PDA

View Full Version : Wick tax Office : Danny Alexander

rob murray
11-Mar-11, 13:49
Front page of Groat today, local tax office staff in campaign to save their jobs : interesting that although local Lib Dem MP John Thurso is rightly appalled at recent decisions taken to close the service, his fellow Lib Dem ( condem ! ) MP, Danny Alexander, backs the view taken by HMRC !! Alan Tait rightly argues that the use of modern technology could easliy bring more work into the area, further correctly arguing that the North, given the impending Dounreay scenario, cannnot depend upon a small private sector to create the jobs required.

I have made these points increasingly on this site, modern technology can be used to locate work anywhere, the decision to do so is always made on a political basis, an unargueable fact. Sadly, the split in Lib Dem ranks and Danny Alexander's ( surely the tories tory ! ) contrary views, makes this a very hard task to achieve. None the less all the best to the staff in their fight !

theone
11-Mar-11, 14:25
Any "split" between politicians is a good thing. It shows they are willing to employ their own free thought to important issues.

Why have more than one politician if they're all expected to tow the same line? That would be a waste of money.

rob murray
11-Mar-11, 14:30
Any "split" between politicians is a good thing. It shows they are willing to employ their own free thought to important issues.

Why have more than one politician if they're all expected to tow the same line? That would be a waste of money.

Pure and utter drival...

theone
11-Mar-11, 14:33
Pure and utter drival...

Really? Why's that?

Why pay two politicians if they're both only going to do the same thing?

rob murray
11-Mar-11, 14:36
Really? Why's that?

Why pay two politicians if they're both only going to do the same thing?

Well tell me oh great one ?

theone
11-Mar-11, 14:40

You confuse me. What are you asking?

I was questioning why we pay hundreds of politicians if you expect them to all agree.

My view is that those that have been elected to make decisions on our behalf should do so, make decisions.

rob murray
11-Mar-11, 14:52
You confuse me. What are you asking?

I was questioning why we pay hundreds of politicians if you expect them to all agree.

My view is that those that have been elected to make decisions on our behalf should do so, make decisions.

Well thats your view, no one expects them all to agree that is the nature of parliamentary democracy ie inter party etc, I would have thought that a Highland MP in Danny Alexander would have agreed with our local MP ( both Lib Dem )...but as you well know Danny has his own agenda to play out, however its a great pity that you expressed no concern or opinion on the real issue which is local people losing their jobs, your silence on this point is appalling.

Oh...does your Hitler quote sum up your political views....in Nazi germany all politicians agreed..didnt they ?

theone
11-Mar-11, 15:07
but as you well know Danny has his own agenda to play out

No, I have no idea what you're talking about.

however its a great pity that you expressed no concern or opinion on the real issue which is local people losing their jobs, your silence on this point is appalling.

Oh really?

Let's be honest here Rob, your original post was nothing to do with job losses, it was just an opportunity to make a dig at the government you don't agree with. I think a look through your previous posting will make YOUR agenda quite clear.

I am sorry that you were so "appalled" by my lack of opinion on the job losses. Hopefully I can set your mind at rest by saying I feel sorry for anyone who faces losing their job.

Oh...does your Hitler quote sum up your political views....in Nazi germany all politicians agreed..didnt they ?

No, my political views don't match those of any one party or set of ideals.

But yes, the politicians did agree (at least in public) in Nazi Germany. What's your point? You seem to be suggesting that is what you'd like? I'd rather have each politician representing his own views.

With £120 million a day being spend on interest payments to service the nations debt cuts are inevitable. Of course I would rather they didn't occur here but they have to happen to somebody somewhere.

rob murray
11-Mar-11, 15:22
" Let's be honest here Rob, your original post was nothing to do with job losses, it was just an opportunity to make a dig at the government you don't agree with. I think a look through your previous posting will make YOUR agenda quite clear"

Now what would you know about my agenda, looking through your postings your agenda is to wind people up or spout inane nonsens : You know what, I will repeat, complete and utter drivel * 10 : go and play your sick little games elsewhere !

theone
11-Mar-11, 15:32
Now what would you know about my agenda!

Just what I have seen in your posts.

Relentless digs at the tories/lib dems.

Now what would you know about my agenda, looking through your postings your agenda is to wind people up or spout inane nonsens

I replied to your first post to say it was refreshing to see politicians making their own views clear as opposed to reading straight from a party manifesto.

If you think that is an attempt at a wind up or inane nonsense I think you need to look at it again.

go and play your sick little games elsewhere !

Hmm, pot - kettle - black?

Pure and utter drival...

Oh...does your Hitler quote sum up your political views....

rob murray
11-Mar-11, 15:38
Yep, sick little nonsensical games and you havent the guts to put your own name to your drivel, hiding behind "the One" eh ! Hitler indeed : go on give me a clue, who am I wasting my time with here ? lets play a wee game eh..who are you, who who ?

theone
11-Mar-11, 15:45
Yep, sick little nonsensical games ?

Where, please tell me, in this thread have I said anything that might be percieved as a nonsensical game?

hiding behind "the One" eh !

I'm hiding behind "theone" in the same way you're hiding behind "rob murray". I've no proof that's your name, nor do I need it. You can call be Sheila if you want, it really makes no difference to me.

Hitler indeed

No, I'm not Hitler, keep guessing........

lets play a wee game eh..who are you, who who ?

I thought I'd already said I'm not here to play games..............do try to keep up.

Now, lets go back to your original post. What do you find so offensive or appauling about my reply that would warrant the attacking tone of yours?

rob murray
11-Mar-11, 15:48
Ta ta, work to do...leave you to do what you you do best lol lol