PDA

View Full Version : Ross

kemnay
10-Mar-11, 09:57
Hi
My name is Carole birnie and I was very interested in the Mowatt and Ross thread as my greatgrand father was Donald Ross who was married to Dolina Mowatt Ross and lived in Westerdale his son Rodrick was my grandfather and his daughter is Rhoda who is my mother, I would love to have any more information that anyone has on both of these names
regards Carole

flora
17-Mar-11, 16:45
Hi kemney I hope you won't mind me pinching your thread to ask if anyone knows where abouts Donald Ross and Donaldina would have lived at Roadside Reiss in the early 1900's Donald was a shoemaker and as I have now learned from Kemney they had a large family of 9 children, we know John was killed in action at Ypres in 1917 , and Margaret died at Scrabster age 21 in 1904, William married late in life to Catherine Macleod they had no children, Donaldina born 1886 married Alexander Macleod they had 6 children, Alexander 1890 married Elizabeth Green they had 2 children, Isobel 1886 married John Gunn and had 5 children, Janet or Jean 1881 married Walter Dunnet they had 4 children, is anyone related to any of these familys? we have Roderick 1885 and Mary 1895 accounted for , any information will be much appreciated, Regards Flora

buny73
31-Mar-11, 02:26
I have a Mary Ross who married Daniel Mowat and had at least 1 daughter Margaret Mowat. Margaret was born abt 1836 and married Neil McMenemy. Neil McMenemy and Margaret Mowat are my great great grandparents. Does this match anything that you have?

flora
01-Apr-11, 12:27
Hi Buny, my Mowats go back to William born Thurso, the only marriage I could find for Mary Ross was to a Donald Mowat 15th of March 1813 at Aberdeen, this is from Scotlands People, I couldn't find any Daniel/Donald Mowat marriage on Freecen in Caithness or a birth for Margaret Mowat 1836 in Caithness, do you know where Daniel and Mary where married/born?, my William only had daughters, if there is a conection it will be through his Parents John Mowat and Isobel Miller I havn't gone any further back as yet due to some confusion as to where they came from, could be Strathnaver or Kincardine, If it's through the Ross family my Ross's came from Clyne Sutherland then Wick on to Halkirk and finaly Reiss near Wick, if you have any more info and I'll try and help. Flora