PDA

View Full Version : Lyth Broadband speed

eipi
13-Mar-11, 20:55
We have BT Broadband on the Lyth exchange (01955 641xxx) and have put up with a nominal 512kbps for many years. Recently we noticed a speed increase and I was getting 1700kbps. Then after about a week it dropped to 240kbps, slower than our upload speed of 360kpbs. Now after a few days of this it has gone to 1900kbps.
I'd be interested in others on the Lyth exchange reporting their broadband speed and any inconsistencies in service. Hopefully this would be of general interest to those on the exchange and may give some benefit if there is a pattern of poor service. Hopefully it was just a glitch and things will be permanently better (though still bad compared with most broadband speeds).
http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/setup.aspx

RecQuery
17-Mar-11, 09:14
Most of the exchanges in the area are child exchanges (even Wick and Thurso) I've posted about this in similar threads 8 or 9 times it's a problem in the area I started noticing it October/November 2010 and it's continued (sometimes getting worse since then). Problem is most ISPs don't care about speed issues.