PDA

View Full Version : IKEA - Do they deliver to highlands?

edayhouse
16-Mar-11, 14:38
I want to order a few things from IKEA and was wondering if they deliver to the Highlands? If not will just go down with a van.
Thanks

*Martin*
16-Mar-11, 14:39
Not sure if they still do it but the Kiln Store in Thurso used to order in IKEA products for customers.

Dadie
16-Mar-11, 14:43
The simple answer is NO.
They will organise a courier for you if you order instore (for an arm and a leg) or if you can use the IKEA direct service (where they charge you 15% to get your stuff off the shelves) and you can get Mackenzies to pick it up..that only works for the Edinburgh or Glasgow store (only one of them and I cant remember which)

Shabbychic
16-Mar-11, 14:56
Apparently they don't deliver (http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/shop_online/about_delivery.html#abroad) outside mainland England and Wales. If that is their policy, I wouldn't spend a penny with them.

Sage
16-Mar-11, 15:45
nope.

When they first started to deliver I signed up to be e-mailed if they ever start delivering up here, and sent them emails too to suggest they change their policy. Was told at the time that if it ever happened we would be the last as they were rolling it out over the country....obviously they've stopped rolling.

theone
16-Mar-11, 15:57
I foresee another highlands delivery/Ikea bashing thread here.

Just to play devil's advocate, where is it written in law that a company must offer home delivery?

And where is it written that they must offer this home delivery 300 miles away from where they choose to build a shop?

I haven't done it myself, but I'm willing to bet that Graham Begg or Caithness home furnishers would tell you "no way" if you asked them to deliver to Glasgow.

In answer to the original poster though, I'm sure some of the local services offer pickup. Shearers Transport maybe? Kiln store used to, but at 20% I found it a bit steep if you were planning a big order.

Moonboots
16-Mar-11, 15:59
They do deliver to Caithness. I recently got a quote for them but again it goes by the weight and how many items you are wanting delivered.

If you contact the Edinburgh store, they will get a quote sorted for you.
Give them the parts/items you want or you can email them direct.edinburgh@ikea.com

Maybe if a few people arrange an order altogether... then you could split the costs lol...

Kiln store hasnt done it for a few years now..

Theres also a delivery company in Orkney that can collect it.... Its Little Johns Removals.... Just remembered lol

poppett
16-Mar-11, 18:20
Waters wallpaper shop on Olrig Street used to have IKEA books and arranged transport. Don`t know if they still do it now though.