PDA

View Full Version : Outcasts - BBC Sci Fi

Saveman
13-Mar-11, 19:44
Has anyone else been watching Outcasts? I've watched the first 7 episodes but noone else I've spoken to has seen it yet!

meerkat
13-Mar-11, 20:18
I've been watching it - mainly out of curiosity, I can just about handle the plot, but there is some dreadful scripting and mis-casting going on. How did that stubbled geek get to be President? Just one of the many questions......But it moves along OK, and as long as you're not expecting anything wondrous, it'll do fine!

Dog-eared
13-Mar-11, 20:31
It's the last episode tonight. I watch very little TV but gave this a shot. It was reasonably interesting but I won't miss it !

PantsMAN
13-Mar-11, 21:31
It was moved to the current slot because it is complete tosh.

It makes Blake's seven look like an episode of Star Trek.

Usual BBC third rate attempt at scifi - they should have stopped after quatermass!

Each
13-Mar-11, 22:03
Fair comment about the casting - and the acting by some - and the script - and the set - and the .....

But I like the basic concept of plot - it could go in so many direction - but I guess were not going to see a second series.

The script has clearly been seriously compromised by some kind of focus group/ Know it all executives in BBC who have tried to make it all things to everybody (eastenders meets holby city in outer space !) instead of allowing it to be what it needs to be.

It certainly not the equal of Heroes - which is a shame.

onecalledk
14-Mar-11, 00:31
was intruiged to start with and have been watching it every week praying it would start making sense or the acting would get better, needless to say neither has happened.....

K

pmcd
14-Mar-11, 10:20
OK - so I watched the "final" episode, and it seemed to indicate that there might be another series. If there isn't, then here's a suggestion for the Beeb - just do one more episode in which the cops get blown up, the love interests are all consummated, the President gets tried for being crap and is drowned in a vat of his own pretentiousness, and the stroppy bint with the curly hair gets connected to the national grid. Oooh yes - one more thing - that sanctimonious know-it-all Yank preacher man gets the same send-off as King Edward II...........Job done!

Saveman
14-Mar-11, 13:00
Oh dear, seems like I might be the only person in the world who actually enjoyed it! :confused

Shabbychic
14-Mar-11, 13:31
I watched the first episode, and that was enough for me. Even Hermione Norris couldn't pull this one through. I don't think they will make any more as the ratings were so poor, they moved it to the late night slot.

I had been looking forward to this and Bedlam, which both started the same week, but one was as bad as the other.

When are we getting back Fringe and Lie to Me? They stopped for the Xmas break, and still no sign of them.

Dialyser
14-Mar-11, 14:04
Oh dear, seems like I might be the only person in the world who actually enjoyed it! :confused

I enjoyed it as well, but it certainly wasn't a stand out classic either. I have my doubts if we will see anymore being made.

Ricco
14-Mar-11, 20:30

Nope - I have watched all of them and enjoyed them, but I agree that the story line was getting a little out of control. Don't shoot the cops (well, just Cass then), do shoot the AC's - they don't seem to do much, give the nasty-man preacher (he is really a bad guy, you know) he heart's desire and send him into space to meet his mates.... but strap him outside the shuttle and send Freya off to speak to 'the forces within'.

Ricco
14-Mar-11, 20:31
Oh, and I don't think there will be any more. :~(

PantsMAN
14-Mar-11, 21:51
One series too many IMHO.

Outcasts by name and outcast by the viewing public!

tommy1979
14-Mar-11, 23:45
tried watching one episode of this and came to the conclusion...uk tv cant make good sci fi any more...terrible action, script, acting etc etc

Kenn
15-Mar-11, 01:45
It's a tad predictable but am waiting for the punch line.

The Angel Of Death
15-Mar-11, 10:15
BBC has officially binned the series

Shame i enjoyed it but its not a patch on US sci fi though

purplelady
17-Mar-11, 01:18
no you are not i really enjoyed it and hope there will be another series xxxxxxx

pmcd
17-Mar-11, 02:10
I guess at least the scenery didn't wobble - even though the series looked like it'd been filmed in Slough, just before payday. And much as I'm prepared to go the willing suspension of disbelief bit, I cannot believe a President in an anorak with stubble. (Yes, I KNOW the Director General of the BBC has stubble - that's why the government docked the BBC 16% of its hoped-for licence fee increase.)

steeko
19-Mar-11, 16:35
It makes Blake's seven look like an episode of Star Trek.

I like Blakes 7, but I also like Star Trek. But which is best? Theres only one way to find out..................FIGHTTTTTTTTTT