be the headlines on every scrap of news up until the time were all meant to croak it. Yet theres nothing, 9 out of ten people dont believe in it and i personally think people who do are insane and should be locked up in a mental insitution. This in all its form is now tunring into another religious fanatical movement, except unlike most religions it has no meaning. Shame Zechariah Sicthen snuffed it last year, i was looking forward to him been laughed at

dafi
18-Mar-11, 18:36
End of the world...na....end of the line...yea ...for you anyway LOL....roll on 21.12.12 time to get a turkey!!!

Snarfer
18-Mar-11, 22:40
Here is an interesting lecure on the 2012 phenomenon

http://royalsociety.tv/dpx_royalsociety/dpx.php?cmd=autoplay&type=solo&dpxuser=dpx_v12&pres=521

Bazeye
18-Mar-11, 23:23
:confusedQUOTE=HOP3FORTH3DYING;832132]Also on an added note it has always been claimed since these rumours started circulating on the internet that niburu was supposed to have been visible since last year from anywhere in the world, something im failing to see. Not to mention if something of its size and magintude did exist it would have been spotted well before now. Pay no attention to the existance of such rubbish, its like saying you believe in the easter bunny, father christmas and the tooth fairy. People make absurd claims its not visible because it is hiding behind the sun. If there was anything to worry about or if goverment officials took any notice of it they would have made public announcements by now and it would be the headlines on every scrap of news up until the time were all meant to croak it. Yet theres nothing, 9 out of ten people dont believe in it and i personally think people who do are insane and should be locked up in a mental insitution. This in all its form is now tunring into another religious fanatical movement, except unlike most religions it has no meaning. Shame Zechariah Sicthen snuffed it last year, i was looking forward to him been laughed at[/QUOTE]

Im stoned and had a bottle of wine and thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Didnt understand aword mind you
, yet still enjoyable. And the more I read it, the more off on a tangent i go, and understand it even more :confused

Bazeye
18-Mar-11, 23:25
cant even do the Quote button now,,,,

bekisman
18-Mar-11, 23:47
HOP3FORTH3DYING Banned...