PDA

View Full Version : The baptist church

sandyr1
14-Mar-11, 04:20
Just thought I would give you all another Option.
The Baptist Church is alive and well in this part of the World, particularly in the Southern United States.
Mind you they also fill the Churches in Southern Ontario, much to the chagrin of other denominations..
Their success is their Ministry of music and their Modern Day Preachers.
The local Church holds approx 1600 people with a 30 piece Orchestra and a 70 person choir...And they pack the Church.
3 times a year they hold a 3 day Concert and one has to get tickets in advance for these.
The local Presbyterian Church has approx 45 people going and the last straw for some people was when they tore 'Onward Christian Soldiers' from the Hymn Book, as it depicted War....
So here is a 'Preacher' telling a Story......
You Tube ........... 'Bengy and the zipper'.

Another thought on Religion!

oldmarine
14-Mar-11, 04:58
Just thought I would give you all another Option.
The Baptist Church is alive and well in this part of the World, particularly in the Southern United States.
Mind you they also fill the Churches in Southern Ontario, much to the chagrin of other denominations..
Their success is their Ministry of music and their Modern Day Preachers.
The local Church holds approx 1600 people with a 30 piece Orchestra and a 70 person choir...And they pack the Church.
3 times a year they hold a 3 day Concert and one has to get tickets in advance for these.
The local Presbyterian Church has approx 45 people going and the last straw for some people was when they tore 'Onward Christian Soldiers' from the Hymn Book, as it depicted War....
So here is a 'Preacher' telling a Story......
You Tube ........... 'Bengy and the zipper'.
Another thought on Religion!
Thank you for the invitation sandy. My daughter married a Southern Baptist and became a Baptist. I belong to the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. My wife is church organist and plays the song "Onward Christian Soldiers" often. I believe if the song was ripped from our hymnals our people would revolt.

sandyr1
18-Mar-11, 15:46
Just thought about the Baptist Church again.

Can you imagine this.................A Toronto Councillor paid $300 to have his Office blessed by a Baptist Minister....And you think the Caithness Councillors are bad?
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bekisman
18-Mar-11, 16:09
Just thought about the Baptist Church again.

Can you imagine this.................A Toronto Councillor paid $300 to have his Office blessed by a Baptist Minister....And you think the Caithness Councillors are bad?
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So - did it work?

sandyr1
18-Mar-11, 16:33
So - did it work?

I dunno....It's nuts!

golach
18-Mar-11, 16:41
Sandy, it those long dark winters you have on your side of the pond, they would drive most normal people nuts [lol]

sandyr1
18-Mar-11, 17:11
Actually it isn't too bad////considering a gale here is about 30 mph!! Never more than 40 mph or so.
And the snow is 'Virginal'! One must be prepared to do some things inside rather than in the Heather......