PDA

View Full Version : Got a Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop (Preferably L300-23L model)? Needing a backup CD!

Bobinovich
15-Mar-11, 15:21
Does anyone out there have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 (preferable the L300-23L model - you can check the label on the bottom) with Vista Home Premium OEM installed (on another label on the base if not sure)? If so, would you be willing to allow me to borrow your Vista backup CD, or create a Vista backup CD from your laptop? Would be happy to pay for your troubles, so please PM me if so :D.

Thanks in advance!

theone
15-Mar-11, 15:38
I've got an A300-1BZ with Vista premium if that's any use?

Bobinovich
15-Mar-11, 15:49
Thanks for the offer but Toshiba say it would have to be an L300 model to have any chance of compatibility :)

orkneycadian
15-Mar-11, 18:44
Sounds like a good opportunity to replace Vista with something better?

EDDIE
15-Mar-11, 18:49
I though pc world keeps a copy of all the laptop back up cds on there system i think they charge about £10 if u want a copy worth asking

Bobinovich
15-Mar-11, 21:11
Sounds like a good opportunity to replace Vista with something better?

It's not my laptop - If I end up with no option but to buy the replacement backup CD from Toshiba for £40 then I'll give the customer the option to upgrade to Windows 7 if they want to pay the extra, otherwise I think they were happy enough with Vista for what they do.

I though pc world keeps a copy of all the laptop back up cds on there system i think they charge about £10 if u want a copy worth asking

The reinstallation files on the separate hard drive partition were somehow corrupted so couldn't reinstall from them.