PDA

View Full Version : Iran, the London olympics and its logo.

theone
13-Mar-11, 04:16
I must admit, I did laugh when I first heard of Iran's stance on the logo.

Over reaction - totally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12724166

I wouldn't have noticed it before, but like the "can you see a dinosaur" pictures I got it eventually!

But the more I look at it, what DOES it represent? Things like this aren't random, I'm sure somebody made a small fortune for designing it.

I tried googling the origin of the logo, the best result was a blog making fun of it and showing mockups of the Simpsons.

What do we all think of the logo? Is it okay? Does it have a hidden meaning? Would we prefer something different? Is it a reflection of Jewish influence in Britain, maybe Lord Coe is a Mossad agent ;) ?

oldmarine
13-Mar-11, 05:26
Is it a reflection of Jewish influence in Britain?

I would be more concerned by the reflection of Islamic Muslim influence in Britain. Take a good look at what is happening in London. You should understand my point.

John Little
13-Mar-11, 08:41
To me the logo contains two SS runes and a twisted swastika - the Iranian president should love it.....

John Little
13-Mar-11, 08:43
I would be more concerned by the reflection of Islamic Muslim influence in Britain. Take a good look at what is happening in London. You should understand my point.

My wife works in London - I'm sure she would have mentioned if something awful was kicking off there....

And I was up there on Friday and everything looked ok....

bekisman
13-Mar-11, 12:16
Seems they are coming:
"We will make co-ordination with officials of the International Olympic Committee and we will participate and play gloriously in London Games."
Must admit I found it hard to see 'the' word.. but don't they read 'backwards' i.e. right to left?

orkneycadian
13-Mar-11, 13:13
Er, they don't even use the Latin Alphabet, so Zion in their script (all that squiggles) would look nothing like the 2012 logo!

Just another attempt to impose Islamic objection to anything "infidel" on us. We might as well get used to it....

Kells
13-Mar-11, 13:19
I thought that it was the UK that was hosting the games and not just London as the logo says.

theone
13-Mar-11, 16:05
I thought that it was the UK that was hosting the games and not just London as the logo says.

London is the host city, although some events are done elsewhere. The games are always awarded to a city rather than a country.

Kells
13-Mar-11, 16:22
London is the host city, although some events are done elsewhere. The games are always awarded to a city rather than a country.

Didn't know that, London hosts and the UK pays or have I got that wrong as well. lol

theone
13-Mar-11, 16:36
Didn't know that, London hosts and the UK pays or have I got that wrong as well. lol

No, I think you're not far off the mark there.

oldchemist
13-Mar-11, 18:14
I must admit, I did laugh when I first heard of Iran's stance on the logo.

Over reaction - totally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12724166

I wouldn't have noticed it before, but like the "can you see a dinosaur" pictures I got it eventually!

But the more I look at it, what DOES it represent? ?

I've always thought it looked like two people having a knee trembler.

Garnet
13-Mar-11, 18:40
Sadly IMHO it is an ugly, ugly logo, whatever is it supposed to be (I know, I know, 2012), but surely with all the talent we've got in this country something better could have been picked...........ah well maybe next time eh!!!!!

Phill
13-Mar-11, 19:57
http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/files/original/2012RippOff_468x379-thumb.jpg

Fixed it!!

dafi
13-Mar-11, 19:58
Londeners are paying through the nose with extra poll tax to fund these games!!!....whether they want them or not.!!

dafi
13-Mar-11, 20:00
Cracker Phill!!!!

Logical
13-Mar-11, 20:24
I loved the PM's indifference to the claims
Mr Cameron said: "It's completely paranoid. If the Iranians don't want to come, don't come - we won't miss you.

About time a politician didn't fall for this political correctness garbage.

Bazeye
13-Mar-11, 21:12
I would be more concerned by the reflection of Islamic Muslim influence in Britain.

So would I.

John Little
13-Mar-11, 21:35
Why?..................

Garnet
14-Mar-11, 01:02
So much better Phil..........congrats!!

The Angel Of Death
14-Mar-11, 09:46
I've always thought it looked like two people having a knee trembler.

Spot on i always thought the same but going slightly further i can see bart and lisa simpson in the picture doing what no brother and sister should be ;)