PDA

View Full Version : Doanalsin's Diary

veekay
15-Mar-11, 10:40
I really enjoy this addition to the Org; one problem though every time I see it I think of the stories of Donaldson's dairy I used to read to my children. I find my self saying them all day.

veekay
15-Mar-11, 10:42
In case some of you don't know it starts
Out of the gate and off for a walk goes Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's dairy.

Vistravi
15-Mar-11, 23:22
In case some of you don't know it starts
Out of the gate and off for a walk goes Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's dairy.

Thats actually what i thought it was at first lol. I just thought ah hairy maclary! I love the cat scarface in the books. The book in which he chases Hairy Maclary home after he was indulging in cat chasing was class lol.

orkneycadian
15-Mar-11, 23:40
Oddly enough, a scruffy, mangy mongrel appears to be better able to spell Donaldson than a "professional" journalist!

canadagirl
16-Mar-11, 06:24
I brought a bunch of hairy mclary books home for my grandaughter- the dog looks just like our cockapoo, it's funny how some kids books are so catchy. I think this wee doggie has a mischievous streak that all kids (and adults) love.

dragonfly
16-Mar-11, 08:46
same here, I thought the same thing and I used to love reading the Hairy McLarey books to my daughter, they were so good (and short!)

SunnyChick
16-Mar-11, 09:08
My kids love those books and laugh out loud at the yeowling of Scarface Claw!

Vistravi
16-Mar-11, 11:36
My kids love those books and laugh out loud at the yeowling of Scarface Claw!

His yowling is so funny lol.

Dadie
16-Mar-11, 12:28
The books seem to get longer with every telling though....read the same one 4 times in one night, for 5 nights in a row...and you will see!
My kids just seem to get fixated on one book that has to be reread over and over again...until the next fixation....and its not as if we dont have loads to choose from!