PDA

View Full Version : Well borer?

Stefan
15-Mar-11, 11:23
Looking for a company that does bore holes. Can't seem to find anything...
Is there a fairly local company that would drill a bore hole ?

All the companies I can find are in England :-(

Commore
15-Mar-11, 12:19
Looking for a company that does bore holes. Can't seem to find anything...
Is there a fairly local company that would drill a bore hole ?

All the companies I can find are in England :-(

We have a mate from the Black Isle, doing Geothermal stuff, any good?

roadbowler
15-Mar-11, 13:16
I can highly recommend Wyre Well Boring Services of Orkney. Excellent service, no nonsense. Canna say enough how good these guys are. Phone Toofie on 01856821209

Stefan
15-Mar-11, 17:31
That number is not recognized... :-(

charlie
15-Mar-11, 18:02
HotFrog also lists a mobile number if that might be an alternative

Wyre Well Boring Services

Wyre, Orkney, KW17 2QA

p: 07708195751 f: 01856821209

orkneycadian
15-Mar-11, 18:14
I can highly recommend Wyre Well Boring Services of Orkney. Excellent service, no nonsense. Canna say enough how good these guys are. Phone Toofie on 01856821209

Does that count as a recommendation?

Stefan
15-Mar-11, 18:14
Yes, found that, message left...

roadbowler
15-Mar-11, 19:44
looks like I copied the fax no. not the phone.. sorry.. glad ye got it now.

charlie
16-Mar-11, 00:59
looks like I copied the fax no. not the phone.. sorry.. glad ye got it now.

No roadbowler i think you got the phone number absolutely correct.
That is the advertised phone number on all the directories I can find.

The "f" in the Hotfrog listing must be some new fangled way of saying FONE :)
Never mind we can only assume Stefan got there in the end assuming he got a response.

bekisman
16-Mar-11, 14:02
Bore Holes; looking for water? Had a friend from Canada staying back in 1997 who was a Dowser, actually carried his divining rods with him (looked like bits of wire coat hangers bent into a wooden bog roll to me).. Anyway I mentioned I took all this with a pinch of salt, so he offered to give me a demonstration.
He walked up and down my lawn, and after about half an hour pointed to the ground and said that there was an underground stream running East to West "about 3 feet down" right across the garden and in and under the croft land to the side of our house..

Well we knew that a foot down it was solid rock, and thought that as the lie of the land was a north to south slope, took it all with a pinch.

However fast forward five years to March 2002, and we had Hydro come out and plonk a bleeding great Generator next our drive, so that they could supply the area whilst the replaced poles and overhead wires. At the same time they decided to remove the cable that went over our house to the cottage below, as it's not really allowed, it seems. Anyway it was decided to bury the cable, and for about a week a solitarily chap in his digger laboriously made his way around the north of our house and down the west side. I had actually gone to have a chat with him, but he was in a bit of a mood.. He had dug down three feet and cut into an underground stream that was running east to west.. "Gosh, blinking heck" he said he'll have to waterproof the cable now, or something like that.. It's taken another three years for the water to come to the surface at that point, but quite often see the sheep having a drink of nice clean spring water!