PDA

View Full Version : tribunal representative

denise
10-Mar-11, 17:19
Hi there, does any orgers ken o a person that acts as a representative for a tribunal hearing. My Dad has one for Pension Credit appeal & he would like aprepresentative to go with him. Do you just ask at CAB if someone from there could attend with him? Thanks

orkneycadian
10-Mar-11, 19:37
I think you can bring anyone along, as long as they are prepared to do it. No need for it to be someone "special". If its anything like an employment tribunal, that person is there as an "accompaniment" not as a representative.

Sounds like CAB would be a useful first port of call, even if just to find out more about the process, and what accompanying people can, and can't, do.

poppett
10-Mar-11, 20:06
DWP have different tribunal rules to the rest of the world. I have been both on the argueing end and being a representative in my time.

CAB should be able to provide your dad with a representative, and failing that the local authority should have a welfare rights officer who can help your dad with this.

You may also have an advocacy service in your area. We have one which covers the Highlands, but not sure how far south they work.

If there is a carers support group in your area they may also be able to help with preparing and accompanying your dad on the day.

I hope you get the help you need.

denise
12-Mar-11, 10:11
Thanks, for replies. It is a DWP hearing Poppet. Going to send you a private message. Thanks