PDA

View Full Version : Wick couple win £500,000 on National Lottery

Nwicker60
14-Mar-11, 14:34
Wick train driver and wife on right 'line'
with national lottery thunderball win

A WICK train driver and his wife are celebrating after scooping the £500,000 Thunderball jackpot in the draw on a Saturday night draw by matching all five main numbers and the Thunderball.
Alastair Cameron (53) and his wife Isobel (56) were watching the draw live on the Saturday night and to their complete astonishment all six of their Thunderball numbers were read out.
Alastair said: “Isobel began jumping around screaming that we’d won and I just didn’t believe her, I thought she was having me on. But then I checked the numbers and it really hit me.
“Isobel then phoned her mum and our daughter Christine – we were so excited we couldn’t wait to share the news.”
The Camerons have been playing the lottery since it started and have won small amounts in the past. They play a Lucky Dip every week on Thunderball and their winning numbers were 8, 10, 15, 16, 25 and the Thunderball number 14. The ticket was bought at the Tesco store in Wick.
Alistair, who is employed by First ScotRail, has been a train driver for 31 years and serves the Wick to Inverness route - and has no immediate plans to give-up work. Isobel, a self employed driver for special needs children, does, however, plan to hang up her driving gloves. She said: “I love my job but I’ve worked for a long time and to have the opportunity to sit back and relax is just too good to miss.”
The couple have one daughter, Christine Robertson (34) and three grandchildren.
Alistair continued: “Our grandkids are the apple of our eye so we’ll be treating them to something nice.”
The Camerons also intend to pay off their mortgage and treat themselves to a new car – hopefully an Audi. They also have a trip to Las Vegas planned in the next few months which Alistair now says they’ll be able to do in real style!
The last winners unveiled in Scotland were the Road to the Isles syndicate who scooped a Lotto five plus the bonus ball prize of £148,658 on Wednesday 26 January 2011.