PDA

View Full Version : Hdmi port

zagor
11-Mar-11, 22:25
Hello all.
I have a acer Aspire m3200 that has a built in hdmi slot, I am trying to connect this to my tv but the port seems switched off as after connecting it to the tv with the hdmi cable i get a message advising no signal.
I have tried googling it and can find plenty of information on it definately has hdmi built in, but no information on how to turn it on.
Any ideas
Thanks for any help

dx100uk
13-Mar-11, 01:42
sure you've gotthe drivers installed?
look in device manager

dx

jimbews
13-Mar-11, 12:02
Hello all.
I have a acer Aspire m3200 that has a built in hdmi slot, I am trying to connect this to my tv but the port seems switched off as after connecting it to the tv with the hdmi cable i get a message advising no signal.

Never seen one, so only guessing.
Laptops have a function key that switches between the various video output modes.
Which key it is varies between manufacturers and also the way it works.
Look for a function key that has an icon of a screen, or two screens overlapping.
Hold down the Fn key + the key with the icon (similar to using the Shift key).
Some laptops use Fn+Fn-key to toggle to the next possible setting.
Some put up a set of icons on the screen and you keep pressing the relevant function key (while continuously holding down the Fn key) until you get to the mode you want (possibly labelled as TV?).
As I have said, I've never tried it on a laptop with an HDMI port, but have seen the equivalent on laptops that output to a video connector.
Good luck.

EDDIE
13-Mar-11, 12:38
Hello all.
I have tried googling it and can find plenty of information on it definately has hdmi built in, but no information on how to turn it on.
Any ideas
Thanks for any help

Its either one of the f keys you press to switch it on or u have to to go into your graphic card and change the settings so it will detect your tv
On some blue ray discs if you watch a movie using that hdmi port going to a projector or another tv you have to turn of the laptop screen before it will play on the projector or tv
I played about with the graphics settings to get my one to work via the hdmi but i have hp laptop but havent used that slot for a while